Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    The tasks have been really challenging, both physically and mentally. Eating 8 chunks of raw whale blubber & skin would have done most people in
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Glad the docs are gone too. She complained too much about being weak and not strong enough... what happened to being mentally strong enough to not allow yourself to be defeated by that? The sisters aren't big and burly either, yet they managed to do it (albeit with lots of whining too, although not as annoying somehow).

The whale blubber would have gotten me too, but for some reason I think that would be easier than some of the things we've seen people eat over the years... like the one guy said, just focus on the money at the end.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I'm getting this weird deja vu feeling with tonight's episode...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I'm getting this weird deja vu feeling with tonight's episode...
    Why?

For some reason the Tim's are bugging me. I liked them at the beginning. Loved the "what's the significance of a dime?"

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    Why?
    In B.C. they started replaying the previous week's episode. I left the TV room to do stuff on the computer and thought, "you know, maybe in the middle of the repeat the new show will come on". And that's exactly what happened. Five minutes in, I heard them switch off the old episode and start playing the new one. Weird.

As for the new episode, I'm peeved that nobody used the U-Turn. STOOPID! The top two teams had an opportunity to eliminate the team which has BEATEN them leg after leg after leg. To "play nice" is idiotic. It's like putting hotels on your Boardwalk property in Monopoly and then not charging anybody because you want to play a "clean game". There is no such thing as a dirty game, morons. Only a STUPID game.

vCash
    The Tims are my least favourite team although this week they somewhat redeemed themselves by not using the U-Turn. I'm a softie so I loved it that none of the teams used it - as someone said, it's just so Canadian I never watch reality shows (except for Battle of the Blades), but I'm enjoying this show because it is so Canadian. And I'm totally cheering for the brothers to win!

vCash
    Interview With John Mattatall

Q: You auditioned for the first season of Amazing Race Canada with Craig Buntin, who you used to compete against. What is your friendship like, what are your thoughts on the first season of Amazing Race Canada and will you be auditioning for season 2?

A: Craig and I met one sunny morning at the Hebert arena in St. Leo in June of 2005 and have been great friends ever since. One of my friends even said we perhaps were soul mates, if you believe in that stuff! Yes, we did submit a video and I have only watched 2 episodes of the show since it's premiere, however it's done extremely well. We are hoping that this means there will be another season put forward by CTV and if so definitely expect to see another video from the FIGURE SKATERS.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I can see the Tim's using a U Turn next week if they can. Telling that story must have been incredibly difficult.

vCash
    I caught up on a few episodes while visiting my parents and am pretty impressed with the show. I'm glad there were a few tasks that required teams to deal with a language barrier and I've been enjoying seeing familiar sights in some of the cities. Glad to hear that the doctors got booted on an episode I haven't seen yet. I don't mind the Tims, but I always have a hard time cheering for teams who survive multiple NELs, since I feel like they should have already been gone by now. The sisters seem ok even if they are completely hopeless with directions, but I can't say I would root for them to win. So I guess that leaves me cheering for Jody and Cory in the finale...

vCash
    I couldn't help but chuckle at the "language barrier" teams seemed to encounter in St. John's. I got every bit of the story and the screecher lol. As a Newfoundlander I loved the way our province was shown. They had some great footage, the busker task was excellent, and found it interesting that they crossed in Port au Basques and had to get driven across the island. Not sure about calling the chicken and egg task a typical thing though. Mom says it was very common in the past but not now.

Loved the connection to Terry Fox as well. It was fascinating to see the place you live and love showcased and to see other reactions to coming here.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    The finale is tonight - 3 family teams competing - brothers; sisters; and father and son. In the Survivor model, they're having a one hour "after the race" show with all the teams. It's a bit of a promo of the new CTV show "The Social" as well as being about TARC.

I'm happy that I'm able to watch it all from the Atlantic feed as I'll know the results in a few minutes

vCash
    It hasn't finished yet here. I'd be good with flags and possibly half the flowers. What is the flower for Quebec?

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Fleurs de lys (purple iris)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Fleurs de lys (purple iris)
    Thanks victorskid. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. The ditzy chicks still aren't my favourites.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    I'm pretty happy with the outcome. The ditzy chicks still aren't my favourites.
    I was hoping for the brothers but my second choice was the father and son. Definitely didn't want the sisters to win

Good news - CTV has picked it up for a second season - stay tuned next summer.

vCash
    Rather disappointed that the Tims won, especially since they came in last in not one by TWO NEL. I just have a hard time accepting a win by a team that should have been out of the race earlier. That being said, kudos to them not giving up in spite of dad's condition.

I really wanted it to be
    1) brothers
    2) sisters
    3) Tims
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I know. I was hoping for the brothers too. When they should them on the ferry and the brothers in the taxi and then cut to commercial I knew the brothers didn't make the ferry - it's too bad something like the time interval between the ferries helped to decide it. I would've preferred a foot race too the end.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I just have a hard time accepting a win by a team that should have been out of the race earlier.

Why should they have been out of the race?

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

Why should they have been out of the race?
    I think the rationale behind the comment is that they were last to the mat not once, but twice. They were lucky and were saved by the NEL not once, but twice. They also wasted a lot of time at the Zoo but they had been smart (on the advice of Tim Sr.'s wife) and had taken note of the flowers and flags at each pit stop. Even without his notes, Tim Sr. was able to breeze through that final task

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    They were lucky and were saved by the NEL not once, but twice.

How can somebody be saved when it's a non-elimination leg?? Saved from what? Non-elimination??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast