vCash

Organic Fruit recall -sold nationwide

The fruit was sold in Walmart, Trader Joes, Costo, Wagman's and Giant Supermarkets nationwide as recently as this past weekend and were cold under the Orchard Perfect brand. Included in the recall are plums, peaches, nectarines. Fruit may be contaminated with Listeria although no illnesses have been reported.

Plums. PLU 4040
    Peaches. PLU 94044, 4404, 4438, 4401,
    Nectarines. PLU 4378, 4036, 3035

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Ssssooooo if you had some of those peaches and already ate 'em .... and you ain't dead yet ... I guess you are okay? It affected Kroger also and I actually got a phone message about it. I guess they can track the purchase thru your Kroger Customer Card (kinda Big Brother-ish, but I get coupons for everything I buy regularly so its okay by me). I bought the peaches but my mom already ate them. She did have a 1-2 day period where she wasn't feeling well and kinda sick to her stomach in early July and she's still here, so I wonder if it was the peaches.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 07-23-2014 at 04:42 AM.

vCash
    Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't properly washing the fruit before eating take care of the listeria? Or am I mistaken?

not that you want to eat something you know is contaminated, but it should be good practice to wash anything you eat raw?
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

vCash
    Organic produce has PLU #'s that start with a 9. The 4-digit PLUs that begin w/a 4 are conventionally grown. The fruit being recalled is not organic.

vCash
    I actually get most of my produce, mostly organic, from a delivery service. I got an email from them yesterday about the recall and that they do get some of their fruit from the customer in question, so they were advising me to get rid of it and they were giving me a credit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy25 View Post
    Organic produce has PLU #'s that start with a 9. The 4-digit PLUs that begin w/a 4 are conventionally grown. The fruit being recalled is not organic.
    There is no requirement for codes to be used consistently, so that is only true sometimes. If you want organic produce, you should look for an organic label not a number on the PLU.

vCash
    My youngest DD is getting married in two weeks. Her name begins with an A and so does her fiancé's. To be cute, ha ha, the hotel gift bag is going to include things like Advil, Almonds and Apples. We are purchasing our Apples from our local Wegman's, and they are from South America. Did anyone read anything about Apples or South American fruit?