Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I thought I might give Ironside a look. Anyone else?

vCash
    I will.
    I like Blair Underwood.

vCash
    ^^^^^ Me ,too
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I remember enjoying the original as a child, but I don't recall enough details about it that comparisons will be either favourable or unfavourable. Plus I really like Blair Underwood. So yes, I'll definitely be checking it out.

vCash
    I'll definitely checkout Ironside because of Underwood but I am a fan of original show so I am a bit apprehensive about the changes they made.

vCash
    ^ The blurb I read a couple of weeks ago said the name is the same and he's a detective in a wheelchair ... but the similarities end there.

One thing I noticed from a trailer was that they seem to be setting him up as an "action hero in a wheelchair." That could just be the trailer editing, but if it's the direction the show goes I won't be impressed. The thing that made Raymond Burr's Ironside work was that he solved cases using his brains, not his brawn.

We shall see.

vCash
    Intending to sleep early for my half marathon tomorrow morning in torrential rainstorms, I watched the repeat airing of Hostages. I almost never watch anything on CBS but my love for "Muriel's Wedding", "The Practice" (minus the seasons with James Spader) and "Deception", forced to turn to the channel. Well...hmm, okay. I am interested in how this will turn out but not sure I like anyone. I also hope the motive behind the hostage takers is not because they hate Obamacare. And they should've killed the dog.

vCash
    Anyone planning on checking out "Betrayal" on ABC tonight?

vCash
    Watching the reality show with Denver Broncos hottie Eric Decker and his wife Jessie. They are so vulgar and attention whorish - saying shocking things just to be saying them. I think I like him better when he's not talking. And her comments about sitting on peoples faces and comparing her va-jay-jay to an oven is not funny. If it were in the context of a really good joke, I'd laugh, but they are just saying these things to grab attention. Please let this die a quick death.

I can't wait for next week

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Aw man, Hoarders was my guilty pleasure show. I was strangely fascinated by it. While it definitely makes me feel not so bad when my house gets messy and I don't make my bed (not anything compared to this show!), I still don't understand what makes some of these people want to keep garbage and trash. I may have a lot of "stuff", but I throw out my freaking garbage, you know? And I like Matt Paxton. How he does that for a living all day every day I'll never know.

vCash
    OMG - the ending to The Mentalist tonight completely freaked me out! I love this show!

vCash
    ^^^
    Where do they take it, after that?

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Sunday September 29/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...es-low/205507/

"Breaking Bad" finale shatters series records: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...d-ratings.html
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 09-30-2013 at 07:39 PM.

vCash
    on the "Parks and Recreation" front, looks like some of the key actors will be out (and possibly never coming back). Chris Pratt was conveniently written out in the season premiere this week (taking a job in London) as he is currently filming Guardians of the Galaxy. Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe are also leaving mid-season (Rashida's character Ann is currently pregnant on the show with Rob's character Chris being the surrogate father).

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I love the Blacklist because I love James Spader. He can be funny or uber dramatic. He is scary in this show. They cannot make him her father because that would be too obvious and cliched. There has to be a most excellent twist or I'm going to be very disappointed. I've already lost interest in Sleepy Hollow. Even the hot lead wasn't enough for 3 weeks.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I still love Sleepy Hollow and never knew James Spader could be such a bada$$! But I cannot stand the girl who plays the female lead, not sure why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    ^^^
    Where do they take it, after that?
    I don't know, but that's why the show is awesome - I'm sure going to tune in next week to find out!

Plus Simon Baker is a total hottie.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I love the Blacklist because I love James Spader. He can be funny or uber dramatic. He is scary in this show. They cannot make him her father because that would be too obvious and cliched. There has to be a most excellent twist or I'm going to be very disappointed.
    I liked last week's episode, but tonight's episode lost me I think. It's just going to be a new bad guy they bring to justice each week. And very little revealed about the real story...who is this guy and why is he so interested in this one agent? Plus all of the supporting characters are one-dimensional. The only thing worse than one-dimensional characters are those who are snotty, small-minded and not nearly intelligent and open enough to hold the jobs they currently hold.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I've already lost interest in Sleepy Hollow. Even the hot lead wasn't enough for 3 weeks.
    Another show that last me with the second episode. The two leads are great and are well-written, but I can't say the same for anybody else in the cast. Plus everybody letting this guy run around dirty and looking like a historical amusement park employee is just silly. There's no shower on site and somebody with a spare t-shirt and jeans? (Or a barbershop for that matter!)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Monday September 30/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...nes-up/205920/

vCash
    Count me as another one who's done with Sleepy Hollow. I still like the Abbie-Crane dynamic, and Crane is very easy on the eyes ... but that's not enough to overcome stupid storylines, one-dimensional supporting characters, and effects chosen solely for their gross-out factor.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast