Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    They were only saved from elimination, despite being the last to the mat, because it was a non-elimination round, Peter
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post

How can somebody be saved when it's a non-elimination leg?? Saved from what? Non-elimination??
    They got damned lucky to hit non elimination twice when nobody else even got it once. And they didn't play the polite, Canadian way, they u-turned others. Doesn't matter if the U-turn was in the rules, it's just not done if you're a nice Canadian.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    They were only saved from elimination, despite being the last to the mat, because it was a non-elimination round, Peter
    But you can't be "saved from elimination"...when it's a NON-elimination round!

Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    They got damned lucky to hit non elimination twice when nobody else even got it once. And they didn't play the polite, Canadian way, they u-turned others. Doesn't matter if the U-turn was in the rules, it's just not done if you're a nice Canadian.
    So when Canadians play chess, they never remove any of their opponents pieces...because they're a nice Canadian??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Well, do you remember the Canadian Olympic sailors, who stopped in the middle of a race to help out another country's sailors? That's what you're supposed to do in Amazing Race.

You can't ask me about Chess, I don't play.

Now, hockey is another story altogether.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    I'm with you on this one. They also had a habit of following other teams instead of looking for things themselves. I feel like the team who least deserved it won - I would have been fine with anyone else.

vCash
    It was a Truly Canadian win though.... the winners were " Tim's!" It would have been funny if Tim's had actually been a sponsor...lol

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    Warning - the last team to arrive may be eliminated...
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    But you can't be "saved from elimination"...when it's a NON-elimination round!
    Well, I would still say that they were lucky that both times they were last to the mat, it happened to be a non-elim. I don't think there is any point in getting hung up on semantics. I realize that the NEL is part of the game, but I don't really like it and wish it wasn't. I generally feel like teams who survive NELs don't really deserve to be there anymore, but I can kind of get past it when it's a team that only has it happen once...kind of harder when it happens twice. I'm also less excited about teams who win the race who have not won any other legs. So that's two reasons why I'm not thrilled with them as winners. Again, I know it's the way the game works but it sure doesn't make for a very satisfying conclusion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by minuet View Post
    I couldn't help but chuckle at the "language barrier" teams seemed to encounter in St. John's. I got every bit of the story and the screecher lol. As a Newfoundlander I loved the way our province was shown. They had some great footage, the busker task was excellent, and found it interesting that they crossed in Port au Basques and had to get driven across the island. Not sure about calling the chicken and egg task a typical thing though. Mom says it was very common in the past but not now.

Loved the connection to Terry Fox as well. It was fascinating to see the place you live and love showcased and to see other reactions to coming here.
    I was in St John's about a month after TARC. Our whale watching cruise left from about where the shuttles dropped them off. We went to the Terry Fox monument and answered a Parks Canada survey in the bunker next to the Cape Spear pit stop.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345