Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    This is bizarre!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I have always wanted to believe in Michael Jackson's innocence; but the things he did that we know about (sleeping and probably showering with young boys, traveling with young boys, befriending young boys) and that crazy, weird interview he did pleading his case (forget the year) were just downright inappropriate and wrong. And why was he able to do those things? Because of his position, power, money, fame, and the stupidity/greed of the parents who allowed their children to be put in those situations.

I still argue with myself over this issue and Jackson's guilt vs. innocence, but no argument explains Jackson's bizarre and inappropriate behavior.

O-

vCash
    Wade Robson interview on the Today show available here.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    So it wasn't repressed memories at all, just that he claims he didn't realize it was sexual abuse until now? How is that possible? He testified, under oath, that Michael never touched him, kissed him, etc. Repressed memories could explain that but he says he never forgot. This just got even harder to believe.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Here's the thing: the Jackson family is suing AEG (producers for MJ's last show that never took place) for wrongful death. The trial in that case has just started about the day before these allegations became public. The case is about whether AEG was the employer of Dr Murray (the dr convicted of manslaughter because of MJ's death) and thus bear some responsibility for what happened. There is an argument about whether Murray was an employee for AEG, because although there have been several email exchanges between them about basically agreeing to the contract terms (including that AEG will pay his salary) and he was already working with AEG's knowledge, the final contract was never signed by AEG (because it was finalized literally the day before MJ's death). AEG are saying that Murray was MJ's personal doctor hired at his request and they have nothing to do with him. The family argues that AEG hired and him so he should have been checked out and supervised more properly. There is a lot of potentially embarassing testimony for AEG, basically about MJ having some problems and not being ready to perform, some of the people on the production team trying to get help for him but being ignored, and some evidence that AEG wanted Murray reminded about who's paying his salary and to get MJ to perform no matter what. There's a lot more detail of course but that is about the gist of it.

Of course it is not clear how much AEG knew about what was going on or how much they should have known, so the lawsuit could go either way. But in any case, it's potentially embarassing for AEG.

Except that most people are not even aware that this is going on, because everyone is talking about the new allegations against MJ...
    Don't you find it worrying that doctors call treating you their "practice" ?

vCash
    Michael Jackson 'paid $38m hush money to boys'

Michael Jackson reportedly spent $38 million buying the silence of at least 24 boys who accused him of molestation, according to secret FBI documents reportedly seen by a UK newspaper.

The documents, dating back to 1989, indicate Jackson groomed and molested starstruck young fans over a period of 15 years, The Sunday Mirror reports. The FBI files include thousands of pages of evidence including private investigators’ reports, phone transcripts and audio tapes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    This article is by "a staff reporter" so how seriously should anyone take it? MJ is dead so he can't defend himself. And if the FBI knew about 24 boys why didn't they do something about it after the first couple of boys? I think there's something sickening about someone making up writing all these details & then hiding behind an anonymous signature. I guess it's possible that it could be true but I find it very unlikely. And I think all of us should refrain from passing on unsubstantuated gossip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    And if the FBI knew about 24 boys why didn't they do something about it after the first couple of boys?
    Yes, because there have been absolutely no examples in recent history of large institutions ignoring child abuse perpetrated by powerful men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    This article is by "a staff reporter" so how seriously should anyone take it?
    The reporter's name is at the bottom of the story, and the linked stories from the two UK papers both have reporters' bylines on them.

I think there's something sickening about someone making up writing all these details & then hiding behind an anonymous signature. I guess it's possible that it could be true but I find it very unlikely.
    The stories in the UK papers also give the names of the MJ staffers who were interviewed, and one has a verbatim transcript of what they said in the interviews. There's not a lot of anonymity there. I can't help but think that with that amount of detail, the stories would have been pretty thoroughly reviewed by lawyers before they were published.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Yes, because there have been absolutely no examples in recent history of large institutions ignoring child abuse perpetrated by powerful men.
    I don't see the comparison here, I assume you are referring to the Catholic Church. The FBI has nothing to fear from Michael Jackson. Jackson has no power over an entity such as the FBI. Not to mention, Jackson didn't seem to even have much wealth when he died.

If it is true, I do wonder why the FBI would not come forward with the information. That seems so irresponsible but I don't know all the details.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I don't see the comparison here, I assume you are referring to the Catholic Church. The FBI has nothing to fear from Michael Jackson. Jackson has no power over an entity such as the FBI. Not to mention, Jackson didn't seem to even have much wealth when he died.

If it is true, I do wonder why the FBI would not come forward with the information. That seems so irresponsible but I don't know all the details.
    Jerry Sandusky at Penn State.

vCash
    I can't see what the FBI had to gain from hiding such a thing nor do I see what the FBI had to lose if Michael Jackson was exposed.

vCash
    Jackson's Aussie accuser gets trial date

Robson said it wasn't until after Jackson's 2009 death and the birth of his own son that he was psychologically and emotionally able to understand that Jackson had sexually abused him.
    Is there any evidence? I'm not sure how this can possibly end in Robson's favour.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234