Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Did anyone watch Crisis? OMG how freaking ridiculous was that! So they snatch a bunch of rich kids, mail their parents cell phones and tell them to do things like change government satellite positions and walk into buildings with bombs strapped to themselves (in previews) and NONE of these extremely rich, highly connected people are going to tell the FBI and they are just going to like ..... do whatever mystery voice on mysteriously mailed cell phone tells them to do?? uhm .... yea right.

sadly I'll probably still watch since I veg at 10p on Sunday's and its just so ridiculously stupid it will be fun to watch and laugh at.
    I did watch it and sort of liked the first episode. However, when I realized this story is going to go on and on with each parent or child having a story of their own........?? How boring. I don't think I will be back.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday March 18/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ts-low/245955/

vCash
    I liked Ressurrection and will try to keep watching for the next six episodes somehow. I'm curious as to how they'll explain all these people returning, and I want to find out what the heck is wrong with the whole twisted town.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) announced today that it is not renewing Arctic Air or Cracked. Earlier they announced the end of talk show George Stroumboulopoulos but that came along with the announcement that George will be the new host of Hockey Night in Canada starting next fall so I didn't realize it was also a budget-cut decision, at least in part.

I am sad. I guess they can't just put them on hiatus like they did with the reality show Battle of the Blades because of they would possibly have a hard time getting them all back together again, but I loved these shows. Cracked made me see people with mental health issues differently, really made me think about my attitudes. Arctic Air had such breathtaking scenery, and the actors were pretty easy on the eye too. Adam Beach is one of my all-time favourite actors. I thought that is really showed off Canada's north, just like Republic of Doyle makes me want to go visit coulourful Newfoundland.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    ^ I really, really wanted to like Arctic Air ... but just couldn't. Adam Beach is great but so many of the rest of the cast (at least in the episodes I saw) were painfully bad. But most of all it was the formulaic plots that got to me: some kind of disaster with a last-second rescue by plane, every single time. After the first few it just got laughable. That being said, I am sorry for those involved that it got cancelled -- it was a uniquely Canadian show. I'd rather they scaled it back to a few episodes a year (like so many British series), and spend the time developing quality over quantity.

I enjoyed Cracked when I saw it but it strained credulity too much. Plus they kept bumping it around the schedule, and lost me more than once.

But I'm heartbroken about Strombo. I know he's a huge hockey fan so obviously the move to HNiC is something he wanted ... but I see it a colossal waste of his interviewing talents. Plus he always had such an amazing lineup of guests.

vCash
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/19/nb...-three-series/

NBC renews 'Grimm,' plus 2 more dramas
    By Stephanie Robbins on Mar 19, 2014 at 8:09PM

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Wednesday March 19/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...t-lows/246162/

vCash
    I see Psych is ending after a long run. The show jumped the shark for me a while ago - the repartee was getting too strained - trying too hard for laughs.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters of Sex' Season Two to Premiere Sunday, July 13 on Showtime: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

FX Orders 13 Episodes of 'The Comedians' Starring Billy Crystal & Josh Gad: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

vCash
    I decided to give The 100 a go, even though I didn't have a lot of faith that anything on the CW would be of interest to someone of my demographic. But it's futuristic and dystopian, so I have to at least try. Even low expectations didn't prepare me for how bad it was. I can look past the "holy exposition, Batman" opening, as that's not likely to be repeated, but does anyone who actually lived through high school have the slightest bit of interest in who's in the cool kid group?

Wow. So much bad.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I was pleasantly surprised by The 100. All of the recent shows on the CW have interesting premises, but the characters were all just too stupid for me to care about the show. But the 100 has so many interesting storylines. Even the stupid young jocks are being led by a supposed dumb jock....who seems to have ulterior motives. Like he's using their dumb jock-edness against them. Or will... Plus the nuked out wildlife, the humanoids, the drama of the adults on the ship, plus the possibility of the adults joining their youth back on earth. So many places for this show to go. Hoping the writing will remain as good, if not improve over time.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Thursday March 20/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ts-low/246533/

vCash
    Next week's Grimm is going to be fantabulous!!! Make that next two weeks.
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-22-2014 at 05:34 AM.

vCash
    So it's a month til John Oliver's new show, Last Week Tonight, begins on HBO. (And I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to watch it when I don't get that channel ...) The parody ads are pretty darned funny.

(given the political nature of these ads my apologies if they really belong in Politically Correct ... )

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Friday March 21/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...steady/246847/

vCash
    I hope Blue Bloods makes the two brothers (Jamie & Danny) partners soon. I think it would be cool. To besides I don't think there has been a crime fighting pair of brothers since Simon and Simon waaay back in 1981.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    So it's a month til John Oliver's new show, Last Week Tonight, begins on HBO. (And I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to watch it when I don't get that channel ...) The parody ads are pretty darned funny.

(given the political nature of these ads my apologies if they really belong in Politically Correct ... )
    What is the premise of the show?

vCash
    ^ Details are sketchy but as far as I can tell it's a humorous/satirical look at the week in current events. Sort of like a weekly version of the Daily Show -- without bleeping out the 4-letter words.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for for Sunday March 23/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-rises/247204/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Monday March 24/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...at-low/247783/

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast