Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I thought Resurrection was really fantastic ...
    I thought it was okay. What they did was generally well done in terms of acting and the look, but the pacing was sooo sloooow. Considering how "mysterious" the content is it was surprisingly lacking in suspense. I guess part of it was knowing in advance that there were going to be more "reveals" (more resurrected people showing up), so when the doctor and her friend were talking about the friend's father being dead, you pretty much knew where it was going.

I try not to judge a show on just one episode so I'll definitely tune in again next week, but I can't say I was overwhelmed.

Looking forward to Believe tonight. With Abrams + Cuarón, you know they're going to put on a show.

vCash
    delete
    Last edited by Artemis@BC; 03-10-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: double post

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    If anyone liked "Resurrection", you might also like "The Returned"(Les Revenants the French version) that was on The Sundance Channel last fall. It's now on Netflix and has 8 episodes.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I thought Resurrection was really fantastic...
    I really liked it too. I have no idea what is going on! One thing that I liked is that they made the boy look a bit strange a few times...but not too strange. So I have no idea what to think. It's keeping me on my toes!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Liked Resurrection too. I hope they keep the story moving forward about how these people are coming back, and not just keep adding more people. I liked that the preacher man was Jacob's best friend when they were kids. Throws an interesting angle into what to believe for him.

And I LOVED Believe!! All of a sudden I just started tearing up when Bo was talking to the doctor's father and didn't even realize it. I love it when story-telling does that. But dude .... go back and get that bag of money!! Hey, they won't be lookin' for you there anymore .... go gets da money!! But on a side note .... was he really going to take the money and run with it? Was that the implication of him throwing it out the window?

These will both stay on my watch list. Thank goodness for 3 VCR's and On Demand channels to playback shows!

vCash
    I enjoyed Believe too. A lot of action but I also enjoyed the sentimental bits too. The only annoying person was the female British assassin. Also, it seemed weird that the doctor never seems to have known that his very own hospital was terrorized that day by a crazy gunwoman.

It also featured a very good montage of what is to be expected for the rest of the season. That the dad ends up getting rid of his long locks pretty much guarantees a season's pass.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I thought Believe was awful. Some of the worst writing on television (well, other than all the teen shows on the CW...) I find it so annoying to see so many adult characters acting like pissy ninth-graders. And do we even know who these people are who are looking out for this girl? If she's so special, why are only three people assigned to her care? (And only ONE of them full-time?) And if she has all these powers, why does she allow those who are protecting her to be beaten up and shot? And the acting of the doctor in this episode...his monotone voice and super-bland characterization. Just awful! Just like this show!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Hater.

Clueless American
    vCash
    I found Resurrection too slow... I lost interest but Believe kept me watching... for now.

vCash
    My goodness I am bored to tears of Blacklist. I recorded the series and decided not to start watching it until the second half was being broadcast. I think i'm at around the 7th episode and not only is it ridiculously implausible, for something that is meant to be fast paced and action packed it's what I used to say about the Buffy Series - Monster of the week episodes. The episode I just watched should have been all storyline, and it is was a really boring bad guy they were chasing and the significant plot line was almost a footnote to the boring episode. I'm not sure i'm going to have the will to see this through to the end. James Spader is wasted on this crap.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Monday March 10/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...to-low/243689/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    CBS Announces Premiere Dates for 'Under the Dome', 'Reckless', 'Unforgettable', 'Extant' & 'Big Brother': http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Reckless sounds fun:

RECKLESS is set in Charleston, S.C., where a gorgeous Yankee litigator and a charming southern attorney must hide their intense mutual attraction as a police sex scandal threatens to tear the city apart.

RECKLESS stars Anna Wood, Cam Gigandet, Shawn Hatosy, Adam Rodriguez, Georgina Haig, Kim Wayans, Gregory Harrison and Michael Gladis. Dana Stevens, Kim Moses, Ian Sanders, Corey Miller and Catherine Hardwicke are executive producers for CBS Television Studios.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I thought Believe was awful. Some of the worst writing on television (well, other than all the teen shows on the CW...) I find it so annoying to see so many adult characters acting like pissy ninth-graders. And do we even know who these people are who are looking out for this girl? If she's so special, why are only three people assigned to her care? (And only ONE of them full-time?) And if she has all these powers, why does she allow those who are protecting her to be beaten up and shot? And the acting of the doctor in this episode...his monotone voice and super-bland characterization. Just awful! Just like this show!
    A lot of those issues will no doubt be explained over time, which is typical of this kind of series. And there are more than 3 people in Winter's group: there were others inside the prison, 2 other guys in the van, and who knows how many others in the network we haven't seen yet.

Her abilities were I think explained as being unformed and somewhat uncontrollable -- there wouldn't be much of a story if she was omnipotent.

I'll give you the doctor though, he was pretty bad. I also didn't find his change of heart based on something Bo said while holding his father's hand to be even remotely believable (or heart-string tugging).

I liked this show enough to give it another episode at least -- and it definitely held my attention more than Resurrection did. But I found that there were too many clichés for my liking: Tate the unwilling protector, super-sekret societies and über-rich power-hungry dude with world-domination aspirations, etc.

I liked Bo a lot: her straightforwardness, and especially that her prime motivation is helping people.

And I'm wondering if they're giving any royalties to Stephen King for this -- there were a lot of similarities with Firestarter.
    Last edited by Artemis@BC; 03-11-2014 at 07:06 PM.

vCash
    I want to love SHEILD so bad but as of right now I am not sure I do. The last episode was boring and the team seems to be fighting SHEILD as much as any bad guy and SHEILD does not seem to notice much.

vCash
    Twitter:

Big Bang Theory Site ‏@tbbtsite 7m
    Breaking: CBS renews The Big Bang Theory for three seasons - via @Variety http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cbs-...ry-1201129964/ … #bigbangtheory

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday March 11/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...to-low/244089/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Wednesday March 12/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ew-low/244361/

vCash
    I liked "Ressurection" even if it left me feeling "Lost"-like confusion. I can't believe I forgot about "Believe" though.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Aargh, I just noticed that Believe's regular timeslot is now Sunday at 9. Seriously, networks, stop loading up Sundays!

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast