Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Monday January 06/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-down/227111/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Any news on season 2 of Hemlock Grove?
    No dates announced yet for Hemlock Grove or Orange is the New Black. Only sometime in 2014. I'm sure there will be an announcement soon though.

I really like Hemlock Grove and OITNB. House of Cards just isn't my kind of show. Maybe I'll give it a second look though.

I'm really looking forward to Netflix 4 new Marvel series too.

vCash
    Justified starts tonight! Can't wait to see Raylan , Tim, Boyd and the rest!

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    "Intelligence" has a very cushy spot on Tuesdays between "NCIS" and "Person of Interest".
    I think that was just for this week. I'm pretty sure it moves to Monday's at 10p next week, up against The Black List and Castle.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday January 07/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ads-up/227557/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Some notable cable shows news:

"Downton Abbey" season 4 premiere delivers 10.2 mil viewers: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...iewers/226882/

Monday's 'Teen Wolf' Winter Premiere Was the Most Watched Telecast in Series History: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Stevie Nicks on "American Horror Story:Coven" tonight: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...frightens.html

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    I think that was just for this week. I'm pretty sure it moves to Monday's at 10p next week, up against The Black List and Castle.
    Thanks... didn't know that!!

Not sure about anyone else, but I wasn't really impressed with the "Intelligence" premiere like i thought I'd be. I'll give it a few weeks though.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I found Intelligence kind of meh too -- but then I wasn't really anticipating much. It did get better by the end, though. At first I thought both the Megan Ory and Marg Helgenberger characters were unbelievably two-dimensional: the stock women-federal-agent characters, tough and emotionless to make it in a man's world. Ory got somewhat more developed as the episode went along, but Helgenberger didn't. But the whole mismatched buddy cop dynamic is just so over-done, I don't see this one adding much to the genre.

And the ending was eye-rolling:

Spoiler

I'll give it one more week, but if it doesn't get better I'm out.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I enjoyed it, but then again I like the Bourne movies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    And the ending was eye-rolling.
    Close to literally being so...

I wasn't impressed. It just felt too much like a mish-mash of things we've seen before. Chuck, 24, PoI, and etc. Sometimes a show can overcome that, but in this case I don't think so.

vCash
    Intelligence felt a little too video-gamey for my taste. Which I guess will appeal to the video-game crowd.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I skipped Intelligence to watch The Poisoner's Handbook on PBS; will try to catch pilot repeat on Friday...but it sounds like it's not my thing....may give it a couple of episodes.

vCash
    Not sure about Intelligence. Didn't really like Gabriel, the supposed hero. I"ll give it some time.

vCash
    I didn't last past the first 10 minutes of Intelligence. I did watch all of The Tunnel however (on FX Canada). I loved the original Danish/Swedish version of this show The Bridge and to a lesser extent the US version - I think I'm going to like this one as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    I skipped Intelligence to watch The Poisoner's Handbook on PBS; will try to catch pilot repeat on Friday...but it sounds like it's not my thing....may give it a couple of episodes.
    I'm so mad that I forgot The Poisoner's Handbook was on last night. I read the book a few years back and really enjoyed it. Thank goodness for the internets.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Wednesday January 08/2014:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-down/227816/

vCash
    I watched Intelligence and was not very impressed. The whole missing wife thingy is so formulaic it just had me rolling my eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    I didn't last past the first 10 minutes of Intelligence. I did watch all of The Tunnel however (on FX Canada). I loved the original Danish/Swedish version of this show The Bridge and to a lesser extent the US version - I think I'm going to like this one as well.
    I guess I am the only one who enjoyed Intelligence. Typically pilot shows are far from the best because so much set up is necessary so I am hopeful it will be better yet. Thanks for the tip on The Tunnel. I hadn't noticed this show and I see there will be repeats of the first episode next week along with the second installment so it's not too late to try it out from the beginning. The Bridge didn't really appeal to me though so not sure it will become one of my got-to-watch shows, like Justified and The Americans.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I watched Intelligence and was not very impressed. The whole missing wife thingy is so formulaic it just had me rolling my eyes.
    Agree on that point - very Mentalist and Unforgettable, and in those two shows, the angle has always been the least interesting for me. Plus, since it's Sawyer, I mean Josh Holloway I'd much rather see him romancing a series of beauties ala Bond than pining over the one who was lost.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    I'm so mad that I forgot The Poisoner's Handbook was on last night. I read the book a few years back and really enjoyed it. Thank goodness for the internets.
    The Seattle PBS affiliate (that's you, right?) is repeating it tonight, or technically Friday morning, 3-5 am.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast