Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Anthony Bryant was on that awful Carrie Bruno competition show, and he didn't make it through to the end, but I don't recall him being quite so bratty.
    He totally should have been put through to Vegas even if they eliminate him early because of his 'tude there. Plus what was the big deal about his costume?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I loved the ballerina-turned-jazz dancer. Her ballet training really shines through; gorgeous feet and lines and she is gorgeous to boot. I loved the Jennifer Beals comment...that was cute.

I loved Toshi too. Very entertaining even though he barely spoke any English...

I liked the salsa dancer with her little brother. ITA chantilly; girlfriend's body is to die for!

The ballet dancer whose brother flew her out to the audition was really good too though she looks almost a little too skinny to me. Loved her leg lines though...

I liked the tap dancer girl too...very cute.

The guy they toyed with by telling him to stay for choreography and then giving him his ticket straight to Vegas was excellent too.

Overall, good auditions. I love it when they have Adam Shankman and Jessie Tyler Ferguson on the panel. They are two of my favorites.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I loved the ballerina-turned-jazz dancer. Her ballet training really shines through; gorgeous feet and lines and she is gorgeous to boot. I loved the Jennifer Beals comment...that was cute.

I loved Toshi too. Very entertaining even though he barely spoke any English...

I liked the salsa dancer with her little brother. ITA chantilly; girlfriend's body is to die for!

The ballet dancer whose brother flew her out to the audition was really good too though she looks almost a little too skinny to me. Loved her leg lines though...

I liked the tap dancer girl too...very cute.

The guy they toyed with by telling him to stay for choreography and then giving him his ticket straight to Vegas was excellent too.

Overall, good auditions. I love it when they have Adam Shankman and Jessie Tyler Ferguson on the panel. They are two of my favorites.

Agree with all of this.

vCash
    Toshi was entertaining, but I'd have sent him to choreography rather than straight to Vegas. If he can't dance with someone else he's going to get cut after the first day.

Loved the ballet and ballroom dancers. And Adam Shankman's Bruno Toniolli impression was funny.

vCash
    Ditto to your comments,, kwanatic.

vCash
    I liked the salsa dancer with her little brother. I was impressed by her determination and his willingness to try something that could have made him look like a fool to give his sister a chance.
    Is this really the last season because I would really like to see little brother in the future.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    ITA on Toshi. I don't know what they do when one partner completely messes up the other in Vegas, but I would have sent him to choreography too. Hopefully he will surprise.

I don't know if they have officially canceled SYTYCD, but I doubt it will last 3 more years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    ITA on Toshi. I don't know what they do when one partner completely messes up the other in Vegas, but I would have sent him to choreography too. Hopefully he will surprise.
    Is the bolded sentence about salsa dancer's little brother? (The sentences surrounding that one are about Toshi, but "partner" mention threw me.) If so, at 16, I'm pretty sure that little brother is too young to actually appear on SYTYCD. If you weren't referring to him, then nevermind ...

ETA: I just re-read your post, and I now believe you were wondering about Toshi -- i.e., if he couldn't cut it in Vegas and messed up in the partnering, whether it would held against his partner. I would hope that the partner would get another chance, if they seemed capable of performing at a higher level, but not sure how they handled this situation in the past (there must have been instances of this before).

I don't know if they have officially canceled SYTYCD, but I doubt it will last 3 more years.
    If ratings improved this summer, then it might get a reprieve for another season, but I, too, don't think it would last 3 more years.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Right, I was talking about Toshi.

vCash
    Watching tonight's episode. Is this the last week of auditions?

at Nigel creeping on one of the dancer's moms.

Anyone else watching?

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Loved the Mongolian dancer- I hope she can do choreography.

Some good auditions tonight- liked the kid with the loud Mom (despite Nigel)- but if she were my Mom I'd be embarrassed.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    Loved the Mongolian dancer- I hope she can do choreography.

Some good auditions tonight- liked the kid with the loud Mom (despite Nigel)- but if she were my Mom I'd be embarrassed.
    I liked that kid too. Unfortunately he had the embarrassing mom, creepy Nigel and then Mary yelling at the top of her lungs for what seemed like eons. I felt bad for him all the way around.

vCash
    Liked the trapese girl. A lot actually.

And loved Caleb, the quirky guy. He seems to have skills in a bunch of dance areas but not sure how much over-all. But he is a good actor and tells a good story. His personality is very appealing.

The kid with the loud Mom was good. Animation guy was OK. good at what he did but I didn't think he was as good as Cyrus nor did he have as much personality which is what Cyrus got through on last year. The girl Jasmine? that was his ex was great though.

Car accident guy was good but needs to gain some weight IMO.

But honestly this was probably the weakest audition city for me. There were people they gushed over I was just meh on. Can't remember his name but there was a guy who had great legs and feet but was really tight in his upper body and had very low leaps.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Lots of notable dancers tonight. The guy who was in the car accident is lovely - his feet are to die for Cha Cha dancers were great - LOVED him, too bad he is too young for the show this year. If this really is the final season, we wuzrobbed!!

What is the deal with ALL of the family auditions now? Tonight it was clear that several of the auditioners' parents were prepped to come on stage, which made it significantly less interesting than it was the first few times. The Dance Dad was certainly dedicated, but I thought his daughter was nothing special I did like the lucky pigs, though, and obviously with all that prep they weren't going to NOT send her through. Nerd boy is an entertaining performer, but nothing on the level of the Kasprzak brothers. His technique was ok but really unpolished and his feet were noticeably lax.

Arial dancer was beautiful, Mary got it right when she called her performance liquid. Also loved the mongolian bowl dancer - lovely to see a new style on the show.

Cyrus' ex-gf story was excruciating. Poor girl, if she makes it to the Top 20 they'll be bringing up Cyrus every time they talk to her. She was really fantastic, though.

I feel bad the salsa girl didn't get through the choreography round...it looked before like the choreo was some form of ballroom, but during her group it looked like they were doing hip hop. Also sorry the guy in white who basically did pointe work in his sneakers found it too difficult to continue.

On to Vegas!

ETA: I take back my snarking about the family auditions. I don't think we got any famewhore joke/crazy deluded people auditions or any that were just awful. I will gladly sit through some awkward Dance Dads instead of the latest audition from Sex
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    ETA: I take back my snarking about the family auditions. I don't think we got any famewhore joke/crazy deluded people auditions or any that were just awful. I will gladly sit through some awkward Dance Dads instead of the latest audition from Sex
    This!

vCash
    Cyrus' ex was the only one who really stood out for me. Plus she gets bonus point in my book for auditioning with an actual shirt on as opposed to most contemporary girls who think it's required to show their torso.

Dance Dad girl was a better performer than dancer, IMO.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    Dance Dad girl was a better performer than dancer, IMO.
    They should've put him through instead.

vCash
    Car accident guy was good but needs to gain some weight IMO.
    I'm sure that he's been using an extraordinary amount of energy to recover.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    ITA that nerd guy actually isn't that good. Very unpolished.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Loved Cyrus' girlfriend. She evidently lives in the town where my ballet studio is located-wonder where she trains? But we aren't contemporary so....I thought she was not only a lovely dancer but has a gorgeous face if she would take that dumb wad of hair up out of her eyes. Fabulous cheekbones. Very elegant body and carriage.

Loved chacha girl and the accident boy. He had a very appealing face. Pretty hair too! Oh...and he danced well....

Still way way way too many blah contemporary girls rolling around on the floor who get sent to Vegas and I'm going WHAT??????

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast