Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    I think the one missing persons case that still sends chills through me after all these years is Johnny Gosch
    Me too, I always wonder if he's still alive and what happened to him.

vCash
    Twitter:

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew 4m
    Man originally suspected in kidnapping one of the girls told FBI to look into Ariel Castro. They did not. http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...er-and-monster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    So happy that these women were found alive and another case of you never really know anyone. But how come there is so little information about the third victim Michele Knight?
    I have been wondering about her too. They have not even shown a picture of her, and they don't mention her or her family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I just watched a video interview of the neighbor. He's a hoot.
    He is. Hopefully he'll get a reward etc for finding. You can tell he's got a heart of gold.

vCash
    Twitter:

Keith Boykin ‏@keithboykin 5m
    Charles Ramsey told @andersoncooper Amanda Berry's 911 operator was a "moron" and an "imbecile." Certainly seems that way from the tape.
    Keith Boykin ‏@keithboykin 8m
    True but you don't rush a person in distress off the phone. MT @JuicyGigolo How so? dispatchers job isn't to remember 10 yr old cases.
    Keith Boykin ‏@keithboykin 50s
    This story is getting stranger. Ariel Castro helped pass out fliers to find one of the missing girls in his house. http://bigstory.ap.org/article/homeo...as-no-stranger
    The Associated Press ‏@AP 6m
    Ariel Castro was friends with father of one missing woman, well known in his Cleveland neighborhood: http://apne.ws/Yt52VZ -SS
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-08-2013 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Where did you see this report. If true .
    The three Cleveland women who escaped to freedom Monday evening were repeatedly forced to have sex with their captors, which resulted in several pregnancies, sources said Tuesday. Sources told Ohio station WKYC that Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight were raped in their decade-long nightmare, resulting in up to five pregnancies between them.

The two sources added that their alleged captors, brothers Ariel Castro, Pedro Castro and Onil Castro, then beat the pregnant women.

Additional sources told Newsnet5.com that one of the victims had two or three miscarriages because she was malnourished while held captive at the Seymour Ave. house.

...A source told Fox8.com in Cleveland that writing was found on the wall of the basement with the name of a woman. "Rest in peace" is written below. The source said they are unsure if the writing is related to the case.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2SesTHHXv

vCash
    Sadly, none of those details is a surprise. You knew they were being kept as sexual playthings and punch bags. And it's even sadder to think that there are probably many women/girls (and probably young boys/men too, but a small mercy is that they can't get pregnant, have miscarriages, and birth babies in these situations)who are currently being held the same way all over the world. And as more of these situations are unearthed, more crazy people get ideas to do the exact same thing or worse.

I hope they are allowed privacy to collect themselves, get help and get on with their lives... and provide damn good evidence to put these guys away for life. Can you imagine being the mom of these 3 men? I have no idea how I could face up to having not just 1, but 3, sons like this...

vCash
    Apparently the mom was repeatedly beaten by the father of the three suspects, suffering broken ribs, nose, etc. I assume she divorced the father.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    Apparently the mom was repeatedly beaten by the father of the three suspects, suffering broken ribs, nose, etc. I assume she divorced the father.
    Not surprising. These three @ssholes had to learn extreme disrespect for women somewhere. Too bad mom didn't leave a bit earlier. (Like before she had the three boys.)

Any woman staying in an abusive relationship for the sake of her kids is teaching her kids a sh*tty lesson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I just watched a video interview of the neighbor. He's a hoot.
    "There was nothing exciting about him...uh, until today!"..."Bro, I knew something was wrong when a pretty little white girl ran into a black guy's arms!"

I LUV this guy!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    ."Bro, I knew something was wrong when a pretty little white girl ran into a black guy's arms!"
    Well she could be a Kardashian

He's pretty quick-witted. That quote is definitely one for the ages

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Am I the only one kind of disturbed by the attitude of the 911 operator? Maybe its because I am only hearing short clips on the news, but from what I have heard she was very dismissive of Amanda. And then basically hung up on her and didn't stay on the phone with her until the cops got there?! Amanda's telling her "I was kidnapped for 10 years and I'm free and I'm here now" and the operator was just like "okay talk to the police when they get there" and was ready to hang up on her until Amanda said "hello" again, like she thought the operator hung up?! And then she tells her that a car is coming "when one is free". Are you kidding me??

Maybe its just the clips I am hearing, but I thought the 911 operator's behavior in taking the call was awful. If there's a clip of the entire 911 call, I'd be interested in hearing in the whole call, because what I am hearing on the news is very disturbing. Like with that 911 operator who took the call about those two little boys whose father killed them and burned the house down when that social worker was frantic trying to get some help. Listening to Amanda pleading for help and the 911 operator's dismissive behavior makes me angry every time I hear that clip.

I am glad they were rescued and are safe and the call did get the help required, but its just very disturbing listening to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Well she could be a Kardashian.
    I was expecting this reply!

Bailey, I too was disturbed by the 911 operator. Perhaps she never heard of the missing girl, or didn't take the call all that seriously because the story is so unbelievable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duane View Post
    I was expecting this reply!

Bailey, I too was disturbed by the 911 operator. Perhaps she never heard of the missing girl, or didn't take the call all that seriously because the story is so unbelievable.
    Its definetly terrible, but who knows what kind of calls the 911 operator gets every day.

vCash
    The 911 operator could have stayed on the line with her, and in my experience they are usually good at their jobs but never friendly. She probably thought it was a prank, and did not take it too seriously. But not taking calls seriously have cost both police officers and victims of crime their lives.

vCash
    I listened to the recordings and thought the 911 operator that Amanda spoke with was efficient and did her job, but nothing more. That's not a bad thing-the cops were there within minutes, which w more important (IMO) than stroking the caller. I agree she should have remained on the line until the officers arrived, but perhaps that's not the policy in Cleveland. (On star always offers to stay on the line, ime.)

Amanda was very distracted on the phone call, which may have made the operator think it was a prank. I think that her daughter was interrupting the call with talking or whining. Absolutely understandable on the child's part, don't get me wrong. It just didn't help the situation.

i have to say that the good neighbor's recorded 911 call was filled with cursing and drama. He sounded like a drunk, but that operator took him seriously. However, the neighbors patience was severely lacking.

The powers that be in the city are investigating the 911 call center and the operator. I think there's room for improvement in their scripting. The operator didn't ask who else was with Amanda, if she was in a safe place, if anyone was injured or in danger. It's possible that others in the neighborhood were also calling in, so perhaps all the operator needed to do was dispatch the police since others were also providing information. See what comes of the investigation.

vCash
    Twitter:

The Associated Press ‏@AP 1h
    Neighbors say man in custody comforted missing girl's mom, helped search for missing Ohio women: http://apne.ws/ZPfPuG -RAS

vCash
    To me, it's easy to focus on the 911 operators. Who still did their jobs. It wasn't like they were unprofessional. The police, on the other hand, have a lot more questions to answer for.

vCash
    Repeat Post.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I have only had to call 911 once in my life, and it was not a great experience. The paramedics did come quickly, but the operator was condescending and snippy. My neighbour had taken a very bad fall - I honestly didn't know if he was alive - and the endless questions that I couldn't answer or were completely irrelevant only served to increase my anxiety. She took forever to say that someone was actually on the way, or I would have hung up on her.

(My neighbour was fine by the way, thank goodness.)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast