Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    I started skating in 1986, and vaguely recall watching the '88 Olympics, but I didn't really start to get obsessed until I discovered Elvis Stojko around 1992 or '93. I don't follow singles/pairs/dance nearly as closely as I used to in the 90s and early 2000s, but I make a point to watch Canadians, Skate Canada, Worlds, and the Olympics, and am heavily involved with synchro.

vCash
    It was the 1995 Rock ‘N Roll pro competition on TV with Oksana Baiul and Victor Petrenko. Knew about ice skating in terms of kids going in circles around a pond but had never seen actual figure skating performances before. OMG the jumps and spins and zooming across the ice and costumes and music! Completely obsessed ever since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I remember watching Dorothy's TV specials and even saw her live in Ice Capades. But it was watching Linda Fratianne competing at Lake Placid that really got me hooked to figure skating. I must say though that when I watch old videos of Linda now, I just don't see what was so special about her skating back then.
    I feel that way about Katarina Witt (and the Beatles!).
    I guess you just had to be there at the time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456