Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    So many of the dancers are students of the same studios as former contestants and take workshops or classes with choreographers from the show that I imagine it to be quite cliquey when it comes to the voting. I preferred it when the judges and producers were making the decision for top 20 and then it went to the vote for top 10. It was still infuriating when a favorite went home but you knew why they were going home. Either Nigel didn't think they were cute enough or the voting public was stupid. What annoys me about Makenzie being selected to go home over Jenna is that Makenzie got standing ovations 2 weeks running whereas Jenna was somewhat forgettable both weeks, even when performing in her specialty. Her dance with Neil was better than her Paso Doble with Alex, but in neither performance did I feel she was really connecting to her partner or to the piece. I dunno, that's just my opinion. Makenzie wasn't destined to win so it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, but as we already know the viewing audience isn't voting on the performance given, it would be nice to know that the judges and choreographers ARE. Jenna may just be a lot better at kissing choreographer ass than Makenzie, and at the end of the day it's frustrating to not know what is factoring into their decision making process.
    Last edited by uyeahu; 08-18-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I got a Facebook message from a girlfriend whose daughter danced for years for Denise Wall. Evidently, Travis will not only be a choreographer tonight but a dancer as well. Maybe that's common knowledge, but it's news to me. This friend can not say enough good things about Denise Wall and Travis too, and her daughter grew up in their studio in Virginia Beach. Denise even told her daughter she was too talented at ballet to stay in her studio and she needed to go elsewhere for better ballet training. So the daughter wound up at Central Pennsylvania Youth Ballet for years and is now a Company 2 member at North Carolina Dance Theatre. I think that says so much about Denise-sending a student somewhere else instead of just continuing to take their money. Classy lady! Evidently Travis is just as nice, according to this family. Just thought I'd pass that along. I know we don't always agree about Travis' abilities or his choreo, but it's always nice to hear good things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Evidently, Travis will not only be a choreographer tonight but a dancer as well. Maybe that's common knowledge, but it's news to me.
    All the choreographer/all stars will be dancing with their respective contestants tonight.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh cool! News to me too!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh cool! News to me too!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    CPYB rocks: Marcia Dale Weary and her staff have trained some of the best American dancers out of the barn in Carlisle, PA. Amazingly, CPYB brings out the individual best of each dancers; no cookie-cutter dancers there.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Dmitry's twitter says he is also dancing/choregraphing tonight.

vCash
    Where is everyone? "Crickets"...

Re-registered User
    vCash
    That was the longest commercial break ever, waiting to see what Allison (!, my favourite dancer) will choreograph. Glorious watching her dance. I agree that she is perfect. She is marrying Twitch! Fikshun still seems too young to dance with someone like her though.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i cant type and watch allison! i love her, not crazy about her current shade of hair, but she was amazing.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Just tuning in and just watched the jive. Not of the fan of the DWTS choreo -- so much posing and not much dancing. There's a reason I prefer SYTYCD to DWTS.

vCash
    That was some really clever choreography by Allison! Of course, Allison always captures the eye, so she more than fulfilled the "contemporary" requirement of that contemporary. Making the story about the differences between her style and his allowed for his limitations. Wise move.

Nigel is so...yuck.

ETA: So I see Nigel agrees with me re: the choreography! Hah.

vCash
    Courtney! Haven't seen her in ages!

Hmmm. That choreo was...so bland....

ETA: Did I chase everyone away?

ETA2: OMG, Nigel...stop with the overshare!!! If I want to know about peoples' personal lives, I'd rather hear it from those people themselves!!!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Now Dimitri knows how to do SYTYCD choreography. Jenna's reaction is pretty much the same as mine. I loved the seamlessness of that piece. Nothing felt like a trick- it was engrossing.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    How much hip-hop has Paul done on this show?

Paul is ridiculously talented!!!! Love how he becomes every single character of every dance!!! Sick!!!!!

ETA: Why does Nigel dislike him so much? So easy to give Aaron love, but trying desperately to kick Paul down. You know that just makes the fans vote for Paul even more....

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    look it is my old tv boyfriend mark. hello there, i've missed you.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I must admit, this was the first time I've liked Hayley. And Dmitry did a great job of keeping my eye on her, amazingly enough!

Jenna Elfman "You can call me Mary" -- nicely done, girl. I know what you mean....

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Really enjoying the show tonight. Having all these different choreographers is bringing a fresh feeling to the show. Especially loved Dmitri's and Mark's choreography.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

Re-registered User
    vCash
    My sister called while Mark was dancing. I said "Hello, I'll call you back.", and hung up on her. That was cute with Jenna. It kind of felt like there should have been 20 more of Gaga's dancers in the number though.

vCash
    Mark K!!!! "I'm not a vegetarian when I'm dancing"

Loved this!!!!!! Mark -- when my little pony is done with you, please give me a call....
    Last edited by sap5; 08-21-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast