Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What the heck is up w/ all the over the top sexy numbers tonight....actually not sexy, but closer to skanky?!? It's over the line IMO, & if they keep making the girls look like well trained exotic dancers I'm just not interested in continuing to watch.

ETA: I totally agree they sent the wrong girl home!!

vCash
    They did send the wrong girl home and I was less than impressed tonight. So busy trying to be sexy they forgot to DANCE. I'm losing interest very quickly this season which is sad since there are some really great dancers this season.

vCash
    Warning: Spoilers ahead.

My rankings:

Amy & Fik-Shun - They win this week. Fik-Shun is such a great performer.
    Jasmine M. & Alan - Rounding out my top 2 again. I sure hope Alan can pick up some voters!
    Makenzie & Paul - They performed the heck out of this and really showed some amazing technical skills in the process. I didn't realize Paul had all that in him.

Jasmine & Aaron - I love Aaron but still warming up to Jasmine.
    Jenna & Tucker - I kind of agreed with Nigel. I kept waiting for the Cha-Cha section. But what they did, they did really well. Team Tuna!
    Hayley & Curtis - Yes, perhaps a little too sexy with the ass grabbing, but they are great dancers and I enjoyed it.
    Mariah & Carlos - Mariah did better than I expected her to, but Carlos easily out danced her and I really don't like this new format of having auff'ed dancers up there being part of the critique because its just so awkward listing to the judges apologetically telling them how sorry they are to see them go when they JUST DECIDED they should be the ones to go. The dancers seemed to feel the same way.
    Alexis & Nico - Much like Mariah and Carlos - Nico just plain out danced Alexis and it was only ok for me.

Britney & Blueprint - How to judge when only one is staying? It's difficult. If I'm going just on Blueprint's performance it was good but not great.
    Malese & Jade - Hot mess, more so from Malese than Jade, but neither one was great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    If only they'd get Cat a new stylist.
    I heard an interview with Cat on Sirius XM's OutQ in which she said that she styles herself for the show.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Booooo to sending Brittany home! Not just because Mariah's hop solo was pretty lame. Brittany far outdanced Mariah last week. Didn't Nigel even call Brittany and her partner a power couple last week? And Mary also went out of her way to commend Brittany after last week's show. What was the point of last week's dance if they weren't going to use it as a major factor in the decision about who went home? They hadn't even danced their choreographed dances yet this week. And they wonder why the show isn't doing well. It's stuff like this.

vCash
    I think it stinks that dancers have to dance right after they are eliminated.

Hayley and Curtis -- Didn't like the dance. Her costume certainly will get her a lot of attention, and I think that is what got her a lot of praise, not the dancing.

Jasmine and Aaron -- This really highlighted Jasmine. Not sure it's going to help Aaron, though his pants were better this week. :-)

Malece and Jade -- IMO, that was one of the weakest Bollywood dances we've seen on this show. Nigel loves how Malece's face looks. What a surprise. She escapes criticism of her dancing.

Alexis and Nico -- No comments from Nigel on his pretty pixie face? I'm fairly sure that's a signficiant reason why he was chosen out of all the contemporary guys. I would not have guessed that she was a tapper.

Brittany and Blueprint-- I didn't love the choreography. I wonder if it was dumbed down for Blueprint. Sad for Brittany. :-(

Carlos and Mariah -- I didn't understand what the judges were raving so much about. I thought it was a fairly average contemporary dance. I think the judges were just trying to justify their decisions.

Amy and Fik-Shun -- Dance of the night. Amy got her freak on.

Jasmine and Alan -- I thought Alan struggled a little bit, but his dance was much more difficult than what most of the guys did.

Mackenzie and Paul -- Yet another sexy dance. They executed it really well, though.

Jenna and Tucker -- I didn't think that was one of the sexier sexy dances. I don't think the problem was just the choreography.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Top 20 dance was typical SYTYCD. Some nice moments, but I felt like I'd seen it before. WadeMiaSonyaTyce it could've been any of their choreography.

Way harsh to eliminate the dancers at the top of the show - but it's better that they had all dancers perform as planned rather than either having to eliminate pairs together, or to let the dancers know days early so that only the dancers moving forward learn new routines. I was shocked by many of the B6. Didn't like the judges saving two right away (and based on last week I'd have saved Brittany over Mackenzie). Mariah's solo was terrible! Jade's was the only one that was actually engaging. I was convinced they were going to make it less awkward all the way around by eliminating Mariah and Carlos together (then having them not perform). I'm shocked at how it went down.

I would love for Christina Applegate to be a permanent rotating judge. She gives better critiques than most of the professional choreographers.

Hayley/Curtis - Ray Creeper choreo
    I just do not like his choreography. At. All. This piece to me wasn't sexy, it was cheap. Like a high school student talent show version of "sexy". The only thing I can say about the dancers is that Hayley has abs of steel - that bouncing suspended backbend was impressive. Fug, but impressive.

Jasmine H/Aaron - NappyTabs
    Much better outfit and out for him! Aaron really got the feel for this piece. Jasmine had great precision and clarity of movement, but I felt no connection from her, either to Aaron or to the audience. But the judges really felt chemistry, again. I really wonder if there's just a disconnect between live and tv with her.

Malece/Jade - Bollywood (Nakul)
    Super crap camera angles made it really hard to see this, and cynical me is convinced it was to hide how bad this was. Both of them had incredibly sloppy hands, but of course they're so cute Nigel thinks it's adorable that they just "offended a bunch of people in Bombay". Let's remember that later in the show, shall we?

Alexis/Nico - Stacey Tookey revisiting previous SYTYCD work
    Generic contemporary piece, nice staging, well done, zzzzzzzzz. Invoking more memorable former contestants this early on isn't a great sign of confidence.

Brittany/Blueprint - Spencer Liffs Broadway
    Dead Woman Dancing I still can't believe she was in the B6 after last week. I liked the idea of this piece, but it never really got going. The timing was hesitant all along. Brittany did a great job, it was a real challenge for Blueprint

Jasmine M/Alan - Miriam Larici(?) Tango
    Loved his presence in the dance. She looked very coltish and unsharp at times, she needed more tension in the legs. That lift at the end - Nigel was raving, but it looked to me like it was supposed to be smooth but he had to pop it up.

Mackenzie/Paul - Sean Cheeseman
    See, this is a sexy dance. Great performance from them both - one small tough spot navigating a split pirouette turn but otherwise golden. First performance where I thought I might vote for someone. In closeup afterward she looked like Leonova in the good ol' days.

Mariah/Carlos
    - Stacy Tookey
    Now I see why they didn't want to scrap this piece - it was sublime. Unfortunately, they backed the wrong horse. Mariah did a very good job (and she kept her mouth closed!), but choreographically this was really a showcase for Carlos, and he came through big time. Fantastic transitions, gorgeous performance. And Nigel gives a crappy "it sucks to be voted off first, but good luck with...whatever it is you'll be doing now"

Amy/FikShun - NappyTabs
    FLOVE!!!!!!!!! Two weeks in a row, these two have the dance of the night. Great piece, absolute fantastic performances from them both. I LOVE THIS TEAM.

Jenna/Tucker - Dmitry Cha Cha
    Jenna totally owned this. Super fantastic. Tucker was good, but he's still doing that thing with his posture where he makes himself look almost the same height as Jenna - which he clearly isn't. It's distracting. Ooooh, Nigel slamming Dmitry for not choreographing a straight up Cha Cha like on DWTS That's...awkward. And mighty convenient...remember how little he talked about that Bollywood routine that played so clearly to the strengths of the dancers??? Grrr.

Loved getting to see "naughty ballerina" Melissa - congrats to her! Considering her rock hard abs, that kid is probably going to come shooting out of there next week
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I thought there were a number of really great routines last night as well as a few duds too.

My top couples of the night:

Jasmine M./Alan: That tango was AWESOME! I absolutely loved it. I love how the intensity continued to build throughout and that toe-push across the stage as well as that final lift were so good. The whole thing was wonderful. I had to stand up in my living room and applaud.

Jasmine H./Aaron: Great routine from both of them. I love Aaron's stage presence and I agree with Mary...I totally "feel" Jasmine when she dances. I loved the choreography (gotta love NappyTabs) and I thought both of them executed it so well and really told the story. Love them.

Amy/Fikshun: I love the two of them and that routine was SO much fun! That was the routine that had me smiling the entire time. Again, NappyTabs...they rarely put together something that I don't like. Excellent performance from the pair of them.

Honorable mentions...

Mackenzie/Paul: I really liked the routine a lot. I did think it was crappy that she was in the bottom 3 but her routine last week was nice but not really memorable. I loved what the two of them did here though. It was fun and entertaining and I think people will have an easier time remembering them this week.

Mariah/Carlos: So sad he's leaving but this Stacey routine was a wonderful send off. Mariah sucked at the jive last week but I thought she was absolutely beautiful in this piece. She has a great emotional range when it comes to contemporary...especially for a hip hop dancer. I'm glad she's staying on the show. I think she does have a lot of room to grow. Carlos is a great dancer and I'm sad to see him go.

Jenna/Tucker: Nice and spicy routine but it didn't really stand out as much to me. Of course Jenna was the focal point of this one and she was great in it. But overall this one didn't grab me like some of the others.

Everybody else...

Alexis/Nico: I thought she did a really good job in terms of she's a tapper doing contemporary. Her lines were nice and I thought she did well...but I don't really "feel" either of them. It was a nice routine but, again, it didn't stand out.

Haley/Curtis: Haley was really sexy and Curtis did a good job too but I'd pretty much forgotten about this routine by the end of the show. Great job again...not really memorable.

Brittany/BluPrint: Sad to see her go but I do agree with keeping Mariah on the show. I feel like Mariah has a lot of room to grow whereas Brittany is already an excellent dancer. I didn't really care for this routine much. Glad BluPrint is still in the show but he is definitely going to have to up his game.

Malece/Jade: There was something missing from this Bollywood routine. IDK what it was but I always feel the energy whenever people dance Bollywood and a lot of that was missing for me here. I actually think Jade did a better job of hitting the choreography than Malece. I still don't care for her...but I'm happy Jade is staying.

Can't wait to find out who is on the chopping block next week...

vCash
    Like many, disagree with the results this week; I thought they sent the wrong boy and girl home. Annoyed at how they kept saying to Carlos, "America got this one wrong" when the save clearly was in the judges' (or producers') hands.

Thought the dances today were mixed, but most were way overpraised. The Bollywood looked amateurish and sloppy to me, partly because of the bulky costumes, and Jasmine was awkward and slow in the Tango. Love Jenna, wish she had been acknowledged more.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    who was in B6?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    who was in B6?
    Carlos, Alan and Jade. Judges saved Alan and didn't make him dance for his life. Carlos was cut.
    Brittany, Mariah and Makenzie. Judges saved Makenzie and didn't make her dance a solo. Brittany was out for some unfathomable reason other than the producers want a female krumper although if that solo was an indication of Mariah's krumping, she needs to hang out in the 'hood a bit more.

I think Malece and Jade's Bollywood was beyond awful, mostly because of her. He at least tried. She was just flailing around oblivious to the style and character of the dance. She was clueless and hopeless. I cannot comprehend how and why anyone would vote for her.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    In addition to the camera angles, I think Malece's costume was chosen to hide a lot of her dancing. People expected Jade to struggle with this style, but contemporary dancers have historically picked it up much better than she did.

kwanatic, thanks for the thought about Brittany already being a great dancer and Mariah having room to grow. I'm still annoyed that Brittany left, but I agree with you.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    When they explained about how the eliminations would work, I was thinking that if it were me, I would either be so upset (or ticked off) that I would not give a crap how I danced in my dance, since I got eliminated anyway (but I'm bitter that way ). But then I remembered that these kids likely want careers in the dance world, they may cross paths with these choreographers, etc., again, and they can actually get work out of this show, so they will probably do their best dance ever. But its still kind of sucky how they have to handle it with no separate elimination show.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    ITA re all the comments on the Bollywood. Weakest one I've seen on the show especially her.

Poor Alexis, hard enuf to pull contemporary, but part II of Kathryn's dance?

I didn't like Brittany Blueprints piece, but she never should have been eliminated. Blueprint mailed it in.

Wow I love Amy, Jasmine M., Mackenzie, Jenna, and I like Jasmine H. Strong girls.

Fikshun continues to shine. Amy rocked. Great piece for them.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Watched it. I have to say nobody stands out for me as a super-wow like last year and some years before. There are a lot of very nice and likeable dancers. I think the only ones who really strike me as weak and shouldn't even be on the show are Malece and Mariah. Mariah might have emoted nicely, but so do good actors, singers, etc. It's called dancing, and she was a sack of potatoes out there. That choreography was so dumbed-down for her that it looked like bad competition material. Poor girl-she looked like she was crying the whole show. I guess Nigel is determined to have a hip-hop female because we haven't had one in so long.

The Bollywood was so bad it looked like an aerobics routine with costumes. I don't think I've seen so much flailing around since I watched my grandson try to swim in the deep end of the pool. Bad bad bad. Poor Jade! It was funny to hear all three judges trying to say nice things about the routine...like Mary complimenting Malece's costume. Damning with faint praise indeed!

But that said, all the other routines were, to me, either nice, fun, or pretty good. Nothing wowed me. I was all excited to see Fic Shun and Amy again because I do think they're top 4 material (at least charisma wise for him) but although it was cute, it wasn't quite up to last week's.

I agree with Rob about her favorite girls-me too. Really bummed about Carlos and Brittany. They're better than or on par with many of those still left. I want to like Blueprint, but he's fading on me.

Maybe I need some chocolate.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I just ate chocolate. It helps with everything.

My B4 are Malece, Alexis, Blueprint, Jade. Then Mariah and not sure which other guy.

vCash
    Saw over on Television Without Pity that Jade got injured and had to withdraw. Poor guy! Hope he recovers soon. Maybe they won't eliminate a guy this week. Who will Malece dance with? An All-Star? Maybe an all-star can bring something better out in her or make her look even worse by comparison. Guess we'll see!

vCash
    Can they bring back Carlos ?!

vCash
    I wish! I loved Carlos.

vCash
    Carlos should never have been eliminated. He should be brought back.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast