Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Nebelhorn practices

Pairs practice
    Saw a fraction of the previous group, the Estonians Zabiako/Zaboev are on fire. She lands the throws, their split twist is fab. She is Bazarova-esque, but really good looking.
    The Spanish pair looks bad - she can’t land a thing to save her life. Didn’t look much at the rest.

Klatka /Khruschinski the music is sooo elevator…
    KempKing throw 2 something, it was so bad I can’t even tell what it was.
    Poles a dead spiral , so so, pairs spin nice, good speed, nice positions, and still it looks juniorish - no matter what they do it just looks as if `when they grow up..’

The Turks didn’t show up I wuzzrobbed!

Makarova/Kinchadze - yet another tango. With his posture it’s juuuust the music to skate to. A split 2t is horrible - she lands long before he is trying to catch her. throw 3loop fall not sure she rotated even nearly. The next to me says Makarova/Kenchadze are a pair off the ice as well. `You didn’t wash the dishes!!! Here, fall from that throw jump now, mua ha ha !”. POles - he did a 3s, she a 2s. The steps for Makarova/Kenchadze. The poles were very busy looking at each other during their steps - think they went behind the music while waiting for each other. Makarova/Kenchadze donm’t look one at the other, which makes a slightly better impression.

Kemp/King Tchaikovski piano concerto 1. Wow. I think the music is `too wide’ for them. Split3twist, she landed a bit before he was there. Poles throw2loop, bad. Kemp/King jumped something, have an impression it was a 1A , taking they actually landed. The lift - they pracited it before and it was nice (something left of Suidek..) , he stepped into a hole, took her down carefully.

vCash
    Thanks Tahbka

vCash
    Wheeee, the new Israelis!
    Davidovich/Krasnapolski 3s - he landed, she ur and wrong foot. Throw 2s, huge! Think there might be a 3S. Sp far no one else jumps. The Koreans! NorthKoreans!
    Ziegler/Keifer, look bad. They are trying a split twist and it’s bad bad bad bad
    Wow! Davidovich/Krasnapolski a HUGE throw 2s! A double split twist. Austrians - 3s, not sure what went wrong, but something did.
    Austrians- a lift. Again, looks heavy when he takes her down.
    The israelis music - both screwed up the salchows. The throw 2s was df
    Am trying to get used to this computer, and its not happening yet. Perhaps not tonight

The swedes are skating. Their jumps and throws were weird - the 3t - he was defying gravity. The throw - think they attempted an 2a, at least she was in some weird position entering. Fell. The throw 3s, she fell, sbs jump - not sure what it was, but it wasn’t anyway. They are doing their LP. Think thye are already dead, so are we… Their high difference is huge, think it’s even more extreme than Duhamel/radford. Davidovich/Krasnapolski - throw 2s. Again, huge. Davidovich/Krasnaposlki dead spiral. Not bad, though she seems heavy exiting.
    Roll seems to be unable to land anything. Again another throw and again she is down. She is not even trying really - she opens too early and ends up on the wrong landing foot every time. The music is cheery, thank you guys…

Ziegler/Keifer elevator music. Everything you ever wanted to know about the note fa. And everything you never wanted to know as well. 3s.She fall.s Not sure why didn he change partners, she is as bad as Martini but she was cuter. Davidovich almost bumped into the Austrians (it’s the Austrians’ music) . Ziegler/Keifer throw 3s a bad fall. Somehow all this group is pessimistic… Even with the experienced male partners… Again, She is busy looking at him during the steps , he kind of goes without. Krasnapolski/Davidovich 3s, she falls again. I think he should be sick of those 3s by now. A throw 2s, again huge, but this time sh puts a leg down. What for?
    The swedes - something and 2t, her jumps are still beyond weird.
    Austrians 3s - she as if lands it and then falls on her butt for no good reason. Davidovich/Krasnaposlki they are much faster than the rest of the group and i really like her posture.

Weird, the korean pair were on the ice, bu they are not skating, their music didn’t play and they are off the ice.

Austrians - and again a really bad throw. Swede a 3t, and he falls. He is so tall, it must be really painful to fall from such highs. Keifer - another throw, another bad fall. YAY! The Austrians finally landed their throw 3s!!!!
    Swedes 3s - he falls, she df and ur. And again, Again the same. It’s painful to watch

vCash
    Ouch.

vCash
    The final group is on the ice. WOW they are fast! Like seriously fast.
    Purich/Tran make the element almost into Takahashi/ Kihara. Davis/Brobaker look a bit out of place here.
    Volosozhar’s coat is horrible. Think I saw it sold in Odessa airport last night and a couple of overlypainter Ukranian ladies wearing it.
    Purich/Tran split twist - bad, he didn’t really catch her on time. Trankov’s hair looks horrible. Takahashi/Kihara spltit twist - also not something good. Takahash has `Naru’ on her back written Cute. Their split is painfuly slow he is so careful lifting her there is no speed left.

Volosozhar/Trankov music. LP. Eeeekkk… An interesting start though. Right, no jumps today. A shame. A drunk violin into an electric guitar. If Weber were dead he would be turning in his grave. The ouverture still goes on. Death spiral back outside. Nice. I didn’t spot the hand change… was it? Takahashi/Kihara throw 3s - she df. Have to admit I like that there are no drums in the music - I though there would be lots of fake rthythms. So at least that. Davis/Brubaker something/2t.
    VoloTran pairs spin. the 2nd part is clockwise. Nice.
    Davis/Brubaker SP . Such a different style, a cnice change after trankov. sbs 3s. nice. She is swippng the ice with her hair on the todes. Very very low, his edges are the deepest I’ve seeb on the todes. Kihara 3t. Am not sure whether it’s a practice thing, but Brobaker totally sales the programme, while Davis is kind of well.. near, but hardly anything. I.e. she looks not completely comfortable with that programme, I think.

Purich/Tran music. My computer still decides itself when and what to let me do.. ugh… Anyone knows how to write documents offline on a chromebook? Anyway, sbs3t, she ur and fell. The lift is nice. Throw 3s, I think nice and clean. The steps. Again, she is busy checking where he is, he is busy checking where Volosozhar is not to bump into her. I really like them, though they seem to remond me or of Duhamel/Radford than Takahashi/Tran. The todes gets very slow towards the end

Takahashi/Kihara. sbs 3 jump clean. VoloTran sbs 3s, he fell. Is Volosozhar back to skating with a truck driver. Takahashi/Kihara throw 3 something, she didn’t quite land it. Davis/brubaker throw 3s - huge!!! Steps - again, kihara is busy looking at her, she is busy with the steps. Kihara is skating much more into the music than Takahashi. Ironically. Purich/Tran sbs 3t - no idea how he landed it with that angle, but he did. Brubaker throw2lz/flip? Nice
    VoloTran throw2loop. Takahashi/Kihara throw 3s, landed. She lands in a very deep edge, it looks as if the jump is not gonna happen and then she does.

VoloTran a huge 3 throw.
    Takahashi/Kihara 3t2t nice and clean. Volotran a huge throw3s. Purich/Tran left.
    VoloTran are starting checking the roof for the split twists. I think there is a hole there under which they can attempt one. throw3tw - nice, but not huge. Trankov goes to a weird direction after. Think avoiding colliding. Another attempt. Again, nice, but not their normal huge.

vCash
    Heh, now the interesting stuff - the north koreans and Cepluha are on the ice. Weird combination.

vCash
    Cepluha is huge compared to the North Koreans, the guy included Their gliding is quite allright - far better than epected. His costume looks a bit weird- as if it was made of fabrics the rest stopped using ages ago. It's kind of a velvet, but looks weird. Am not sure whether they are going to do anything - they just speed around, their coaches are tellingthem what to do every time it seems. Cepluha has an ice for himself alone almost. Koreans - step seq. They have no eye contact at all. He is busy looking down on the ice for some reason. I can't recall a single skater on that level whose eyes are in the ice all the time. Funilly enough it does not effect his posture. Chepluha is doing some fun fun fun fun moves, looks indeed funny on an empty ice. Again, the impression is that those are some unrelated juniors and he is a normal usual skater. Not sure why... neither had jumped anything yet, so it's rather hard to tell.
    Koreans split 2tw - nice, the rest of the team are sitting behind us and clapping crazily. Mozer and Morozov stayed here, not sure why. Perhaps they hope to learn something new from the North Korean skaters? Or from Cepluha? Am not sure which. I have mixed feelings about Chepluha - I liked the previous fpole better, but think Cepluha is actually quite good.

Koreans- some weird throw 3 jump. I cant spot what the entrance is. She df anyway..

Right... It's almost midnight. neither the Koreans nor Cepluha become any more interesting...

vCash
    Wow. Koreans a throw 3loop and a really bad fall. Cepluha started jumping as well in the mean while.
    Will he keep throwing her till she learns how to land. Another throw 3loop, she underotated again, but this time landed. Cepluha 3/3t
    Koreans throw3lz - she ur and df. Will they keep jumping till she learns? Ok, this is painful to watch.

vCash
    Are you saying the pair girls are in danger of hitting their heads on the roof of this rink if they arent in exactly the right spot?

I was trying to figure out how death spiral became todes when it hit me that you are German, or speaking it anyway.

I have liked Cieplucha in the past - hope he does well here.

Sounds like the battle of Mervin and Narumi is on. I am glad you are appreciating Rockne, a big favorite in the US. It is probably too soon in their partnership to expect much chemistry in competition - sounds like their elements are coming along great!

Your reports are super. Thanks!

vCash
    Thank you so much for your reports.

Cannot believe, with the wealth of Russian music to choose from for a free skate, that the Russian pairs champs are going with a West End score.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thank you for the practice reports, TAHbKA.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Thanks for all the reports, TAHbKA
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

Eh?
    vCash
    Thanks, TAHbKA! Looking forward to reading more of your comments!

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Found this clip on YouTube, of Ando doing a partial run through of her free skate to Firebird.

http://youtu.be/I0fPPaLcHWI

This is the same YouTube user who posted lots of clips from last year's event and there are other practice clips there from this year.

vCash
    Thank you, danafan.

Other skaters practice videos than Miki so far.

Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA JPN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGUCSVfHAK4
    Lindsay DAVIS / Rockne BRUBAKER USA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIIwB8Yjt5U
    Shari KOCH / Christian NÜCHTERN GER
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LIs4k4dLB4
    Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM CAN
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajmp3IywVeA
    Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN RUS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RxVNA9-J1U
    Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXnqhF-KE8M

In addition:
    A Russian fan, whose photos Sylvia posted here, tweeted about the jumps of Miki and Radionova in their practices. I'm not sure but supposedly these are not done in their runthrough.

Miki
    2A, 2A, 3Lo, 3Lz, 3Lz, 3Lz, 3Lz+2Lo, 3Lz, 2A, 2A+3T<, 2A+3T
    Radionova
    3F+3T, 3Lz+3T+3T, 2A, 3S+3T+3T, 3Lo, 3F+3T, 3F, 3Lz, 2A, 3Lo+2T, 2A
    Last edited by rosewood; 09-26-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: to add about jump practice
    "You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you'll just Smile."  --by john turner and geoffrey parsons

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    More practice photos thanks to the Russian fan: http://lizabet236.gallery.ru/?p=albums&parent=kUHU
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thank you guys for all the practice info! Have the Turkish pair showed up at all?

vCash
    WOW!!! Wonderful practice reviews! Thanks a lot!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheriepopo View Post
    Thank you guys for all the practice info! Have the Turkish pair showed up at all?
    They did at the nion practice yesterday, didbt at tge evening practice. taking the evening pracrice yesterday ended at 23.00 and the morning began at 6 i dont blame them.

The Russian fan/photographer name is julia

I dont spek a word in german, the rusdians yse Todes for death spural, sirry for confusion.

Watch the estonians today, they are on fire. Japan, Canada, USA and Russia. The rest are a.fridge break(

vCash
    C_T_T just came bach from the ladies practice this is a list of Andos elements: 3s, 2s, 3s, 3t, 2a, 2a, 3l, 3l, 3lz, 3lz/2l ccoso4 fssp3 2a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast