Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just tuned in View Post
    A better strategy for Robson (if he is only looking for closure) might have been to come forward, but not sue.
    unless/until more information comes out about his lawsuit, i'm inclined to agree with that. but i assume there is addl info not divulged to the public at this time.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Given the way our justice system works and given how little we know, I can't really say one way or what this guy's motivation is or what would be a better thing to do.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Jackson was put on trial and found not guilty.
    Put on trial and found not guilty in one case. Which doesn't mean he was found not guilty of every accusation against him.

And what does that have to do with the numerous victims of Jimmy Saville and his associates?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    And, it sounds like Robson is essentially saying that part of the reason Jackson was found not guilty was because Robson perjured himself during the trial.

I have no idea what his motivation is, but I would think that helping someone you believed to be a child molester might not be easy to live with and who know what his current state of mind/health is. Assuming, of course, that what he is saying now is the truth.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The problem is a good attorney is going to point out that if you were lying then, how do we know you're not lying now? I think it would be very hard for him to win in court.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    Don't forget too that MJ was a well-connected dude when he was alive, one that could probably pull strings with any artist and/or producer in the music industry--people with the power to, say, hire certain budding choreographers for major music/entertainment projects. In addition to getting his hush money, I sure Wade benefitted a lot from his association with Michael over years.
    Yes, and the converse is true too. Maybe Robson feared he would get no work (due to Jackson's influence) if he came out against Jackson while Jackson was still living.

O-

vCash
    I personally know a couple of dancers who have worked with Wade. Apparently he is a rather tortured sole and extremely difficult to work with. Not saying that I know where his turmoil comes from but it sort of makes a bit of sense. If he is now going through therapy (which was apparently much needed) these statements could be part of the healing. Going for money is not the wisest thing to do though IMHO. Sad situation for everyone involved.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    I personally know a couple of dancers who have worked with Wade. Apparently he is a rather tortured sole and extremely difficult to work with.
    Choreographers are artists and a lot of artists are eccentric and particular in their own way and thus can be difficult to work with. I certainly don't want to rule out that Wade is the way he is because he has been through a trauma, I'm just saying that a choreographer being difficult to work with doesn't necessarily have to mean anything

vCash
    Deleted. Double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The problem is a good attorney is going to point out that if you were lying then, how do we know you're not lying now? I think it would be very hard for him to win in court.
    While I don't believe in lie-detector test, I think a lot of people do believe in it. Wade could offer to take such a test to prove that he's telling the truth, or at least his truth.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

New molestation charges against Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    While I don't believe in lie-detector test, I think a lot of people do believe in it. Wade could offer to take such a test to prove that he's telling the truth, or at least his truth.
    They are also inadmissible in court. He would have to release it to the press to make his point but it would do nothing for the court case.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    This is one reason why it's difficult to understand what his motivation is.

vCash
    Looks like Wade has sold his California condo and will be moving to Hawaii with his wife and son in the wake of the molestation allegations.

That's a pretty significant move career-wise, isn't it? I imagine all the work for dancers/choreographers are based in California or New York.

Seems like he might be leaving the industry and his work for awhile--until everything surrounding the accusations and trial are settled. The media circus will be crazy.

Or maybe he's done for good and has decided to retire away from the business and raise his family in Hawaii?

News Link

vCash

New molestation charges against Michael Jackson

He will need some money to retire this young. He's doing himself no favors.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    HI is one of the most expensive places to live as well. For someone out of work for a couple years, that's a pretty pricey move.

vCash
    I believe his wife is from Hawaii. It would make sense to me to leave LA and go where family is, especially since he's apparently had a rough go of it in the last couple of years.

vCash
    Only because he was a smooth criminal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    After all, sometimes you really don't know how you've been impacted by something traumatic until much later.
    Correct. A lot of victims of childhood sexual abuse don't fully realize just how impacted they were until decades later. It's the reason that some states have lengthened their statutes of limitations on this type of crime. For example, in Pennsylvania, the victim now has until age 50 to take action.

Interesting that fans of Michael like to sing his songs from the 1970s and 1980s, yet a kid who was allegedly abused by Jacko in the 1990s is supposed to just forget those experiences.

vCash
    I would have no problem if he decided just now to sue Michael's estate for sexual abuse or if he decided to just now begin talking about it or he suddenly had a nervous breakdown because of it all these years later. The problem is that he testified under oath that nothing happened to him. All of this news about Michael supposedly molesting other children and he never once had those memories come up? I am probably being insensitive but I have a VERY hard time believing that he had absolutely no memories of being abused. I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt, here. If Michael were alive then I would eagerly await the outcome because both parties would have a chance to state their claims and defend them but this is being done after Michael died and how can he possibly defend his name? He can't, no one really can because surely Robson will say he was abused when no one else was present and then it is his word against a dead mans. The only thing Robson has is the maid or whomever that claims she saw them in the shower. It would be almost impossible to convince me after you said, under oath, that you were not abused. Was he over 18 when he originally testified? If so, he was an adult and I don't see any way out of it.
    -Brian

vCash
    Nobody knows what the truth is. In terms of crowd reaction, I see two extreme camps. One camp believes the allegations because they either think Robson psychologically repressed his experiences and is now recognizing it for what it was (which is actually more common than you think from victims of sexual abuse) or people who dislike Jackson because they always believed that Jackson was a predator and want those beliefs to be vindicated with the other camp being full of Michael Jackson fans (due to his music) who think people are again being over-zealous with the witch-hunt with little evidence to back it up.

It's hard to remain neutral, but I think I'd rather keep an open mind about this until more details come out. Of course even then, it's hard to know who to believe because no matter where you stand on this, the timing is suspect (with the estate finally being solidified and Jackson no longer able to defend himself) and we've seen Jackson accused before by people whose motivations were suspect (or has gotten away with it because of his resources depending on what you believe).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast