vCash

Does this sound right?

As I had posted earlier, my health insurance is deducted from my salary every paycheck. I am paid by the hour and only for the hours that I work. I am having surgery next week and will be out of work for three weeks, missing two paychecks. Obviously I cannot be without my health insurance while I am out so my boss told me that I had to give her the money for the premium that would normally had been deducted from my paycheck if I was working. It sounds right to me so I am planning to give her the money next week before my surgery. One of my co workers thinks my boss may be trying to cheat me so I am asking, does it sound right what I am doing?

vCash
    I'd advise you to get a receipt. Tell her you need it "just in case someone questions your coverage." If she's on the up and up, she won't mind giving you a receipt.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Could you call your insurance company and ask? That sounds very strange; but I've never been in that type of situation.

vCash
    It was standard procedure for the company I worked for years ago. At 2 different times, I was on medical leave and could retain my insurance coverage if I paid the premiums. Since I had run out of paid time off benefits, I had to pay by check. I would make sure that you got verification from her that the payment was made, since it seems to be a small business?

But like others, I would verify with the insurance company, if you have a contact

vCash

Does this sound right?

Thank you for your replies.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Been in HR for 17 years. That's standard procedure for an unpaid loa. Now if you had vacation or pro to cover the 3 weeks, it would be deducted from that.