Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    'The Originals,' 'New Girl', 'Revolution', 'Elementary' 'Once Upon A Time', 'Nashville' and 'Parenthood' doing better ratings than you think ....with DVR added:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...you-think.html

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Not surprised to hear that about Nashville. It's on at 10:00 pm Wednesdays, which on a worknight is often too late for me, so I record it and watch it the next evening.

I also recall there was discussion last season that while it wasn't performing at the top of the coveted younger segment that everyone seems to want, it was doing better with an older and higher earning skew, which was attracting certain advertisers who found more in that demographic than among younger, lesser earning viewers.

Here's hoping it continues - my favourite show in many, many years! Also, being of an era when we could actually hold products in our hand, the show makes additional money from me in the form of CD and DVD sales - I hope that counts for something too

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    But should the networks care about shows which rely heavily on DVR viewers? I know when I watch a show or movie on DVR that I never and I mean NEVER watch the commercials. I always fast forward through them and I would estimate that 90% or more of the general public does the same. So, a network would not be able to convince me, if I was an advertising agency, to pay big money on these shows because the viewers are worthless to me.

I wonder if we will begin seeing more in-show advertising. We are already seeing a lot of product placement in these big budget movies now. Why not TV shows?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I DVR everything. And most of the shows I watch I tend to do other things, so I don't necessarily FF through the commercials. And even when I do FF, the visuals still come out quite clearly. At the very least, I do end up watching a bit of the last commercial before my show returns.

I mean, is there a North American FS fan who has never seen that Sarah McLachlan ASPCA commercial?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    But should the networks care about shows which rely heavily on DVR viewers? I know when I watch a show or movie on DVR that I never and I mean NEVER watch the commercials. I always fast forward through them and I would estimate that 90% or more of the general public does the same. So, a network would not be able to convince me, if I was an advertising agency, to pay big money on these shows because the viewers are worthless to me.

I wonder if we will begin seeing more in-show advertising. We are already seeing a lot of product placement in these big budget movies now. Why not TV shows?
    The prime example of that is White Collar. The Ford product placement the past couple of seasons was completely over the top. The characters were driving Fords and praising them out loud and showing off what they could do every chance they got -- it was RIDICULOUS. I used to rant about it till my friends and family were undoubtedly fed up with both me and Ford.

Well, guess what . . . now they have a new sponsor. All the characters suddenly ditched their Fords and are driving BMWs. Real brand loyalty, there.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Monday November 11/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...steady/214937/

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post

Good points. But then again, when I watch a show live, I always mute commercials and use that time to go do something, flip around to see what else is coming up, chat about the show, etc - so either way, I'm seeing a lot less commercials than what they intend.

Shows have been doing product placements for years, sometimes obvious (like the Coke cups on the American Idol judges table), and sometimes less so. Like you I'm surprised there isn't more of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Someone mentioned "Reign" earlier and sort of poo-poo'ed it, but I'm quite enjoying the cheesy fun.
    I like this show too. Beautiful costumes & scenery!

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Sherlock 3 wll be on? YES! Love that show and can hardly wait to see how he did it... you know what i mean.
    I have a fair idea of how he might have done it. For me the biggest anticipation is how he will reveal himself ... and how Watson will react. Obviously he'll be glad Sherlock isn't dead, but furious that he put him through that.

Only 2 months to wait!

In bummer news, though, I came home from holidays to find I'd neglected to change my DVR to "Daylight Savings Time On." So I missed everything I thought I'd recorded week. Am now scrambling to find everything online. Grr. Most annoying since it's entirely my fault.

vCash
    Regarding Product Placement in tv shows - Have you watched Hawaii 50? Some of their placement is pretty hilarious at the obviousness.
    'Let me Bing this'.... and the Chevy's the characters drive. One episode - with Subway, I would not even call it product placement, it was a Guest Star. And it makes sense for a show like this, rating are ok in the US, but I read the show does very well overseas.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Tuesday November 12/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...l-rise/215372/

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Wednesday November 13/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...row-up/215607/

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    AMC renews "Hell On Wheels" for a 4th season: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...by-amc/215845/

NBC orders 12 episodes of "Working the Engels": http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

"Beowulf" series comes to SYFY: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...re-writer.html

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    NBC orders 12 episodes of "Working the Engels": http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29
    Anything that features Andrea Martin...I'M IN!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Thursday November 14/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-down/215779/

vCash
    Sherlock series 3 has an air date in Sweden: February 1! Time to start the countdown!

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    I'm still enjoying the French import "The Returned" on the Sundance Channel.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    TV ratings for Friday November 15/2013:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...a-flat/216028/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I have a fair idea of how he might have done it. For me the biggest anticipation is how he will reveal himself ... and how Watson will react.
    I REALLY want Watson to faint. I can't help it. I'm evil. But that's what he did in the original story, and I want him to do it here. It'd just be so hilarious! (See earlier sentence re: evil.)
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Reminder for those who wanted check out Almost Human, it debuts tomorrow, November 17, 8pm on Fox. (But then continues in its regular time slot - November 18, Mondays at 8pm on Fox.)

JJ Abrams, Karl Urban, androids!

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast