Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Re-registered User
    vCash
    Robert. Ab glur wwub sh fee.

What?
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Jasmine wins first half, Amy wins second half. Toss up for me. I envy Amy's core strength and Jasmine's legs

Big and little Twitch routine will probably win it for Fikshun. Aaron's routines didn't dazzle enough.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    That might be my favourite routine of the night. I loved the use of the conveyor. Tyce has had a phenomenal season. I just so wish they would cast/hire the choreographers for a SYTCC season.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I LOVED Mark's routine for Amy and Jasmine! However, I HATED those circles around their waists.

Where was Sonya tonight?!?
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Hee. Mark just topped Wade's Foxes dance for a "what the..." No wonder Gaga loves him. The ONLY thing wrong with it is that Mark wasn't dancing in it too.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh all 4 were great in the last 2 dances. I love Mark. Looking forward to more from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I envy Amy's core strength and Jasmine's legs.
    ITA. I think that Amy is better at emoting. Jasmine is probably a little more versatile in terms of dance styles.

Mark is all kinds of wonderful. The last two dances were my favorite. I thought the samba was, by far, the weakest dance.

Paula was better tonight than she was on Idol. Gabby was useless.

vCash
    Gabby was just slightly better than Carly Rae Jepsen
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    whyyyyyyyy did they have an extra judge? Gabby is a sweetheart but was completely useless as a judge.

Amy/Aaron - Jazz Fusion, Ray Leeper
    Have I mentioned that I can't stand Ray Leeper's choreography? Well danced, great partnering, meh piece

Jasmine/FikShun - Contemporary, Travis Wall
    Interesting piece, FikShun was a little tentative on some of the transitions - I think it's a matter of confidence. Wish Travis had choreographed Jasmine lifting FikShun too, but I imagine that would cause Nigel's head to explode.

Aaron/Melinda - TAP! Anthony Marchxqyzzzzz....
    aw, I liked this choreo so much but I wanted to yell SHUT THOSE EFFING LYRICS UP!!! It really ruined this as a tap piece to have the vocals pull away from the sound of the shoes.

Jasmine/Comfort - Nappy Tabs Hip Hop
    oh hey, Jasmine "surprised us all" by choosing hip hop I really liked this piece, but once again Jasmine did not connect with her partner. My eye went to Comfort for most of the piece.

Amy/FikShun - Miriam/Leonardo Argentine Tango
    Again with a few bobbles for FikShun, but some moments that were quite strong. really liked the piece.

missed Jasmine's solo and Jasmine/Aaron's duet due to phone call

All other solos were good but not super fantastico

FikShun/Twitch - Hip Hop Luther Brown
    Loved this! These two make a good pairing. I do think FikShun was a bit overwhelmed by being in the finale, but this was fantastic.

Amy/Robert - Stacey Tookey Contemporary
    Best piece of the night Gorgeous dancing, that step off the front of the stage was astonishing - Amy really is fearless.

Aaron/FikShun - Tyce Broadway
    I know Tyce gets a lot of crap for his B'way pieces, but this was a GREAT showcase for both of these men. Maybe this is my favorite piece of the night?!?

Amy/Jasmine - Mark Kanemura Jazz
    the music is giving me Eman voids
    This looked like a hell of a lot of fun, and both danced quite well, but not as tight as I wish. Neither were as clean or sharp with Mark's choreo as Jenna

For the guys Aaron will and should win. It's going to be a nailbiter for the women...I'm power voting for Amy!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Robert was my favorite that year...the only year I actually endured the screaming crowds by going to the tour. (I hate loud noise and crowds...it was brutal, but my hub was photographing it for a magazine so I kind of had to go.) Robert actually came in 3rd after Lauren (whatever happened to her?) and Kent, so he must have appeal to some. Each to their own-of course. I liked him on TV and I was very impressed with him live. I think some people just look better in person. Variety is the spice of life!
    This may sound odd, but I actually like Robert a lot more this season, post accident. He dances with so much more vulnerability and emotional presence now than he did then. There's more maturity in what he did tonight than anything he did during his own season.

I'll be ok with whomever wins. Jasmine had a great night and is really peaking at the right time. Her dance with Fikshun was probably the most I've liked her all season, but she's never really going to be my favorite. Amy is a great dancer but I feel like I'm only just now getting to see her being challenged and as a result being interesting. I love both Aaron and Fikshun. Can't choose a favorite between them. I really felt Paul's absence tonight.

vCash
    The inside of Mark's head must be a very very strange place.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Gabby was just slightly better than Carly Rae Jepsen
    At least she was engaged and enthusiastic.

Someone asked what became of season seven champion Lauren Froderman. I thought she was going to be on as an all star this season. She's still dancing, but also going to college full time.

vCash
    I was disappointed in last night's show. I don't understand the point of making them dance 5 times. Is it to identify the person who doesn't collapse from exhaustion? If so, give everyone a trophy for just making it through the show.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    My top 3 for the night

Amy/Robert, Jasmine/FikShun, FikShun/Twitch. I thought Gabby was useless and Paula just rambles way too much. Nigel clearly wants Jasmine but I think Mary wants Amy. Will be interesting to see what happens. I don't mind tap dancing but I find the tapping to music very annoying. I wish they could let their feet make the music.

vCash
    The tap routine was ruined by a really poor song choice, and given Aaron's incredible strengths as a tapper, I'd guess that the fault lies more with the choreographer/song choice.

I also wish he'd used this week's solo last week when nothing counted, and last week's solo -- which was amazing -- last night.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    This is the first year that I never voted. I am rooting for Amy, but I really would have been happy with any of the top 5 girls winning. I should have voted for Paul earlier on, but between Aaron/FikShun, I am fine with either. Aaron is the more versatile dancer, but FikShun is great in his genre.

I didn't get enough of an Allison/Kathryn fix this year. I wanted to see them more often.

vCash
    Overall, I thought the dancing was better last week. Not too many of the routines stood out for me that much.

Jasmine: I enjoyed her routine with FikShun (very fluid and elegant) and her hip hop routine with Comfort. The routine with Amy at the end was so quirky and weird but I still liked it, though Mark's work with Jenna is still his best. Back to Jasmine, I'm so happy she's made it to the finale. She's a fantastic dancer and I know her future in dance is very bright. It's interesting that she turned down a chance to travel/tour with Ciara. Win or lose, it was a smart decision b/c she's made a name for herself. I've really enjoyed her this season.

Amy: I enjoyed her piece with Robert and her tango with FikShun. I've enjoyed her as well this season. She has a great personality and a lovely mixture of power and grace, very similar to Melanie IMO (Melanie's better tho ). I thought the poll for which Travis routine everyone wanted to see was hilarious. I'd love to know who actually voted for the one with Malece? That Travis/Amy piece was one of the best of the entire season! I'm happy for Amy and my gut tells me she's going to win...

Aaron: The tap routine was nice but I agree w/ people who thought the song was distracting. Overall, I don't think Aaron got dealt the best cards last night in terms of dance. He did well but the only routine that really stood out was was the one with FikShun. His solo was nice but the solo he did last week was perfection and would have been a much better choice for the final night of performances. I love Aaron so much. He's been my favorite from the beginning and I really hope he wins this. Overall he's the stronger dancer (next to FikShun) plus he just has that something about him...yeah, I'm totally in love with him but that's besides the point! Aaron FTW!

FikShun: I thought his routine with Jasmine was nice. Like Aaron, I don't feel FikShun had a lot of shining moments last night. His solo was great and so were his routines with Twitch and Aaron. FikShun has been great this season and like so many before him, his personality has made up for his lack of training. I feel like Aaron is the front-runner to win it all right now but I wouldn't be surprised if FikShun wins either. He's been great and people love him.

Gabby Douglas wasn't terrible but I wouldn't care to see her back as a guest judge. Paula babbled...whatever. So right now I'm thinking Aaron and Amy will probably win but I'm not 100% sure. I'm excited to see some of my favorite routines next week. I want to see:

- The Broadway piece with the "Hi-YAH!" lift
    - Amy and Travis' glorious contemporary piece
    - Aaron and Jasmine's first hip hop routine
    - Mark's first choreographed piece with Jenna
    - Amy and FikShun's bell hop routine
    - That Stacey Tookey piece with Mackenzie and Paul (I think) with all of the angles

Can't wait to see who wins!!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I'd like to see most of those, but also Amy/FikShun in the Sonya piece they did the first week. Also, Paul/Kathryn.

At least they should have put the Tucker/Robert piece up against the Amy/Travis piece. It would have had a better chance than Malece/Jade.

vCash
    A little levity before tonight's finale. Travis Wall and friends in So You Think You Can Eat: http://youtu.be/_Nb5C7iZCUw

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    opening choreographed by allison's ivan

i dont know why i needed to see paula again so soon, i have a feeling that if she stood up, her dress is ridiculous
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast