Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I watched the first episode of Almost Human last night. I enjoyed it! It definitely fills my sci-fi show slot which has been empty for a while. I love futuristic/sci-fi stuff (Fringe, Firefly, Dollhouse, etc.) but I haven't had a show for a while. J. J. Abrams knows his sci-fi so I knew this would be something to keep me interested.

I love Karl Urban. I remember first seeing him when he was on Xena (he played Julius Caesar) and I've been a fan ever since. Michael Ealy is gorgeous and I love him too. The last show he was on (Common Law) was really good and I enjoyed it but it got cancelled after one season.

I watch way too much television. It's a sickness... It would actually be easier to list what I don't watch! But this season my two new favorite shows are Sleepy Hollow and Witches of East End. I just like the concept of Sleepy Hollow and the way it ties into history, religion, etc. Plus the dynamic between Crane and Mills is really funny. I like Witches of East End b/c it reminds me of Charmed (huge fan of that show) but not so much that I feel like they're copying the show.

I'm pretty sure Almost Human will now be added to my ever growing list of shows.

vCash
    One thing I definitely like about Almost Human is they didn't try to spin out the original story of - how he got ambushed, how he was trying to remember, how it would destroy him - over show after show. I get so sick of those kinds of plot lines. In this show they got it done and finished and moved on. Good move.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    One thing I definitely like about Almost Human is they didn't try to spin out the original story of - how he got ambushed, how he was trying to remember, how it would destroy him - over show after show. I get so sick of those kinds of plot lines. In this show they got it done and finished and moved on. Good move.
    ITA.

I enjoyed Almost Human, though I could have done with just a tad more scifi and a tad less police procedural. I also thought Kennex was somewhat ott in the dark & brooding rogue cop archetype, but he was sufficiently humanized by Dorian by the end of the first episode that I think it will be okay.

And Lili Taylor!

But why oh why do they insist on premiering shows on nights other than their regular nights? What's the point in that? I missed the pilot because it was on Sunday, and just caught up with it online. Recorded last night's episode, will have to catch up with that one later.

vCash
    S.H.I.E.L.D. & P.O.I = &

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    FX orders drama series "The Strain": http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

USA cancels "Necessary Roughness" after 3 seasons: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

ABC cancels "Betrayal". Moves "Revenge" to 10PM. Announces premiere dates for mid-season returning and new series: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    ABC announces premiere dates for mid-season returning and new series: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
    The Assets looks promising -- but another 10:00 Thursday show? Aargh!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday November 19/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...l-slip/216939/

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    2nd ep of Almost Human was a slight step down - of course they had to trot out the obligatory sexbot plotpoint, and it's disappointing that the obvious love interest is just that - a love interest for the main character - already. Sigh. But Dorian's subplot around his existential musings was very interesting. And I loved the animated giraffe Hopefully now that this is out of the way they can focus on the core of the show, the way Dollhouse had to burn off the Fox-required sexy eps before settling down into the kickass show it became.

Of course, Dollhouse didn't survive very long....

BTW - very happy to see that Josh Holloway (LOST's "Sawyer") has a mid-season replacement show coming in January. CBS seems to be the new home for LOST actors. Maybe 666 Park (or whatever that show was called) would have succeeded if it had been a CBS procedural
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    S.H.I.E.L.D. & P.O.I = &
    Person of Interest was so sad! Of course the CBS promo monkeys had us thinking Fusco would be the one to die so I knew it wouldn't be him, but not once did I think it would be Carter!! And of course it would happen in the last two minutes! Man, next week's episode is going to be Reese's revenge times infinity. One look at his face and you certainly want to get out of his way pronto.

As an aside, the little "romance" they had going between Reese and Carter was rather contrived, but you couldn't help thinking it was .

vCash
    I could not believe Carter died either!! The promos didn't show that one coming... but you knew when the phone started ringing that soemthing bad was going to happen to either him or her in that scene... poor Reese (who i think is one nice looking man . Yeah, the little " romance" did seem contrived, I never got it, but it was endearing when he told her she was the one who saved him. I was like, awwww.

vCash
    Ugh, POI. I really hope it was Taraji's decision to leave the show.
    Now the new female characters brought in make some sense.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^^ She was just on Letterman tonight and talked about that. Yes, she knew when she took the part that would be the eventual outcome. They had her storyline all plotted out from the beginning. That's one of the reason's she took it. She wanted to do TV but didn't want to be tied to a series for too long since she is more involved in making movies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    ^^ She was just on Letterman tonight and talked about that. Yes, she knew when she took the part that would be the eventual outcome. They had her storyline all plotted out from the beginning. That's one of the reason's she took it. She wanted to do TV but didn't want to be tied to a series for too long since she is more involved in making movies.
    She may have known, but it sure took me by SURPRISE!

vCash
    Yes, I've heard that she knew. But it still SUCKS. I hate character deaths. (Well, most of the time. If Root died I'd break out the champagne and throw a party. Annoying psycho jackass.)

I didn't think the kiss -- which was unscripted, I hear! -- was contrived. I think the contrived part was when Reese gave her all the credit for bringing him back from the brink. He's always given all the credit to Finch before, as Finch was the one who actually rescued him and gave him a job and a purpose! When I heard them retcon it like that, I KNEW Carter was going to die. They might as well have put a giant flashing neon sign saying "UPCOMING DEATH RIGHT HERE!" above her head.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    TV ratings for Wednesday November 20/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ew-low/217266/

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    The fourth and final season of "Nikita" premieres on the CW Friday, November 22 at 9:00 PM: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...the-cw/206989/

Season 2 of "Haunted Highway" premieres Wednesday November 27 at 10:00 PM on SYFY: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    The fourth and final season of "Nikita" premieres on the CW Friday, November 22 at 9:00 PM: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...the-cw/206989/

Season 2 of "Haunted Highway" premieres Wednesday November 27 at 10:00 PM on SYFY: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
    I'm sad Nikita is going bye bye. Most people don't know about it or assume it sucks b/c it's on the CW but the show had really great writing and great actors as well. The first two seasons were excellent and last season had its moments as well though it wasn't as great as the first two. I hope they wrap everything up with a satisfying ending.

vCash
    I have a great fondness for Nikita and the cast. I am really looking forward to it starting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Was this the whole interview on Letterman? I guess they did too good a job with the Carter character, then. I'm not sure how the show will work for me without her, although it's good to know she wasn't pushed out to make way for the others.

vCash
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...s-death-658306

'Person of Interest' Bosses Talk Major Death, Team Fallout and Reese Unhinged (Q&A)
    2:49 PM PST 11/20/2013 by Philiana Ng

"We knew from the beginning that we had to punish ourselves and the audience by losing more and more castmembers," executive producer Jonathan Nolan tells THR following Tuesday's game-changer.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast