Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Did anyone watch Hostages? I missed it.
    Recorded it while I watched Blacklist. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I also enjoyed The Blacklist. Which surprised me because the previews made me think, "yuck" (a show focussing on a criminal as the lead/anti-hero...not for me). But for some reason after The Voice, I thought, "just watch a few minutes and once it turns you off...turn it off". And I ended up making it to the end of the show and really liked it. The female lead is perfect (as is Spader) and her goodness balances out his wretchedness. But I kept expecting the scene where Spader is alone with her and duh-duh-DUH!!!!

Spoiler

(I spoiled that just in case I'm right and you don't want to know what I'm predicting.)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I didn't watch The Blacklist, but just from the commercials I am predicting the same thing.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    I just can't stay up and watch anything at 10pm, so I have to catch up with all three of the 10pm shows - Blacklist, Hostages and Castle over the next few days. I really love being able to do that though. Tonight SHIELD and NCIS, so yeah, shifted viewing rocks!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I liked Blacklist too. Same prediction here. Taped Castle. Don't know what to do about Hostages - let me know if it is good.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I've got my snacks for S.H.I.E.L.D. ready!

vCash
    Peter - I can't give you any reputation right now. Re:the spoiler - Great minds think alike!
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I wondered about that too (re: Blacklist) ... but it just seemed too obvious to me. We shall see, though.

vCash
    I wanted to like Agents of SHIELD soooo badly, but this first episode felt a bit blah. I doubt this show will work as a procedural so I hope this is not the direction they are gonna take it. But I will keep on watching anyway.

vCash
    FYI - for those interested the following pilots are available online for free:

Masters of Sex (on the showtime website)
    Blacklist, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Sleepy Hollow (on iTunes)

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Just started watching SHIELD and couldn't place the guy who climbed up the wall. It was driving me nuts till I remembered he was Gunn from Angel.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    The only MARVEL movie's I've seen is the first Iron Man, and the only thing I liked about it was Paltrow (I get tired of Robert Downey Jr.'s sardonic schtick). And I do not consider Whedon the Kwan of tv. But I liked the pilot. It's not great and the procedural-ness of the series will probably irritate me sooner rather than later, but I'll watch next week.

vCash
    Here is how I rank the four season premier's I've seen during the last two weeks:

1) Sleepy Hollow
    2) Person of Interest
    3) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    4) Blacklist

vCash
    Something like "Lucky 7" would usually be *so* up my alley (RIP "My Generation") but I just couldn't with this show. Everyone except for maybe the blonde girl were way too unlikeable. Oh well.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I checked out SHIELD tonight (knowing nothing about the Marvel characters) and found it enjoyable enough to watch again next week. I liked the cast and I think the show could be pretty good. I also checked out Trophy Wife and found it pretty funny so I'll check it out again next week too.

Chicago Fire just blew it out of the water with their amazing season two premiere tonight. Holy crap, talk about coming back with a bang! I am SO ready for another season with my favorite firefighting crew. Can I just gush for a moment how happy I am that CF and Nashville are no longer airing on the same night??! WOOT!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I really, really liked Agents of SHIELD. They have the advantage of not needing to be plausible, and so were just able to have fun. Yes, the characters were, well, cartoonish. Skye was just too precious, Fitz-Simmons were just too geeky-cute, and Melinda May (how's that for a Stan Lee character name?) was just too dark and badass. But I was still happy to go along for the ride. Makes a nice change of pace from all the brooding dramas out there.

And what will be the big secret that Coulson doesn't know about himself? That he really did die and he's a cyborg now?

I also caught up with Hostages from Monday night. Hmm. Great performances, as you'd expect, but the premise is just eye-rolling, and I can't see how they can possibly sustain it for more than a few weeks. But obviously they've thought of that ... I'll give it one more week at least.

In much less happier news, I tried Mom. I so wanted to like it, as I love Allison Janey and I adore Nate Corddry. But no. Yet another unfunny sitcom. Oh well.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday September 24 2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-flops/204756/

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Comedy is having a rough time against the dramas and the Voice! I thought the first two eps of Dads were hysterical with lots of potential, so I hope it lasts. The Goldbergs had a decent start for me, but I fear too much is hanging on the very talented Wendi McLendon-Covey while the rest of the cast, especially the kids, is weak. I thought Trophy Wife sucked, and I don't see the charm in Brooklyn 99, but then again I've never been big on most of the post-SNL vehicles.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Vanessa Redgrave joins ABC's "The Black Box":
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...black-box.html

"The Black Box," executive produced by Bryan Singer and Ilene Chaiken ("The L Word"), doesn't have a premiere date yet on ABC's schedule, thought THR reports it's being eyed for a January debut, depending on how the network's fall line-up fares.
    Since I don't see "Lucky 7" lasting long, it's possible "The Black Box" could take it's spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    TV ratings for Tuesday September 24 2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-flops/204756/

WOW! The ratings for Agents of SHIELD are

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast