Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Re-registered User
    vCash
    Jasmine and Twitch were as good a match as I though they'd be. She's going to get a ton of work from this show.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    How much hip hop has Jasmine done on this show?

No way she's not going into the finale.

vCash
    Having the all stars choreograph is the one of the best ideas this show has had in a long time.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    This season has built so beautifully. Somehow it seems that each week tops the previous one.

Amy is quite a dancer now that she's freed from Fikshun's limitations.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Liberal Furry
    vCash
    Okay, that was exquisite.
    I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.
    (Edna St Vincent Millay)

vCash
    Absolutely exquisite. Best dance of the whole season. Amy and Travis - LOVE!!

vCash
    WHAT - are they insane!! Tucker and Jenna!! I thought both should be in the finale --- so much better overall dancers than Fikshun and Hailey. WOW!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    WHAT - are they insane!! Tucker and Jenna!! I thought both should be in the finale --- so much better overall dancers than Fikshun and Hailey. WOW!!!!!!
    Jenna has been in the bottom so much that if she didn't go tonight, there'd probably be a riot. There's no way they'd pick Tucker over Fikshun, so I'm not surprised.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    I agree, but I knew there was no way Fikshun and Hailey were going home. I LOVED Mark's number for Jenna; however, so I'm really glad she got to stay this week.
    Last edited by Allen; 08-21-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    My fav routine of the night is Hailey and Dmitry. Surprising because I haven't liked Hailey all season.

vCash
    Prior to this season, I was totally fine with the thought that this was the final season for So You Think You Can Dance. Now, I'd be totally bummed if the show isn't back in 2014. Nice comeback. Despite Nigel's unceasing perviness and Mary's tears and some questionable guest judges, this has been a really outstanding season. Still cannot predict who'll win. Hope there will be a season 11.

vCash
    I was hoping to see Christopher Scott dance but I guess he's not an All-Star so that would have been stupid. (AND FANTASTIC). Great show but you could really tell the more experienced choreographers from the mostly dancers. Courtney's choreography had it's moments but lacked in the transitions and never really seemed to take off. It was all stop start stop start and missed opportunities. Mark was brilliant - he's always brilliant. When I think of the hard time Nigel gave him during season 4 it makes me LOL to see him kissing his ass now. Travis and Dmitry really gave their dancers something special to work with. Poor Hayley though - she's done so much more ballroom than any of the other girls I think, but she's really, really great at it. I'd love to see she and Paul dance together in the finale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Just tuning in and just watched the jive. Not of the fan of the DWTS choreo -- so much posing and not much dancing. There's a reason I prefer SYTYCD to DWTS.
    Aaron has a shoulder injury. It's from doing lifts that he's not used to doing. He had weakness and pain (he finds out the result of his mri tomorrow.). They worry there is a rotator cuff tear. He was given the option to withdraw. This was posted at his facebook though it was deleted once he decided to dance through the pain. You can find it still posted on other sites though. I think they took some big tricks out last minute. I still think, other than Benji&Tiffany's last season, this is the best Jive in a while.

I hate the way the show treats Allison and Travis. Well the all stars in general but especially those two >.< Love Mark. Loved the routine. Nigel might have been murdered if Jenna and Tucker didn't go home this week.

I actually enjoyed every dance this week for the first time all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    My fav routine of the night is Hailey and Dmitry. Surprising because I haven't liked Hailey all season.
    It was my favorite as well. Then Mark's because I adore him.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    wow, wotta night. This season is really kicking ass.

I was skeptical about Jenna Elfman, but she's got real chops, and despite a lukewarm beginning, she gave some great critiques and even better one-liners. Jenna, Christina Applegate, & Jesse Tyler Ferguson for S11 judging panel!!

I liked the group piece, but the dark lighting, dark costumes, and crap camera work made it hard to see. I actually thought it might have been the all-stars dancing. There were only 7 dancers, and I was highly surprised there was no mention - it must have been Aaron missing, for the reason mentioned above.

Solos: FikShun's was great, Tucker's was nice but a little rushed, Haley's wasa typical blah contempo tricks, and zOMG was Jenna CHEWING GUM during hers?

Aaron/Chelsea - Jive
    There was something really off about this. Some very nice moments, and then it would kind of fall apart. Camera work was hiding his foot action, which always makes me think there's something to hide. What was shocking was the lack of connection, which is usually Aaron's specialty. The injury really affected his performance - lucky for Aaron tat he's all but guaranteed a spot in the finale.

FikShun/Allison - Contemporary
    I love Allison but wish she'd go back to her gorgeous brown and naturally curly hair. Loved the way she talked about building this piece, and it started strong, but the choreography really highlighted her too much - no excuse for that on this show when there's a competitor and an all-star dancing. FikShun did a very good job with what he was given. Liked that risky lift where he picked her up by her heel - but again, that was more about her than him. Did the lanterns even get used?

Tucker/Courtney Galliano - Contemporary
    Ugh, Tucker is so going home. This was college-level choreography. I can't even say how his dancing was, because there was nothing worth watching. (((Tucker)))

Paul/Comfort - Hip Hop
    Wow - I would not have guessed this, but Comfort is a very good choreographer. She created a piece that highlighted Paul's strengths, challenged him far outside his own style, but didn't dumb down the movement to dilute the style. I liked that better than at least half of NappyTabs' work on this show. Go Paul! And go Comfort!

Hayley/Dmitri - Rumba
    HOTTT.

Hayley is such a cypher. The two dances where she has really stood out to me are the Tango and this Rumba. Perhaps this contemporary dancer should look into ballroom, because she really shines there. WOW. Jenna Elfman and her "you can call me Mary" wins the comment of the night. Especially because she one-upped Nigel's joke

Jenna/Mark - Jazz
    Mark!!! ooo he can call me Mary if he wants!!!

This was phenomenal. The choreography was fcuking great, the two of them worked perfectly together, Jenna was excellent, and there was no hiding for her in this piece. Nigel admitted that he gets lots of hate mail for keeping her, so she's going, but she kicked ass tonight.

Jasmine/Twitch - Hip Hop
    That was hands down the best Jasmine has done on this show. I was pretty harsh on her performance last week, and she's my least favorite of the remaining women, but this was excellent. The unison? Perfect. The acting? Spot on. Is this the first piece she's had with real levity in it? It really suits her.

Amy/Travis - Contemporary
    I love the character pieces Amy's done on this show, but this proved that she can do mature, technical modern dance just as well as legend all stars like Kathryn and Allison. Hell yes!

If there was fairness in the eliminations, both Jenna and Hayley would stay and FikShun and Tucker would have been eliminated together. All of the women killed it tonight KILT. IT.

I'm actually stoked for next week. Interesting that we've got no contemporary man for the finale, but (predictably) all the women left are contemporary dancers.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I didn't care for the obvious disdain for Jenna as the show closed. Not one hug from the current cast. Chelsea did notice and stayed with her, but I can't help thinking that the show is just high school on steroids. Lets punish Jenna for lasting longer than Makensie.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Can we have the finale be Aaron, Paul, Fikshun and Jasmine?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    ITA with everything genevieve said.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I didn't care for the obvious disdain for Jenna as the show closed. Not one hug from the current cast. Chelsea did notice and stayed with her, but I can't help thinking that the show is just high school on steroids. Lets punish Jenna for lasting longer than Makensie.
    First of all, seeing as how they're both ballroom dancers from Utah and Jenna has older sisters, I'd guess Chelsie and Jenna know each other.

Second, I didn't really see disdain. It's an awkward situation as it is. Cameras rolling, etc.

Third, if there was disdain, it was about more than just Makenzie. Jenna was saved by the judges/choreographers/producers/et al over and over and over. There was only one week where she wasn't in the bottom, yet she made it all the way to the top eight. I do think she's a good dancer, but when so many others went out earlier, the other contestants may just be over her.

vCash
    I love Mark. I'm so glad they finally brought him back. Nigel was never much of a fan of Mark's when Mark was a contestant. But, maybe because of Mark's success with GaGa, Nigel was very complimentary last night. I would love it if Mark was allowed to choreograph a couple more times this season.

I'm glad that Courtney is doing better, but I don't think she has much of a future as a choreographer.

I think they'll be pushing Fikshun as long as possible. I'm hoping that it's Paul who wins, along with Amy. I thought Amy did a great job with Travis last night and has done so well over the course of the competition. That hip-hop Paul did with Comfort was smooth, but really worked. I thought that Allison choreographed to compensate for Fikshun's weaknesses, not necessarily to highlight her, but I could be wrong. The theme of the dance obviously was very personal to her.

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast