Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Just spotted that Stephen Merchant has a new comedy, Hello Ladies, starting on HBO on Sunday. I don't get HBO so would appreciate hearing whether it's any good and whether I should try to find it some other way.
    So ... did anyone watch this one?

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    So ... did anyone watch this one?
    Regarding "Hello Ladies". I watch very few comedies but usually check out anything from HBO/Showtime. I personally didn't get the humor and felt it was more like a British comedy....which I never understand or find funny. I won't be checking it out in the future.

As for "Sleepy Hollow", I'm still watching and like it. I take any Sci-Fi/Fantasy when I can get it over anything else. But I'll admit, I watch it more because of the sex appeal of the lead.

vCash
    ^ Ok, obviously not the right person to ask, LOL. I love British comedies (well, the good ones -- they have their own share of drek just like we do on this side of the pond) and Stephen Merchant I could see making a "fish out of water" setup work.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just finished watching last week's Agents of Shield and Sunday's premiere of Betrayal. The latter I'm going to give one more shot even though I hate shows that focus on poor, unloved adulterers. But by the end of the episode and I saw how the pieces of the puzzle they threw down on the table in front of us, I thought, "oh...interesting!" So I haven't given up on this one yet. As for Agents of Shield, I liked the beginning so much, the wry humour was SPOT on. But then the violence started. After the fifth innocent person was thrown far enough and hard enough to leave them as a paraplegic (if lucky) for the rest of their lives, I thought, "I'm out". I deleted the episode before I finished it. Unfortunate as I quite liked some of the characters. But not as much as I hated the violence.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I couldn't get into Betrayal much. I can't believe a couple as well-off as this couple appeared to be would still have carpet in their condo. I suppose it wouldn't have been as dramatic had her wine fell on hardwood, but there is only so much suspension of belief I can handle.

None of the new shows are clicking for me.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Samuel L. Jackson was on "SHIELD" tonight as Nick Fury!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Samuel L. Jackson was on "SHIELD" tonight as Nick Fury!!!
    LOVED the cameo by SLJ!!! But...

Spoiler

vCash
    I cannot believe Ming-Na will be fifty in a couple months. She looks AMAZING!

I thought the second episode of SHIELD was better than the pilot, which is a first for any of the new shows I've watch thus far.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday October 1/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-rises/206349/

vCash
    BLAST. PoI down again. And it was a good one, too. Drat CBS and their stupid timeslot move.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Two shows I want to see are starting on Swedish channels tomorrow: Vikings and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. And they're on two different channels, at the same time. What muppet thought that was a good idea?! Not everybody has the option to watch things online after they've aired, and wouldn't it be better to share the (potential) viewers, rather than to split them? Meh!

vCash
    I'm so bummed about POI being down in the ratings. Hopefully it's fans will adjust to the new time and come back. I LOVED this week's episode and love the addition of Shaw to the lineup. I think their partnership rocks!

vCash
    I lost interest in Sleepy Hollow too... and it looked so promising. The lead is a very nice looking young man,

The ending of The mentalist was quite shocking, but it drove me crazy because she was so stupid to do what she did and put herself in that position!!Should be an exciting beginninng to the season as they figure out who RJ is.

I also like The Blacklist.

Also enjoying POI.

vCash
    Oh dear this Arrow is just a review show. Bummer! I thought this was a new season.

vCash
    I thought Arrow was just a recap of last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I thought Arrow was just a recap of last season?
    Yeah it is. I edited my post.

vCash
    Still enjoying Sleepy Hollow although it's getting a bit like X-files without the aliens, and Black List. My favorite above all is still Face Off.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    For the new comedies/sitcoms, I've watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, The Crazy Ones and The Michael J. Fox show. If you add them all the laughs in these and multiply that by ten, tonight's "Super Fun Night" still wins. Rebel Wilson is a genius. I can't believe she can be so consistently funny. And for her to outperform Andy Samberg, Anna Faris, Robin Williams and Michael J. Fox. You ROCK, Rebel!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I just watched Ironside. Meh. I didn't hate it, but I found his character just too much. Too much "crossing the line but getting the job done" in the opening scenes, too "I'm the only one who can solve this" throughout, too compassionate with the sister, too super-coach, too sex-machine ... just not believable. I know credibility is often strained in TV shows but this one was over the top.

And "Will my sister receive justice" was eye-rolling in the extreme.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    For the new comedies/sitcoms, I've watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mom, The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, The Crazy Ones and The Michael J. Fox show. If you add them all the laughs in these and multiply that by ten, tonight's "Super Fun Night" still wins. Rebel Wilson is a genius. I can't believe she can be so consistently funny. And for her to outperform Andy Samberg, Anna Faris, Robin Williams and Michael J. Fox. You ROCK, Rebel!!
    "Super Fun Night" had me laughing and giggling, which is rare. Glad I checked it out.

I'll probably be watching "The Tomorrow People" at 9PM on the CW when it starts in a few weeks though.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 10-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast