Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    The two things that continue to amaze me every week are:

(1) Teams that do not read the clues in detail.
    (2) Teams that are incapable of reading a map.

I realize there's probably a lot of adrenaline pumping and teams are just trying to move as quickly as possible, but the amount of time that teams are losing not doing the above is blowing my mind. When Jet and Dave kept re-filling the coal cart last night thinking that was the problem, I wanted to scream! And the girls asking for directions and then STILL not having any idea where they were going? AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

vCash
    I keep thinking that if Craig & John had been picked they'd be kicking butt right now.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Yeah I'm surprised they weren't in a way. The same production company does Battle of the Blades and countless skating specials in the past going right back to You Must Remember This - in other words they know skating, so I thought Craig and John would be a slam dunk for this.

vCash
    Sad about Kristen and Darren. Impressed with the doctors building a raft though! Can't wait to see them join the Mounties.

Skating supporter
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    vCash
    How to waste an express pass
    Can't skate but love to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    How to waste an express pass
    Yeah, haven't we seen something similar just recently?
    Crazy about sports!

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Wow - some surprises tonight!

vCash
    I still like Hal and Joanne.

vCash
    WOW, not real happy with the ending but then I'm liking almost all the pairs -- except the sisters. For some reason they just get on my last nerve and I don't know why. They aren't THAT annoying and yet, they bother me.

Kudos to the doctors for managing to beat Hal and Joanne when both teams had to do both road blocks -- particularly he-doctor (his name escapes me and I feel too lazy to look it up).

Quebec next week and again, knowing French seems to be an asset in that province. Le sigh ... (Quebec = French, TROC (the rest of Canada) = bilingual; go figure).
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Tuned in tonight for the first time. The lady doctor is so annoying. So are the sisters. Sorry to see Joanne and Hal leave compared to those first two mentioned teams.

Skating supporter
    vCash
    Since some folks thought that Hal and Joanne should not have been cast in the first place, I'm a bit relieved that they've been eliminated and will no longer be a "factor". I thought it was a good move by the Tims to U-turn them.

I was shocked that Holly & Brett (the doctors) were able to do the football tasks so quickly, especially since they've freely admitted to not being at all athletic and she claimed to be so physically exhausted.

I too am bothered by the sisters, despite the fact that they're from Ottawa (where I live) I can't really bring myself to cheer for them.

After a so-so start, Jet and Dave make me smile (and sometimes shake my head).

I'm enjoying the Canadian race so far and would be happy with almost anyone (except the sisters) winning.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Is it just me, or did Jet and Dave come across as major league douchebags last night? They made some of the American teams we've seen look downright humble and insightful. Oh, and I just checked the Amazing Race website...and Jet's last name is...Black... (And what's up with Dave's hair?? It's almost as painful to look at than it is to listen to three seconds of the host's high pitch squeals! I think it's even worse than some of the birdnests we've seen on top of Daisuke's head! )

Quote Originally Posted by KatieC View Post
    I still like Hal and Joanne.
    Yes, they were a great team. It was very smart for the Tim's to take them out. Jet and Dave knew that Hal and Joanne were stiff competition, but chose to do nothing...leaving the dirty work to the Tim's. If I was playing with somebody, I would say, "we ALWAYS have to use the U-Turn". It doesn't matter if you are doing well in the leg. You have to look at who is most likely to beat you at the very end for the big prize. And if you can U-Turn them now and get out the big competition early, that's smart game play.

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    WOW, not real happy with the ending but then I'm liking almost all the pairs -- except the sisters.
    Vanessa & Celina have gotten the villain edit. It's just that they're not giving the editors much to work with! Although with last night's episode, they did show one of them laughing at another team's joke that was kind of sweet. So maybe they're realizing that they're looking bad and are lightening up.

Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Since some folks thought that Hal and Joanne should not have been cast in the first place...
    What have you heard? I can't think of any reason why they shouldn't have been cast.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Is it just me, or did Jet and Dave come across as major league douchebags last night? They made some of the American teams we've seen look downright humble and insightful. Oh, and I just checked the Amazing Race website...and Jet's last name is...Black... (And what's up with Dave's hair?? It's almost as painful to look at than it is to listen to three seconds of the host's high pitch squeals! I think it's even worse than some of the birdnests we've seen on top of Daisuke's head! )
    I put Jet and Dave in the "harmless douchebags" category. I'd much rather watch/listen to them than some of the colossal assholes we've seen on the US version. ("VICTORIAAAAAAAAA!!!!") When they introduced them in the first episode, I was prepared to hate them, but instead I've found them entertaining and even endearing at times. That said, I thought Jet was behaving like a serious moron during the RCMP challenge. The military guy was so much more respectful (and better at the task!).

vCash
    Is Jet the one that's a police officer? He acted like he was going to ace the RCMP challenge and my thought was boy, are you wrong. My Dad was RCMP and I've known a couple, no way is a city officer going to match up with RCMP training.

A bit disgusted with the Tim's for getting rid of Hal and Joanne. I liked them up til that point.

vCash
    So anyone watching tonight? Love the struggles with French. Don't think I'd get spinach either.

vCash
    I have to say, the team that bothers me the most are the doctors. Very arrogant. I find it interesting that obviously intelligent people can be so socially and emotionally immature. Holly particularly, has very little frustration tolerance and when she becomes frustrated, she acts so immaturely. I wish they would go home.

My favorite team was Hal and Joanne. I also like the Tim's, but was very disappointed when the put Hal and Joanne out of the race. Not cool, IMHO.

I also find Jet and Dave to be quite amusing... there is not a lot of humor in this show, so I do enjoy some of their comments.

And, I really like Jon Montgomery as host! Manitoba boy!!

vCash
    I was prepared not to like Dave and Jet but I do find them funny. I was watching hte interview after one of the other teams was eliminated (can't remember who) and they said Jet and Dave were actually really quick and funny. Dislike Brett and Holly. They keep talking about how being doctors they are used to working well under pressure, but I have to say it does not look like they do any better than anyone else.... and they whine so much!!!!!

Liked it this week. I enjoy the show. I was prepared to really dislike this show since they are only staying in Canada, but I"m pleasantly surprised. It's much better than the family version that was tried a few seasons back.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    My favorite team was Hal and Joanne. I also like the Tim's, but was very disappointed when the put Hal and Joanne out of the race. Not cool, IMHO.
    Do you quit playing Monopoly when you land on someone's Boardwalk property with all the hotels and they expect you to pay them money?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Do you quit playing Monopoly when you land on someone's Boardwalk property with all the hotels and they expect you to pay them money?
    Haha! You are really funny... I get that it's a game, I still think it's not cool.

Glad the doctors are gone...

vCash
    I didn't watch tonight but happy to read the docs are gone ... she drove me crazy!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast