View Poll Results: Where will Julia Lipnitskaya place at the 2014 Olympics?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st (Gold)

1 1.01%
  • 2nd (Silver)

1 1.01%
  • 3rd (Bronze)

2 2.02%
  • 4th

3 3.03%
  • 5th

5 5.05%
  • 6th - 10th

31 31.31%
  • Outside the top 10

7 7.07%
  • She won't qualify for the Russian Team

42 42.42%
  • Don't Know

7 7.07%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Tuk's PCS was 61 in the FS at Euros and her FS score there was a highest by a lady all this season before Worlds so idk. She can score really well, it's just a question of delivering. I think Julia will make the team but I think Adelina is more likely off the team than Liza, Adelina's jumps need a lot of work and she doesn't seem to be very confident and I'm not convinced her multiple bombings over the past couple seasons were due to puberty/growth changes so much as a mental block. Plus she desperately needs better programs, this season's FS was a hot mess. Adelina is very talented for sure, but I think if she makes it big, it will be later on, I think she can overcome her issues and be dominant, but not in time for next season.
    Euros 2013 was the first competition where Liza got good pcs but the gpf and worlds was more the norm. And her pcs at those events are pretty much given to everyone and certainly would include Julia. Both sotnikova and tuktamisheva are very vulnerable to Julia and the only answer involves whose weaknesses are more likely to lead to Julia on the team. I think it's lizas short program issues rather than all sitnikovas problems like Flutz and urs and tarasova being involved in her career.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 05-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Lipnitskaia has even worse skating skills than Tuktamysheva, and her jump technique is pretty awful. I'm confident Tuktamysheva will outscore Lipnitskaia when they make similar errors over their programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by munow View Post
    Lipnitskaia has even worse skating skills than Tuktamysheva, and her jump technique is pretty awful. I'm confident Tuktamysheva will outscore Lipnitskaia when they make similar errors over their programs.
    Tuktamisheva may have good jump technique but worlds 2013 SP and GPF SP's 2011 and 2012. You see how she can't do SP's well that often with good technique. I don't think they make similar errors. Tuktamisheva's errors are usually so bad no matter how good the free skate the short programs disasters make it so that she makes competition after competition an overall failure-except euros 2013.

vCash
    Julia was usually beating Tuktamisheva last season even when Tuktamisheva was skating well. I see no reason she couldnt do it next season. Tuk also doesnt get high GOE on jumps, Julia does the 3-3s and hard jump layouts too, Julia's spins will score much higher, she normally gets higher PCS, and Tuk is becoming very inconsistent especialy bombing the SP often. Since Sotnikova is a favorite of the Russian fed it is quite likely Tuktamisheva will be the odd women out next year for the Oly team IMO. Although I could even see Sotnikova missing it before Lipnitskaia. I really dont see Julia missing the team. I also wouldnt be surprised if Leonova made a big comeback and made the team, possibly keeping both Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva off it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Julia was usually beating Tuktamisheva last season even when Tuktamisheva was skating well. I see no reason she couldnt do it next season. Tuk also doesnt get high GOE on jumps, Julia does the 3-3s and hard jump layouts too, Julia's spins will score much higher, she normally gets higher PCS, and Tuk is becoming very inconsistent especialy bombing the SP often. Since Sotnikova is a favorite of the Russian fed it is quite likely Tuktamisheva will be the odd women out next year for the Oly team IMO. Although I could even see Sotnikova missing it before Lipnitskaia. I really dont see Julia missing the team. I also wouldnt be surprised if Leonova made a big comeback and made the team, possibly keeping both Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva off it.
    I think Czisny has a better chance of making the Olympics than Leonova...

vCash
    Is the majority betting against her qualifying? Couldn't she beat our two divas at Euros? The 9th and 10th place finishers at worlds are threatened by anyone who scores highly next season by any international panel, right? Even Leonova--if she scored high at a GP--might get another look. There is little reason to believe Leonova will score highly ever again, but a healthy Lipnikskaia is more likely to do just that. What are the reasons you believe she can't or likely won't beat Tuktamysheva or Sotnikova for selection?
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 05-11-2013 at 06:05 AM.

vCash
    doubs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Is the majority betting against her qualifying? Couldn't she beat our two divas at Euros? The 9th and 10th place finishers at worlds are threatened by anyone who scores highly next season by any international panel, right? Even Leonova--if she scored high at a GP--might get another look. There is little reason to believe Leonova will score highly ever again, but a healthy Lipnikskaia is more likely to do just that. What are the reasons you believe she can't or likely won't beat Tuktamysheva or Sotnikova for selection?
    Most votes say she wont be on the team but the majority indicates she could be on the team. People saying she can't are totally wrong. It is very possible. Why doesn't Russia just announce Adelina and Elizaveta right now as the team? LOL? Their showings in the 2012-2013 aren't so impressive and wow worthy as to make them indispensable to the Russian program. Many thought they would be totally indispensable but they were just two non-contending also rans at worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    I think Czisny has a better chance of making the Olympics than Leonova...
    Olesya!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    That is my feeling too. Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova might end up being the 2 women Olympic team, but they are no way a lock as some of this forum is potraying them. How are the 9th and 10th place finishers from Worlds a lock for the team, if anyone else is skating or scoring remotedly well. Furthermore it is funny this forum raves about the amazing depth of great Russian lady skaters, but if two skaters who were merely 9th and 10th at Worlds last year are almost locks for the team, then the Russian women arent deep at all, in fact their depth must frankly suck in that case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    That is my feeling too. Tuktamysheva and Sotnikova might end up being the 2 women Olympic team, but they are no way a lock as some of this forum is potraying them. How are the 9th and 10th place finishers from Worlds a lock for the team, if anyone else is skating or scoring remotedly well. Furthermore it is funny this forum raves about the amazing depth of great Russian lady skaters, but if two skaters who were merely 9th and 10th at Worlds last year are almost locks for the team, then the Russian women arent deep at all, in fact their depth must frankly suck in that case.
    True. Depth to me means easily interchangeable people. Not two good ones. Depth just in juniors or is the there depth in jrs and seniors. If people want to say there is no depth in seniors now and just depth in juniors than that should be stated. Julia at jr worlds was better than sotnikova and tuktamisheva at senior worlds and because they are all eligible seniors next season that means there is some depth in seniors. It's not like Julia didn't make the senior GPF with Tuktamisheva but had to withdraw due to a concussion. The former world silver medalist is also some depth. She's not at that quality now but she beat Tuktamisheva in the worlds short and was 3 points back of sotnikova! So if tuktamisheva and sotnkova can't easily be replaced by skaters of equal or greater caliber there is no depth and they aren't really improvements and the team might just as well be announced now. Or just bring back doronina!

vCash
    I really think it's going to be a three way battle between Alena (YES - Leonova), Elizaveta and Adelina for those Olympic spots. It's all going to come down on who delivers when it counts.

vCash
    She is talking about her hope to make the team, and we talk about a podium ?
    If she makes the team, I guess she'll be happy with it, so will I. I don't see her in the top 5 at the Olympics, but I'm talking about her 2012-2013 skating. Maybe she'll improve a lot

vCash
    Julia will probably be on the team but I do honestly think there are 6 girls with chances to make the team - Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Leonova, Pogorilaya, and Korobeynikova. The last 3 obviously don't have very good chances at this point but I do think they still have a chance to make the team as all 3 have skated very well in the past. It's going to depend on the timing of puberty and adjustment issues for the 3 younger girls (Julia, Liza, Anna) and whether or not Leonova can make a comeback and if Korobeynikova can get back her hard content and both she and Sotnikova can develop consistency and not be headcase-y next season.

vCash
    Ideally they want to go with the top two skaters from an international standpoint and those two are Adelina and Liza T. However, Julia did well in her debut last season but was plagued with injuries before taking silver at junior worlds.

I think Julia is the runner-up to Adelina and Liza T and if one of those two flub up, she'll probably step in. She has the ability to score in the top ten. Leonova took a nosedive this season so who knows what's going to happen to her. She'd have to kick some serious ass on the GP next season and win nationals in order to make up for the crap season she just had.

As for Pogorilaya and Korobeynikova, neither have the international credit needed to have a good chance to stay in the top 10 in Sochi. They're still too unknown so I don't think their chances are they great.

As of now I pick Adelina and Liza T with Julia as the alternate. We'll have to see where they are at the end of the GP...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Julia will probably be on the team but I do honestly think there are 6 girls with chances to make the team - Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Leonova, Pogorilaya, and Korobeynikova. The last 3 obviously don't have very good chances at this point but I do think they still have a chance to make the team as all 3 have skated very well in the past. It's going to depend on the timing of puberty and adjustment issues for the 3 younger girls (Julia, Liza, Anna) and whether or not Leonova can make a comeback and if Korobeynikova can get back her hard content and both she and Sotnikova can develop consistency and not be headcase-y next season.
    I agree all 6 of those have a shot. I also dont think anyone is a lock at this point, including Sotnikova who some people wrongly believe is a lock IMO (I do think if she skates well at Nationals and doesnt self destruct during the season she is probably the safest in, but that is no sure thing with her).

vCash
    ^^I don't think anyone is a lock 100% completely, but Adelina and Liza T are the two favorites and they'll have to suck pretty badly not to make it on the team at this point.

vCash
    Well I think Adelina and Liza T. are way overrated on this forum in general. I dont think they are in anyway as far ahead of the others as you are potraying them. Julia L. beat them many times in the last 18 months where they did not "suck pretty badly", and in fact had a better grand prix season than both, especialy Sotnikova last year, and of course wasnt eligible for Worlds and the chance to best the weak results of Adelina and Liza T. who didnt exactly meltdown there and still placed poorly and were not even close to getting 3 spots for Russia. Alena L. meanwhile has been 2nd and 4th at two of her Worlds this quad, even if she did poorly in her last outing and is coming off a very poor season. The way some in this thread talk about Adelina and Liza T. one would think they were gold medal contenders for Sochi, and not just two skaters who finished 9th and 10th at Worlds (with even one poster starting a thread that Sotnikova is a threat to Yu Na Kim, LOL).

vCash
    I don't really see their performances at worlds and just them being at 2013 worlds as being such a powerful and overwhelming reason for them to be in sochi. So Liza and Adelina were at worlds and Julia wasn't so no matter what happens and his they skate Adelina and Liza must be in Sochi! Because Liza and Adelina were in the top 10 judges won't even care about Julia or Polina or Alena leonova! Because Liza and Adelina were in the top 10 if people make mistakes they could medal! Lol! So Liza and Adelina were at 2013 worlds! Who cares? Look at his they did there and if judges really cared and if they will care if they see them in Sochi!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12