Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    "Copper" canceled by BBC after 2 seasons: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...easons/203788/

"King and Maxwell" canceled by TNT after 1 season: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...season/204053/
    I was really hoping better things for Fritzie but that show was really meh....

I'm looking forward to the premiere of "S.H.I.E.L.D.", and the return of "Revolution" and "The Big Bang Theory".

Grrrrr..... "Revolution", "Survivor" and "Arrow" are all on at the same time..... 8pm Wednesdays.
    Revolution for my wednesdays!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I fear Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't going to last long. All previews of the show say that it's a waste of time and money
    Why did they think it would work?

Let It Snow
    vCash
    I'm really glad Law & Order SVU is returning, even after so many years.
    I'm glad Elementary is returning also: ever since I read Conan Doyle at 13 (and re-read every year after that til I was 18) I've been loving anything Sherlock Holmes, expecially the ones that have less physical engagement with enemies.
    I'm also really glad to see more Parenthood, though I'm sensing I'm in a small minority, possibly alone on that one.
    Of course I' can't wait for The Good Wife to kick in again: it's been my number one on can't wait list till second season.
    I've heard they are going to have a couple more seasons of The Mentalist, which is fine, though I'd rather see it wrapping up this year.
    I quit watching Revenge last spring, didn't even get to the final episodes of the serie, didn't appeal to me anymore. Let me know if you think things have changed and I should revise my decision.
    Castle's success is such a mistery to me. I watched on and off, often just in background, not really paying attention, and since its first season I thought it was B tv serie. It appears people feel differently, and it keeps returning.
    I think spin offs are at high risk for turning out lame, but they are doing a fine job with Major Crimes; granted it's no The Closer, but the Rusty character is enjoyable and I look forward to January.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Sunday September 22/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...upreme/204243/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Why did they think it would work?
    Because The Avengers (and so many other superhero films) did so well at the box office, probably.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Saw the pilot for Brooklyn 99 (it's free on iTunes) and it was much better than I expected. It was pretty funny and I'll definitely keep watching.

The other new show I wanna watch is Masters of Sex. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to Big Bang theory, Parks and Recreation, The Good Wife and Homeland to come back.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou View Post
    I'm also really glad to see more Parenthood, though I'm sensing I'm in a small minority, possibly alone on that one.
    I'm still watching too. I know it's gotten pretty saccharine and "crisis of the week" but in there are still the elements of a good show. There's some genuine family interactions there, and some really good acting.

I thought I was going to have to give it up this year because they've moved it against a couple of my faves on Thursday night, but luckily Global is airing it on Friday nights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I fear Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't going to last long. All previews of the show say that it's a waste of time and money
    The one review I read absolutely loved it. That's all I need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    The one review I read absolutely loved it. That's all I need.
    Rotten tomatoes has it at 82 and metacritic at 76 so far, which are both good scores.

vCash
    I was sold on Agents of SHEILD the second I saw agent Coulson. LOL
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Loved Sleepy Hollow and Lt. Mills ex- boyfriend is HOT! I also watched The Black List and James Spader was great but the show itself does not do much for me.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Did anyone watch Hostages? I missed it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Did anyone watch Hostages? I missed it.
    I did. It was good, as one would expect given the cast. But some of it was totally cliched:

Spoiler

Creating drama!

vCash
    Man, they are promoting Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to DEATH. I've got a Gilmore Girls rerun on while I'm working (ah, the joys of the telecommute!), and I swear every other commercial is for that show.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Watched Blacklist last night. The plot was absurd with lots of things that didn't make sense, but it was entertaining anyway. James Spader was having a lot of fun in the role, and they set up enough intrigue about the other characters to make me want to watch again.

USA Today had a very good review of Agents of SHIELD today as well, but nothing really good to say about Lucky 7.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Monday September 23/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...stages/204381/

vCash
    Sleepy Hollow was still fun but I'm not the biggest fan of Monster of the Week shows. Too procedural-y.

That said--Sonya from NIKITA!!! OMG, I love her!!!

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Watched Blacklist last night. The plot was absurd with lots of things that didn't make sense, but it was entertaining anyway. James Spader was having a lot of fun in the role, and they set up enough intrigue about the other characters to make me want to watch again.
    James Spader reminds me of John Lithgow and Anthony Hopkins the older he gets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post

I enjoyed Blacklist. Will definitely tune in again.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    James Spader reminds me of John Lithgow and Anthony Hopkins the older he gets.
    Yeah, when Keen entered the bunker to face him for the first time, who else was waiting for him to say "Hello, Clarice."

I found the show ridiculous and eye-rolling ... but highly entertaining. Spader makes it work, not sure yet if Boone has the chops to keep up with him. I'll watch again.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast