Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jeanne Cooper of "The Young and the Restless" has died at 84

Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 30m
    Jeanne Cooper, whose role on "The Young and the Restless" spanned almost four decades, has died at 84: http://apne.ws/12gHm6C -SS

vCash
    Wow, I remember watching Y&R back in the 80's when I was home sick from school. I will always remember Jeanne's finger nails ... RIP.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    R.I.P Catherine!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    R.I.P Catherine!
    Your sig line is perfect for Katherine! RIP Jeanne.
    Last edited by Alixana; 05-09-2013 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    This one makes me sad. She's been on my tv all of my life. She started in that show before I was born. R.I.P. to a true icon.

vCash
    I'm on Corbin Bernsen's Facebook; he reported a lot of ups and downs over the past few weeks as she seemed to get better and then got worse again. It's been really hard on the family, but it sounds like they're coming to grips with it and glad that she's at peace. I wasn't familiar with her before this, but it sounded like she was a real trouper.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    Wow, I remember watching Y&R back in the 80's
    I watched from 82-86 and I always liked Catherine Chancellor. Couldn't stand Nikki and thought that Victor should have kicked her big hair to the curb. Had the BIGGEST crush on Paul in 8th grade.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I don't watch Y&R anymore, but I used to watch it back in the day...still remember the epic battles between Katherine and Jill.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-09-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Oh, that Jill.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    I was aware of Jeanne Cooper even before she became Katherine Chancellor; and have loved watching her become a Icon of Daytime television over the last 40 years.
    What an amazing woman, and actress, she was.

My sympathy to her family; and to the millions of people who admired her.

Thank you, Jeanne.
    You will be missed.
    RIP

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Like others here, Jeanne Cooper has always been on my TV, as Mom has been a Y&R fan my whole life. She was one heck of a feisty Lady, who also never shied away from bringing her real life battles to the show in the hope of helping someone else.

I also remember how she and the actress who played Jill always came up for the Sick Kids Telethon in the 90's. Once she took on two kids in a game of pool and just took them out in under ten minutes.

She truly was a Grande Dame and I'm afraid we'll never see her like again. My Condolences to both her actual Family and her Y&R Family, as well as her Friends.

Rest in Peace Mrs. C. You will be missed.

vCash
    I started watching "The Young and the Restless" as a child due to my mom watching. It is going to be weird seeing the show w/o Catherine. Her character is very ill on the show currently, so I imagine they will just have her die, giving her a proper send off. Only the tears will be real. R.I.P.

vCash
    awww.....I watched this through most of the 80's as my work schedule allowed back then. Great lady.

YEAH!
    vCash
    RIP to "the Duchess" of daytime.

This is the final scene she taped before her hospitalization, and ultimately her last scene ever... the last minute is so poignant, considering. I too believe they will have her die off screen. She's irreplaceable.

I have followed her over the years and her personality is just as feisty as Mrs. C's.... here is her finally winning the Emmy in 2008 (she's been nominated 12 times, both daytime and primetime)... hilarious speech. The outpouring of love and excitement from her cast mates, and even her competitors, is palpable.

She will be missed!

vCash
    Aww, Mrs. Chancellor!!! She is irreplaceable, I grew up watching her vs Jill...RIP you formidable lady of daytime!

And yes, that scene was definitely poignant...
    Last edited by liv; 05-09-2013 at 12:47 AM.

vCash
    What a great Emmy speech.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I'm 27 (nearly) and I've been a Y&R fan for 25 years. Jeanne was always on my screen and such a staple on the show. I was fortunate enough to meet her as a 12 year old back in 1998. I gave her some roses and she gave me a big ole kiss on the cheek She had the one of the best senses of humor of any actress. I yelled when she finally got her daytime emmy in 2008. She will be greatly missed.
    Kyle

vCash
    I grew up watching Y&R. I haven't watched regularly in about 7 years or so, so the only characters I recognized in that final scene were Katherine, Jill, Esther, and Michael Baldwin's brother (I cannot remember the character's name). The last part with Jill and Katherine was definitely very poignant.

RIP
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    RIP to "the Duchess" of daytime.

This is the final scene she taped before her hospitalization, and ultimately her last scene ever... the last minute is so poignant, considering. I too believe they will have her die off screen. She's irreplaceable.

I have followed her over the years and her personality is just as feisty as Mrs. C's.... here is her finally winning the Emmy in 2008 (she's been nominated 12 times, both daytime and primetime)... hilarious speech. The outpouring of love and excitement from her cast mates, and even her competitors, is palpable.

She will be missed!
    Thanks so much for posting these clips - I watched Y & R on and off since the beginning and Jeanne Cooper was one of my favorites. I didn't know she only won the Emmy once - she did that show for 40 years! Great acceptance speech. RIP Mrs. C.!

vCash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast