Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I heard one report a while back that Michele's brother had visited her and it is her mother she is refusing to see. I hope that us true because she needs someone with her and not to be alone.
    The Daily Mail, not known for its journalism, has this

Sounds like she had a less than happy home life before she disappeared and then a horrible, horrible time in captivity. I hope she can have a happy life after this!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    So sad If the poor woman has severe facial injuries it might not be a pretty picture - I do hope the media does not go crazy trying to get a picture of her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    So sad If the poor woman has severe facial injuries it might not be a pretty picture - I do hope the media does not go crazy trying to get a picture of her.
    Me too.

Apart from the one released when Amanda was reunited with her sister, there haven't been any other pics so far. Amanda, her daughter and Gina all hid their faces when they returned home.

I'm sure they'll give interviews at some point, if they want to, but I doubt that's high on their to do list right now. There's a lot of emotional healing that needs to be done. The media hanging around outside their houses isn't going to hasten that at all...

vCash
    It doesn't sound like Michelle's mother stressed herself out about her missing daughter all that much if her neighbours had no idea about Michelle. Barbara Knight also seems to have her hands full already so even if she is genuine, I'm nor sure Michelle will get the love, attention, and patience she will need on her long road to recovery if she lived with her mother.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It doesn't sound like Michelle's mother stressed herself out about her missing daughter all that much if her neighbours had no idea about Michelle.
    I don't know if I'd hold that alone against her. Not everyone likes to talk about their losses and sorrow, and since she had other children perhaps she chose to focus on energies on them, for their own benefits and hers.

vCash
    Twitter:

Slate ‏@Slate 1m
    Why No Praise for the Less-Flamboyant Neighbor Who Helped Free Amanda Berry? VIDEO: http://slate.me/13Ffxqf

vCash
    It doesn't sound like Michelle's mother stressed herself out about her missing daughter all that much if her neighbours had no idea about Michelle. Barbara Knight also seems to have her hands full already so even if she is genuine, I'm nor sure Michelle will get the love, attention, and patience she will need on her long road to recovery if she lived with her mother.
    She searched for her daughter for years after the police refused to register her as a missing person. She made up and handed out fliers at her own expense, and continued to do it long after she left Ohio. I don't think you can say anything about the love and attention she needs and deserves from the lack of neighbourly gossip and an article in the Daily Mail, which I refuse to even call a newspaper...

vCash
    Watching all the news reports, I'm stunned that they are repeatedly saying the child's name. She's a minor. Isn't that some sort of violation??

I don't recall the names of Jaycee Dugard's children ever being released.
    Last edited by Twizzler; 05-09-2013 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    The reason why all three brothers were taken in is explained in this article. http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...le_knight.html

Apparently, the culprit and one brother were found together and one asked if it was related to the third brother's own issues. Smart move- easier than letting him go and trying to find him later if there were questions.

Last edited by FigureSpins; 05-09-2013 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    Here is an article focused on Michelle Knight
    Even before the kidnapping, she had a very rough and troubled life, having a mental issue, being raped by two boys and losing a custody of her own child .
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...le-knight.html

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Me too.

Apart from the one released when Amanda was reunited with her sister, there haven't been any other pics so far. Amanda, her daughter and Gina all hid their faces when they returned home.
    This looks like it is a current picture of Amanda, her daughter, and her aunt. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module
    I saw another version of this with the child's face blurred, but this one is dailymail, ya know.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    This looks like it is a current picture of Amanda, her daughter, and her aunt. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module
    I saw another version of this with the child's face blurred, but this one is dailymail, ya know.
    That's the one I'm talking about - the one they released when she was reunited with her sister.

The face is blurred now because the family have decided that they don't want the little girl's picture published. Too bad media outlets around the world had already shown it! The same goes with the name - it's whatever the family wants.

Jaycee Duggard didn't want her daughter's names or faces revealed, and I think that was a very smart move. This seems to have been a far more chaotic, opportunistic rescue. A lot of information and details went out before the families had a chance to stop it.

Incidentally the Guardian (UK newspaper) has a policy of not printing the names of sexual assault victims. Now that Castro has been charged, the Guardian has stopped using the girls' names, even though they can be found all over the internet. I really admire this

And yes, poor Michele Knight has had a horrible time of it. She's apparently told police there was another girl there who she never saw, but who disappeared suddenly. The tabloids are all saying who it could have been, but I've yet to see this be reported by a reputable news source.

vCash
    Twitter:

Salon.com ‏@Salon 6m
    Cleveland mayor blasts city officials: Stop leaking info on kidnap victims http://slnm.us/4Psjb2T
    EDIT:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 1h
    Former relatives of Ariel Castro describe abusive behavior toward mother of his children: http://apne.ws/1955vPN -SS
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-10-2013 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    The current issue of People Magazine shows Amanda's daughter and mentions her name as well. I read elsewhere that the first girl abducted, Michelle, has still not been reunited with any family members and is apparently still hospitalized.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    And yes, poor Michele Knight has had a horrible time of it. She's apparently told police there was another girl there who she never saw, but who disappeared suddenly. The tabloids are all saying who it could have been, but I've yet to see this be reported by a reputable news source.
    Well, there are FBI teams in the backyard in "protective gear" (I would assume coveralls and masks for biologic contamination) digging big holes, per CNN this afternoon...one of my coworkers said he hoped they'd find evidence one of the dead babies was born alive and killed, so they could charge him with capital murder (which IIRC is the only way you can get the death penalty in Ohio-we were getting this back to back with Jodi Arias coverage and he was of the opinion Castro deserves to fry even more than she does.) If there was another girl and she "disappeared" maybe there's another option for a capital murder...

vCash
    According to this article, they may try to go for the death penalty based on his terminating (at least some of) the victims' pregnancies:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...dnap-case?lite

vCash
    A good start would be to chain him to his bed, open his cell door, and let the inmates have their way with him.

The death penalty is too easy of a solution for him. He needs to suffer for awhile...a long while.

vCash
    A part of this that makes my blood boil is that, even if he spends the rest of his life in prison, his life will still be better than his victims' were.

vCash
    They just showed a brief clip of Castro's mother speaking on Telemundo. Heart wrenching. I do feel for her. I can't comprehend how a mother can process giving birth to such a sick, twisted monster.

vCash
    I don't know if I can express how sad I feel every time I think of this. It's so depressing...

I even have trouble to think of the criminal as a human being. This is just so inhumane.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast