Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Believe looks more like a motion picture trailer than a TV promotion. Maybe that's because it's created by J.J. Abrams and directed by Alfonso Cuarón (Harry Potter, Pan's Labyrinth, Gravity, etc.). They went with the less is more method for the trailer though, so I'm not yet hooked but certainly hope to be!
    Believe does look good, even if it seems to be borrowing rather heavily from other books & movies (Firestarter and Taken came to mind immediately). And I'll try not to hold it against them that it's mid-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    ^This. Really liked the main characters, but so much was tossed at us in the pilot that it feels like they will burn through every historical/fictional trope they can possibly pull in to the story in a very short amount of time.

I'm also a bit suspicious that Crane wasn't more freaked about taking orders from a woman - and a black woman to boot. That's such an obvious plot point for someone who's been awakened after 250 years.
    I watched part of this after seeing him playing with the electric car window on the preview thinking it would be entertaining to see how he would react to all the modern conveniences and stuff. I didn't see the beginning or if he actually wondered what a car was or was scared of everything electronic. The rest was kind of silly. And it seems to be in the same vein as Castle, Mentalist, Elementary (in reverse), etc. - female cop with "unusual" male sidekick solving crimes crossed with all the fantasy/vampire shows. And why does he have a British accent? If he was working for George Washington during the Revolutionary War - wasn't that against the British? I thought Ichabod Crane was from Connecticut or something like that.

vCash
    ^ They've taken some liberties with Irving's story, as you'd expect them too. (Much like they've done in Once Upon a Time.) They did explain his backstory in the pilot: Instead of being a village schoolteacher, this Crane was a university lecturer at Oxford (?) who came over to the colonies to fight on the side of the British ... but then "saw the light" / had a crisis of conscience and changed sides.

I'm not sure if they made him English because of who they cast, or cast an English actor because that's what they wanted to do with the character.

In terms of deviating from the original, though ... that particular characteristic is pretty minor compared to everything else!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Did anybody watch Ray Donovan this season? Excellent. Violent but really good with some seriously fecked up people.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I heard that Bob Newhart just won his first Emmy award. WHAT??? He's a TV icon! He just won for guest actor on the Big Bang Theory. I checked imdb and Wikipedia and see that he was never nominated for his 70's show (which lasted six seasons) but he was nominated three times for his 80's show (which lasted eight seasons). Crazy. The competition was tough in the 70's: Carroll O'Conner, Alan Alda, Jack Klugman, Tony Randall, Redd Foxx, Hal Linden, etc. One weird thing was that his 80's streak ended with the nomination of Tim Reid for Hank's Place. HUH?? Anyway, at least now he has a long overdue Emmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Got my snacks ready for the Sleepy Hollow premier! If I get a full season out of this thing then I will be very happy, because I cannot imagine our hero chasing the headless horseman all over town for untold number of seasons. But I hope it's a keeper.
    I absolutely loved it. I've mentioned in earlier threads that I need a show to have at least a few of the characters being likeable or liking one another. This show had plenty of moments like that, so I'm definitely into it. And they've done a great job creating a big picture for a show that clearly now has the potential to last many years. Originally I thought the idea of the show seemed very limited, more like it should be a mini-series. So they've surprised (and pleased) me on all levels.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    ^ They've taken some liberties with Irving's story, as you'd expect them too. (Much like they've done in Once Upon a Time.) They did explain his backstory in the pilot: Instead of being a village schoolteacher, this Crane was a university lecturer at Oxford (?) who came over to the colonies to fight on the side of the British ... but then "saw the light" / had a crisis of conscience and changed sides.

I'm not sure if they made him English because of who they cast, or cast an English actor because that's what they wanted to do with the character.

In terms of deviating from the original, though ... that particular characteristic is pretty minor compared to everything else!
    Thanks. I forgot to set the DVR till about 15 minutes in!

vCash
    ^ Susan - It looks like they are planning to repeat it on Fridays at 9pm, so you might get another chance.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Thursday September 19/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...out-up/203799/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "Sleepy Hollow" casts "Fringes" John Noble in a recurring role:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...ill-recur.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by znachki View Post
    ^ Susan - It looks like they are planning to repeat it on Fridays at 9pm, so you might get another chance.
    Ha!!!!!!! About an hour ago, I was looking at the online guide for tonight and saw it on there. I set it to record!!!!

Great minds and all...................:-)

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    New/Returning Shows for the week Sunday, September 22/2013 - Saturday, September 28/2013: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-dates/195183/

Sunday September 22:
    65th Annual Emmys CBS 8:00 PM
    China, IL ADSM 11:30 AM

Monday September 23:
    How I Met Your Mother CBS 8:00 PM
    Voice, The (Monday) NBC 8:00 PM
    2 Broke Girls CBS 9:00 PM
    Mom CBS 9:30 PM
    Blacklist, The NBC 10:00 PM
    Castle ABC 10:00 PM
    Hostages CBS 10:00 PM

Tuesday September 24:
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ABC 8:00 PM
    NCIS CBS 8:00 PM
    Voice, The (Tuesday) NBC 8:00 PM
    Goldbergs, The ABC 9:00 PM
    NCIS: Los Angeles CBS 9:00 PM
    Trophy Wife ABC 9:30 PM
    Brew Dogs Esquire 10:00 PM
    Chicago Fire NBC 10:00 PM
    Fangasms Syfy 10:00 PM
    Lucky 7 ABC 10:00 PM
    Person Of Interest CBS 10:00 PM

Wednesday September 25:
    Middle, The ABC 8:00 PM
    Revolution NBC 8:00 PM
    Back in the Game ABC 8:30 PM
    Criminal Minds CBS 9:00 PM
    Getaway, The Esquire 9:00 PM
    Law & Order: SVU NBC 9:00 PM
    Modern Family ABC 9:00 PM
    Boundless Esquire 10:00 PM
    CSI CBS 10:00 PM
    Nashville ABC 10:00 PM
    South Park Comedy 10:00 PM

Thursday September 26:
    Big Bang Theory, The CBS 8:00 PM
    Parks and Recreation NBC 8:00 PM
    Crazy Ones, The CBS 9:00 PM
    Glee FOX 9:00 PM
    Grey's Anatomy ABC 9:00 PM
    Michael J. Fox Show, The NBC 9:00 PM
    Two and a Half Men CBS 9:30 PM
    Elementary CBS 10:00 PM
    Parenthood NBC 10:00 PM

Friday September 27:
    Junior MasterChef FOX 8:00 PM
    Undercover Boss CBS 8:00 PM
    Dateline NBC 9:00 PM
    Hawaii Five-0 CBS 9:00 PM
    Blue Bloods CBS 10:00 PM

Saturday September 28:
    48 Hours CBS 10:00 PM
    Saturday Night Live NBC 11:30 PM

Please update any changes you may know of.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "Copper" canceled by BBC after 2 seasons: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...easons/203788/

"King and Maxwell" canceled by TNT after 1 season: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...season/204053/

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    This week I am excited for Hostages and for The Crazy Ones because Kelly Clarkson is guest starring.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Friday September 20, 2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-down/204061/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    This week I am excited for Hostages and for The Crazy Ones because Kelly Clarkson is guest starring.
    I'm looking forward to the premiere of "S.H.I.E.L.D.", and the return of "Revolution" and "The Big Bang Theory".

Grrrrr..... "Revolution", "Survivor" and "Arrow" are all on at the same time..... 8pm Wednesdays.

vCash
    Looking forward to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D -- I'm not exactly a fangirl, but I loved the Iron Man and Avengers movies, and think this is great fodder for a series. (Plus I have a huge crush on Clark Gregg.)

Also looking forward to the return of Michael J Fox to series TV. This looks like it could be a real winner. (Wish I could say the same about Robin Williams' show ...).

And I'll probably tune in to Mom, just for the always fabulous Allison Janney.

For returning series, the only one I'm really exited about is BBT. Except of course for the one not listed there ... Battle of the Blades on Sunday night! Woo hoo!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    "Copper" canceled by BBC after 2 seasons: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...easons/203788/

"King and Maxwell" canceled by TNT after 1 season: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...season/204053/
    Awww. I like King and Maxwell. At least they didn't leave it totally hanging like what happened with The Glades. You don't shoot the lead character and leave them bleeding on the floor and then cancel the series.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Say what?! I LOVE this show! Not fair! Waaahhhhhh!

vCash
    I fear Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't going to last long. All previews of the show say that it's a waste of time and money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I fear Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't going to last long. All previews of the show say that it's a waste of time and money

The shows I like best usually don't.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast