vCash

2015 Skate Canada – Lethbridge?

Lethbridge Putting In Bid To Host Skate Canada International 2015

Bids are being submitted this week and the host city will be named in September.
    Any rumours as to who else is bidding?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    WHATTTTT. I nearly died when seeing this thread.. I live in Lethbridge and nothing ever happens somewhere small like here haha. That would be so exciting!!

vCash
    Does that mean there is already a city for 2014?

If Boston gets Worlds, I'll probably won't go to Lethbridge, although I want to visit one time.

vCash
    The link says that the event is in February 2015. They may want to confirm some of the details of their bid...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emilieh View Post
    The link says that the event is in February 2015. They may want to confirm some of the details of their bid...
    Yes, or the reporter needs to check his/her notes! I thought that was strange.

vCash
    Here's another article: Skate club hopes to bid for event

About 60 world-class skaters from a dozen nations would be expected, officials say. The Skate Canada competition is one of six Grand Prix events sanctioned by the International Skating Union.
    I was wondering about 2014 too, since the location for 2015 is supposed to be announced in September (?).
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Where would it be, the ENMAX Centre? I was just in Lethbridge for the Canada Wide Science Fair, and that's where our award ceremonies were held. It was smaller than the Hershey Centre in mississauga ETA: just saw that the article said enmax centre

Store owners were saying that the Canada Wide Science Fair was the biggest thing Lethbridge had hosted in a while. Travel would be a pain, as the Calgary airport is a 2.5 to 3 hour bus ride from lethbridge
    Last edited by NarumiAyane; 06-02-2013 at 01:10 AM. Reason: article says ENMAX centre

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    WHATTTTT. I nearly died when seeing this thread.. I live in Lethbridge and nothing ever happens somewhere small like here haha. That would be so exciting!!

Lethbridge hosted the event 23 years ago I had to look at my sweatshirt (one of my all-time favorite skating-themed pieces of clothing) to confirm this. Mark Mitchell ("On The Waterfront") duked it out with Kurt Browning in the men's event, I recall at least that much
    And Holly Cook was in the ladies' mix as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    How many spare bedrooms and couches do you have?