Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Am I the only one kind of disturbed by the attitude of the 911 operator? Maybe its because I am only hearing short clips on the news, but from what I have heard she was very dismissive of Amanda. And then basically hung up on her and didn't stay on the phone with her until the cops got there?! Amanda's telling her "I was kidnapped for 10 years and I'm free and I'm here now" and the operator was just like "okay talk to the police when they get there" and was ready to hang up on her until Amanda said "hello" again, like she thought the operator hung up?! And then she tells her that a car is coming "when one is free". Are you kidding me??

Maybe its just the clips I am hearing, but I thought the 911 operator's behavior in taking the call was awful. If there's a clip of the entire 911 call, I'd be interested in hearing in the whole call, because what I am hearing on the news is very disturbing. Like with that 911 operator who took the call about those two little boys whose father killed them and burned the house down when that social worker was frantic trying to get some help. Listening to Amanda pleading for help and the 911 operator's dismissive behavior makes me angry every time I hear that clip.

I am glad they were rescued and are safe and the call did get the help required, but its just very disturbing listening to it.
    I'm on my iPod Mini and learning the ropes on it still, otherwise I'd share the link, anyway... If you go over to CBC.ca, you'll find an article on how that idiot is now being investigated on her "handling" of the call. A transcript of the entire call is over there too.

This entire story is just unbelievable and while we toss around the term hero these days, Amanda Berry is w/out a doubt one. Now the really hard road starts. Getting their lives back and also adjusting to the World of Today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:
    Salon.com ‏@Salon 13m
    Cleveland kidnapping hero Charles Ramsey revealed as serial domestic abuser
    I'm sure that if Amanda hadn't been so desperate to escape, she would have first asked Charles if he had any priors.

vCash
    I read that the police had actually been to the home a few times but since nobody answered they never followed up! One call was someone saying it looked like a woman w/a baby was in there and looking like they wanted out. By the time cops showed up, nobody answered so away they went. SICK. SCARY. (Someone could have been disabled or died of CO2 poisoning, etc.) Meanwhile, we all know of cases where child protective services or the police have to actually go in a home briefly just to follow up on false complaints made by psycho exes, nasty neighbors, haters, etc. even when they know it is bogus and just clogging up the system and taking workers time/tax money.
    In this case, nobody answers so it's just "Oh well"........
    Infuriating all around!!
    I heard the young ladies all got in the car willingly.
    Sickos prey on any age. Think of women joggers who have vanished, or were in their apt. one minute and gone the next.
    Hope they will all come home safely!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I just saw a Spanish speaking man on the news who said Charles Ramsey didn't show up until after he had already pulled Amanda and her child out and they were already on the phone with 911.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Saw that on Anderson Cooper earlier, two neighbors say it was the Spanish gentleman who pulled Amanda from the house, not Charles Ramsey, he didn't cross the street until she was already on the phone with 911

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Me too, I always wonder if he's still alive and what happened to him.
    At the time that Johnny disappeared several other 12 year olds were abducted and brutally murdered in the Omaha area and John Joubert was tried, convicted and put to death for those murders, including one in Maine. I have always thought that there might be a connection although no physical connection had been made. The day of his arrest John was near a pre-school where my son was in the car with his baby sister who was to drop off another child in her care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I have only had to call 911 once in my life, and it was not a great experience. The paramedics did come quickly, but the operator was condescending and snippy. My neighbour had taken a very bad fall - I honestly didn't know if he was alive - and the endless questions that I couldn't answer or were completely irrelevant only served to increase my anxiety. She took forever to say that someone was actually on the way, or I would have hung up on her.

(My neighbour was fine by the way, thank goodness.)
    I called 911 about 6 weeks ago when my husband fainted and I could not get a BP reading. The operator was extremely helpful and kind. I do think it like in life, you get the bad with the good

vCash
    I believe 911 operators are told not to show emotion as they do not want to add to the emotional upset of the caller, but I do agree the 911 operator should had remained on the line with Amanda until the police arrived just to make sure her kidnapper didn't show up and grab her again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Apparently America's Most Wanted did an interview with Arlene Castro. Who described herself at the time as Gina's best friend, and admits to being the last one to talk to her. Arlene is the daughter of Ariel Castro Gina's kidnapper. This link stuns me.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...e-gina-dejesus
    I wonder if that is how Gina was kidnapped, she thought she was going with someone she knew and could trust.

vCash
    I just putting in this link, b/c I want more people to know about Angel Cordero, who also helped.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...lamboyant.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    I wonder if that is how Gina was kidnapped, she thought she was going with someone she knew and could trust.
    That's what the son suspects. It would explain why no one saw her being kidnapped off a busy street in broad daylight...she wasn't. She got into the car willingly thinking he'd drive her home, but he then kidnapped her instead.

As well as feeling sorry for those girls, I feel so sorry for Castro's kids. Imagine finding out that your father had kidnapped your best friend and held her for 9 years? Or that when you visited a few times a year, there were women locked up there and you had no idea? His kids didn't have much contact with him after he tried to kill their mother in 1993 after she had brain surgery. Charming man
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    How did Amanda give birth to her child? I'm guessing it wasn't at a hospital *shudder*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    How did Amanda give birth to her child? I'm guessing it wasn't at a hospital *shudder*
    My guess is she gave birth at the house and the other women were ordered to help with the delivery. I heard on CNN yesterday that one of the girls had been threatened with death if the baby didn't survive. Apparently there were five pregnancies during the past ten years but only one resulted in a live birth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyBut View Post
    They reported last night that the older girl, Michelle, was forced to help Amanda deliver the baby in a small children's pool (so as to contain all of the blood, amniotic fluid, etc.) The baby stopped breathing for a bit and Castro threatened to kill them if the baby didn't survive.

Michelle also reported that she had five pregnancies- all resulting in miscarriage after Castro repeatedly punched her in the stomach and starved her

I hope this man rots in Hell.
    Last edited by Twizzler; 05-09-2013 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Nothing, absolutely nothing, can punish that man enough. But I hope we try.

If that's not pure evil, I don't know what is.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I can't figure out why there was an immediate focus on all three brothers, and now only is charged. They must have had reason to bring in all three - it had to have come from the women - so what's changed?

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    I read that the police had actually been to the home a few times but since nobody answered they never followed up! One call was someone saying it looked like a woman w/a baby was in there and looking like they wanted out. By the time cops showed up, nobody answered so away they went. SICK. SCARY. (Someone could have been disabled or died of CO2 poisoning, etc.) Meanwhile, we all know of cases where child protective services or the police have to actually go in a home briefly just to follow up on false complaints made by psycho exes, nasty neighbors, haters, etc. even when they know it is bogus and just clogging up the system and taking workers time/tax money.
    In this case, nobody answers so it's just "Oh well"........
    Infuriating all around!!
    !
    Um...if the police don't have probable cause they can SEE (not "a woman with a baby was in the house and the observer thought she looked like she wanted to go outside", which could have a lot of explanations that don't involve foul play) they can't just bust down doors and go charging in. And it would be hard to get a warrant based on "We had a call about someone in the house, but when we arrived no one answered and there was no evidence of a break-in, fire, someone in imminent distress..." Especially if they'd been IN the house during any of the kidnapping searches and not found anything, they had no reason to think there was anything going on. The guy clearly had them well hidden and was an accomplished liar. The police aren't psychic and they do have rules about probable cause.

As for why the third victim didn't get as much attention--again, unless there's evidence of foul play, when an adult disappears, there's only so much the police can do. Adults can voluntarily disappear if they want to, minors can't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post

As for why the third victim didn't get as much attention--again, unless there's evidence of foul play, when an adult disappears, there's only so much the police can do. Adults can voluntarily disappear if they want to, minors can't.
    Exactly. The police didn't believe she'd been abducted. She was never listed as missing because when she disappeared, they investigated and found she'd probably left of her own accord. It seems that she didn't have the happiest home life and she still hasn't been reunited with her family because of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I can't figure out why there was an immediate focus on all three brothers, and now only is charged. They must have had reason to bring in all three - it had to have come from the women - so what's changed?
    Perhaps all three were just there at the house, when the police went to arrest Ariel?
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Perhaps all three were just there at the house, when the police went to arrest Ariel?
    They're also wanted for other misdemeanours and are still being held because of those...maybe there was an assumption they were involved and after talking to the women the police realised they weren't?

vCash
    I heard one report a while back that Michele's brother had visited her and it is her mother she is refusing to see. I hope that us true because she needs someone with her and not to be alone.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast