Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Mr. Walthall is my Artistic Director. He's just.....amazing. I just adore him.

Anyway-saw the show tonight, and I guess the one thing that sticks in my mind is poor Alan's face at the end. He was still crying! Just broke my heart. They seem like a great group of kids who all care about each other.

I guess I liked the Haley/Nico dance best. The hiphop was good, and I liked Paul and MacKenzie. A good show all around. I think Haley is sneaking up! They're all really good, really likeable kids.

vCash
    The dancers that came up through the convention/competition circuit will be trained in everything and have lots of practice in picking up choreography in all types of dance. A typical convention has hip hop, ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary. We've been to ones that had ballroom, fusion and musical theatre. Those dancers will be very versatile. They will be good at all of them. They will have taken lots of ballet plus contempory, modern, jazz and hiphop. Interestingly enough my kid basically only does ballet but still does very well at conventions in everything but hip-hop. He even has tried ballroom at Dance with Me. The instructor there told him to keep doing ballet as he will easily be able to switch to ballroom when he is older. A lot of the instructors there were previous ballet dancers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Very true. I just look the dancers who are probably trained in other styles as well and yet couldn't convincingly pull off a hip hop routine. Jenna, Nico, Malece and Tucker come to mind from this season...
    Indeed. That's why I said "most of the good dancers...." Obviously anyone who makes it on the show is very good, but we can usually see what makes a dancer get into the top 10 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    "Being trained" in something and being naturally adept at it can be two different things. You can take classes and be coached, and if you ain't got it, you ain't got it. of course, we can only speculate whether the cross training had any depth-only the choreographers can know how proficient a dancer is in a different style from their own. I watch ballerinas take hip hop all the time, and it's pretty funny. Seriously, I'm sure there are all levels of experience in being cross-trained, from "taking a course" to "took it for years as a sideline interest" which should produce better results than a simple introduction. You have to get the right moves into the muscle memory, and that takes years and dedication. There are not that many dancers who are good in everything, although we have been graced with a few of these on SYTYCD. Favorites?
    Paul is definitely one of my favs this season -- and i haven't had a favorite in a long time. Others I loved (not a complete list) -- Mark K., Katee, Travis, Danny, Lacey, Allison, Sarah, Jesus, ... oh my gosh, now you have me remembering when this show was awesome.....

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I guess I'm the only person on the planet who thought it looked like Jasmine was marking that hip hop routine
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I guess I'm the only person on the planet who thought it looked like Jasmine was marking that hip hop routine
    I was feeling alone out here in my lack of admiration for her performance. It just seemed too loose and casual to me, as if she were marking it as you said or dancing for fun. I felt Aaron was much better and stronger in his movement. It felt much more like a performance.

Sap5 - Paul has really snuck up on me, as has Hayley. Paul's ability to create intimate moments with his partner during each performance while also really selling it to the audience is outstanding. Hayley is just incredibly capable in every genre. She's been challenged outside her style more than any other contestant I believe and week after week meets the challenge. I can't wait to see how well they do with the All-Stars, though I don't think Paul has really been held back by his partner. This is such a talented group this season that I'm going to be sad to see any of them leave. I'm excited to see them all challenged over the next few weeks.

vCash
    Alex Wong back on stage. Can he just like dance all the routines ? just him ?

vCash
    ^ I second that!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    ^ I second that!!!
    3rd. I love him!

My favorites over the years...Hmm...

Joshua, Katee, Brandon, Will, Melanie, Sasha, Twitch, Marko, Alex, Cyrus, Eliana...

This season my favorites are Aaron, Jasmine and Mackenzie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Hayley is just incredibly capable in every genre. She's been challenged outside her style more than any other contestant I believe and week after week meets the challenge.
    Hayley has danced her style at least once. Paul and Aaron have yet to dance their "official" style. I'm hoping they can call up a tap dancing all-star for a number with Aaron.

vCash
    Alex, Elliana, Twitch, Marko and Melanie have my vote. I would probably add Amy to this list because she's amazing. And whoever didn't win her season but was on step up number 3 or 4 ! Kathryn right ?
    I would probably also add Brandon and Joshua

And how did I forget to add Elleonore ?! I want her back !

vCash
    MarieM, I agree with your whole list.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I agree with the above and I will add Allison Holker, Chelsie Hightower, Janette Manrara, Jeanine Mason -- I liked them in many styles.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    IMHO Alan is a performer more than he is a technical dancer. I like to watch him, but he fakes a lot of what he needs to do by performing so well. Jasmine danced the shit out of that hip hop number, and so for me, he kind of got left in the dust. I like all of the dancers that are left. I'll sit back and watch them entertain me. Glad that those left will make some moolah on tour.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I probably like Amy best, but I like them all too. It is a really good top 10. I can't point to one who should not be in the Top 10. I liked the other Jasmine, but can't point to anyone I'd get rid of to put her in.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I liked the other Jasmine, but can't point to anyone I'd get rid of to put her in.
    I was shocked she went home. I'd have taken her over Malece any day...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I was shocked she went home. I'd have taken her over Malece any day...
    I would take any of the four girls previously eliminated over Malece, especially Jasmine Mason.

There was a video on Fox.com before the season that featured the all stars. I remember Witney, Allison, Twitch, Marko and Alex. Can't recall the others. We'll know next week.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I loved the other Jasmine. I was totally shocked when they got rid of her so fast. I always wonder why obviously gifted dancers are offed so fast, because I don't really believe that it's just the public votes....I know there's so much that goes on behind the scenes. Maybe somebody gets offered a terrific job they can't refuse or a contract with a great company. Maybe the choreographers didn't like her for some reason. Maybe she kept being late to rehearsals or chewed gum in public ()...who knows? But not for a minute do I believe that we will be electing "America's Favorite Dancer." I too love all of the remaining kids. I'd say Paul and Haley are kind of my big 2 at the moment, but they're all lovely kids.

vCash
    I was sure Jasmine Mason would at least make the tour this season. I was shocked they got rid of her instead of Jenna. I think Jenna got lucky by being the last ballroom girl standing. They need to keep a ballroom girl for the tour. If it had been Jenna in the bottom that first show instead of Brittany Cherry we'd probably have Brittany Cherry in the top 10. I also really loved Carlos and felt he was eliminated too soon. I didn't see enough of him to say I'd have preferred him over Nico or Tucker though so I'm not complaining.

My past favorites have included Gev, Mark K., Chelsea H., Alex Wong, Benji, Travis, Chehon, Billy Bell, Caitlynn Lawson, Allison H., Jeanine, Kathryn, Anya, Pasha, & Hok. Looking at the SYTYCD wiki of past seasons, it's been a while since we've had such a competitive and agreeable top 10.
    Last edited by uyeahu; 08-09-2013 at 11:07 AM.

vCash
    The allstars for this week. I think it's pretty certain that Jasmine will be with either Twitch or Neil, but curious who the rest are paired with. Hoping to see Paul and Witney do some latin ballroom. Debbie Allen is guest judge so that should be fun.

The season 10 All-Stars include Brandon Bryant (Season Five), Witney Carson(Season Nine), Comfort Fedoke (Season Four), Marko Germar (Season Eight),Neil Haskell (Season Three), Jakob Karr (Season Six), Kathryn McCormick(Season Six), Melanie Moore (Season Eight), Robert Roldan (Season Seven) and tWitch (Season Four).

vCash
    Jakob ...

At least one of the all-star/contestant routines will be two guys, it looks like, since the list includes 6 guys.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast