Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I find the continual assertion of that very statement 'your right as an American' interesting as it somehow suggests that the right to gun ownership is intrinsic to American society in particular.
    No, but it is intrinsic in our Constitution and shootings in the US are what we're discussing..
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    No, but it is intrinsic in our Constitution and shootings in the US are what we're discussing..
    But isn't also intrinsic in the Constitutions of other democracies? I think I have the right to own a gun as a Canadian.

And isn't the constant defense of that Constitutional right becoming problematic in light of gun violence in the US? It seems me that this right is constantly being foregrounded in a manner that makes its consequences less important.

I don't want to take anyone's right to bear arms away. But the problems of gun violence in the US are horrific and tragic. In light of that, the constant rights argument becomes very tiresome.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    But isn't also intrinsic in the Constitutions of other democracies? I think I have the right to own a gun as a Canadian.
    It may well be but we are discussing the US or at least an incident of shooting that happened here.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12