Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Beach Bum
    vCash
    Are they having 2 winners this year or just 1?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I didn't care for the obvious disdain for Jenna as the show closed. Not one hug from the current cast. Chelsea did notice and stayed with her, but I can't help thinking that the show is just high school on steroids. Lets punish Jenna for lasting longer than Makensie.
    What can you expect from a show that's basically a popularity contest voted largely on by middle and high school kids? Check out their audiences each week. Outside the choreographers, parents and some VIPs, it's basically very, very young.

I haven't seen the show yet and probably won't until the weekend, but I can't wait. It sounds wonderful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I thought that Allison choreographed to compensate for Fikshun's weaknesses, not necessarily to highlight her, but I could be wrong. The theme of the dance obviously was very personal to her.
    Allison was an unwed mother and is now going to marry a black man. I cannot begin to fathom the abuse she's suffered among her family's church community.

What I love about Allison is she is unafraid to be who she is. It shows in her dancing and her choreography.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    It was a really good idea for the former contestants to be both AllStars and Choreographers. The only one I would change out choreography wise was Courtney Galliano. I have to think Ellenore Scott could have put something more interesting together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Allison was an unwed mother and is now going to marry a black man. I cannot begin to fathom the abuse she's suffered among her family's church community.

What I love about Allison is she is unafraid to be who she is. It shows in her dancing and her choreography.
    Please don't make such broad statements about "church communities." I don't know if Allison's family's church were that far off the message, but my church and all the churches I am aware of welcome unwed mothers and people of all races including mixed-race couples and families. Sure, there are some church people who are as I said "off message" but please don't lump us all together. It's really offensive. I say this gently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Please don't make such broad statements about "church communities." I don't know if Allison's family's church were that far off the message, but my church and all the churches I am aware of welcome unwed mothers and people of all races including mixed-race couples and families. Sure, there are some church people who are as I said "off message" but please don't lump us all together. It's really offensive. I say this gently.
    I would hope you understood I meant LDS, a church that has a history of being extremely discriminatory toward black people and strongly admonishes premarital sex. I wrote "church community" not church communities, so I was clearly making a specific reference.

Obviously, most churches welcome all races. Still some that will shame an unwed mother, but many are loving and accepting.

vCash
    Mackenzie and Jenna were in the bottom the same amount of times from what I checked. The other girls they sent home weren't as good as Jenna. One might argue the other Jasmine but that's it. I liked Mackenzie a lot and would have wanted a Jenna and Mackenzie final two. Although Amy won me over fully last night. But I actually thought Jenna was better at hip hop then Mackenzie. And I didn't feel that Mackenzie was any better at conveying emotion then Jenna to be honest. But yeah Jenna had to go. But very glad she left on a high note. We will definitely see that dance again at the finale.

As for Tucker, yeah sad to see him go but Fix-shun has done enough to stay IMO even if he may not be the best overall dancer. But I am impressed at how he commits. And pushes himself.

I love Amy and was glad to see her doing something with more depth again. I agree with Mary a lot of her routines were cutesy and they played into her personality. I think she is a great dancer and absolutely deserves to be in the finale. But I also think she was pretty lucky throughout this season with her choreography and dances. I mean she gets Travis Wall as a choreographer and partner. She was brilliant. But still that is some luck there.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Has SYTYCD Season 4 been officially proclaimed as the best season ever??? Cuz it probably has the most All-Stars.

It was my first season that I watched, so I'm not complaining!!!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    I love Amy and was glad to see her doing something with more depth again. I agree with Mary a lot of her routines were cutesy and they played into her personality. I think she is a great dancer and absolutely deserves to be in the finale. But I also think she was pretty lucky throughout this season with her choreography and dances. I mean she gets Travis Wall as a choreographer and partner. She was brilliant. But still that is some luck there.
    aw, you think there is any luck involved in the dance/partner selection? that's sweet
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    aw, you think there is any luck involved in the dance/partner selection? that's sweet

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post
    Has SYTYCD Season 4 been officially proclaimed as the best season ever??? Cuz it probably has the most All-Stars.

It was my first season that I watched, so I'm not complaining!!!
    I would have been happy with any of the last 4 guys in the F2 guys in Season 4. Joshua, Twitch, Mark, Will. That was deep.

vCash
    Lots of good dancing again!

I LOVED that opening number! Great job Mia!

Amy: Favorite of the night. Say what you will about Travis but that sucker knows how to pull some serious gems out of his butt! I thought that program was stunning and definitely my favorite of the night. Amy was amazing and I'm really glad she's showing she can do more than character numbers. She was stunning and I'm positive she will be in the finale.

Jenna: This was neck-and-neck with Amy for being my favorite routine of the night. OMG, Mark's style is freaking awesome! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that!! Totally kooky, crazy and 100% fresh. By far, that's my favorite routine Jenna has done. She was saved way too many times so I knew there was no way they would keep her again but I think it was good of her to go out on a high note. I know Mark is busy with Gaga but they should definitely see about getting him back on the show next season (if it's still around) to do a few numbers. Outstanding choreography!

Jasmine: I got so excited when I saw she was paired with Twitch. I thought their routine was so cute and fun and she nailed it. Good job with the choreo Twitch. He is not easy to keep up with in his own style but Jasmine rocked it. I really do think it's going to be Jasmine and Amy in the finale. I'd be happy with either of them as the winner.

Paul: No way in hell did I think he'd be able to hang with Comfort but Paul was great! I was shocked! He hit the moves hard, he didn't look awkward, he even had a little swag to him. Color me impressed. I loved the routine (great job Comfort! I love her) and I thought both of them were excellent in it.

Aaron: I got really worried when I didn't see him in the opening number (not my baby!!) but I was happy to see him dance. OMG, the story about him losing his friend at the beginning broke my heart! The jive is a tough one but I thought he held his own with Chelsea (my fav female ballroom dancer of the series! Woo Chelsea!). I'm not a technician so I don't know what he did wrong but the whole dance looked good to me. He kept the energy up and sold the performance and that's all I was looking for. Even though he didn't shine as brightly here (probably b/c of the injury) I'd wager dollars to donuts he'll be in the finale. I really think he's going to win but I don't want to jinx it.

Haley: Great job with the rumba and it's always great to see Dimitri back. The program was nice and I liked the concept (especially when she threw the ring at him in the end) but to me this one didn't stand out as much as it needed to. I love Haley and I think she's great but I think she may be heading home next week.

FikShun: I wasn't too surprised to see him in the bottom but against Tucker I knew there was no way he was going home. Like Jenna, Tucker has been in the bottom too many times whereas FikShun had never been in the bottom. I thought the routine was nice and he did a good job. Allison did a really good job of blending their styles together though I admit I was watching her more than I watched him. I think FikShun may be in danger again next week but I'm not sure. It's a little tough to call at this point but I'm really proud of him for making it this far. His solo was awesome BTW...

Tucker: I love Courtney a lot but that was not the best routine. Tucker did a decent job in it but I think he knew his time was up the minute Kat told him to step forward. I'm glad he made it this far and will get to go on tour.

Next week is going to be tough. I'm predicting Amy and Jasmine will be in the finale for the girls, and Aaron and Paul will be in the finale for the boys. Can't wait to see if I'm right!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    FikShun: Like Jenna, Tucker has been in the bottom too many times whereas FikShun had never been in the bottom. I thought the routine was nice and he did a good job. Allison did a really good job of blending their styles together though I admit I was watching her more than I watched him. I think FikShun may be in danger again next week but I'm not sure. It's a little tough to call at this point but I'm really proud of him for making it this far. His solo was awesome BTW...
    Tucker was not in the bottom nearly as many times as Jenna. In fact, the first time he was in the bottom was the week after their second hip hop routine when he wasn't able to rehearse because of his knee. The following week he was automatically in the bottom because he hadn't danced the routine the prior week, although he did do a solo. Viewers were not able to vote for him that week. He was automatically bottom two. Then this week he was bottom two. In fact, he was only in the bottom due to viewer votes twice. Jenna was in the bottom every week but one. I believe six times. That said, I knew they weren't going to get rid of Fikshun. I don't think the banal routine by Courtney helped Tucker, but the decision was probably made before the show began.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I would hope you understood I meant LDS, a church that has a history of being extremely discriminatory toward black people and strongly admonishes premarital sex. I wrote "church community" not church communities, so I was clearly making a specific reference.

Obviously, most churches welcome all races. Still some that will shame an unwed mother, but many are loving and accepting.
    You know I love ya, Pixie Cut. I had no clue you meant LDS....but I just felt compelled to say what I said. Hugs!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Apparently, Lauren Gottlieb is a big dance star in India now.

http://bollyspice.com/64339/lauren-g...-i-ve-ever-had

vCash
    The last 30 seconds of Twitch/Jasmine's routine seemed seriously under-choreographed.

I'd love to see these all-stars rotated back in with a second choreography turn next year. That was really exciting. I wonder how much of their post-SYTYCD success was a direct consequence of the show and their many opportunities to work with some great choreographers, and how much would have happened anyway -- the old nature vs. nurture debate.

I'll be sorry if it doesn't come back next summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    What exactly are you implying. That the judges had picked Amy to win from the start and are making sure her dances and choreo is the best/most likable and popular?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chantilly View Post
    What exactly are you implying. That the judges had picked Amy to win from the start and are making sure her dances and choreo is the best/most likable and popular?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    ?????????

But it seems kinda rude. My post was a legitimate question. I used a bit of hyperbole perhaps. But I did actually want to know if Genevieve was implying that the show was pretty much fixed. I am not sure I believe that though I have heard it before.

vCash
    After watching again, I still feel the same as I did before about the Jasmine Twitch routine in that it wasn't very good. My eyes kept being pulled to Twitch. It was out of sync in several places. Like the poster said above it ending in a whimper and lack of choreo. I love Twitch but I thought it was a weak programme choreographically.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast