Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by succubus View Post
    I'm a really good person - separate my laundry into the right colors/whites loads, shower every day, watch PBS Newshour without dozing off more than 2 or 3 times. Why am I not getting the recognition and respect I deserve? I can only assume that most people are jerks and haterzzzz.
    You're only showering once per day????????? Nyet, you MUST shower at least 2 or 3 times during the day.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Sheets are whites? Fabric softener in towels???

Clearly you are a fan and not a judge.
    Yes, and it's a must. I use Snuggle fabric softener sheets in the dryer. It makes my towels and washcloths very soft and snugly.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    How soon we forget the Kwandress and the fabric softener that conjured visions of angels and clouds...
    How could I forget! Also, it was much more difficult to launder Vera Wangs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Yes, and it's a must. I use Snuggle fabric softener sheets in the dryer. It makes my towels and washcloths very soft and snugly.
    Except fabric softener coats fibers and eventually you make your towels waterproof. They lose their absorbancy
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    Except fabric softener coats fibers and eventually you make your towels waterproof. They lose their absorbancy
    Oh dear! I do so want my towels to have absorbancy. It would defeat the purpose of even using a towel to dry off after the shower. Sometimes, I prefer to take a bath so I can use my bath salts. I'll just stop using the fabric softener sheets for awhile. I appreciate the tip.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    AND you must the Snuggle bear for higher PCS. He has HUGE influence with

I bet the judges would also appreciate it if you DVR'd the PBS NewsHour and gave a running commentary while showing it to them.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I bet the judges would just "snuggle" up to that fact!
    Angie

vCash
    White laundry is too easy. To get really high LCS (Laundry Component Score), you must master the fine are of keeping your Brights bright and your Darks from fading. That requires specialized laundry soap and extra training in Cycles and Temperature Control.

But to really excel, you must make your own all-natural laundry detergent and do all your own ironing as well.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    Sekret Sources have told me that you are using an HE washer with HE detergent.

That is so 6.0

Alas, these days, you must master the technique of cleaning your HE washer so that neither it nor your laundary stink. We're getting that tell tale whiff!
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5114938AAEXpct

Alas, you have done no vinegar rinse nor check of the seal lately.

There is a mandatory deductions of -2, imposed by the referee, and which cannot be appealed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    White laundry is too easy. To get really high LCS (Laundry Component Score), you must master the fine are of keeping your Brights bright and your Darks from fading. That requires specialized laundry soap and extra training in Cycles and Temperature Control.
    This is FSU. The only dark that truly matters is purple.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    You are sooo right. I mean, really! Who wants stinky laundry, especially when trying to master the technique!
    Angie

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Laundry skills are not the mark of a true arteest.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I think the whiff of Gain Island Fresh detergent and Pert shampoo are doing you in.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I know this is a 'Trash can' but aren't we supposed to talk about skating here?

vCash
    But surely some skating apparel requires washing! And it would be too much to ask succubus to do the laundary while skating.

However, she/he could watch the McNeil Lehrer report on her cellphone while skating! That would surely be level 4 TV viewing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    But surely some skating apparel requires washing!
    I think I get negative GOE on washing my skating apparel. Practice clothes just go in the regular wash/dryer. (After 6 years I've lost a few crystals on the ankles of my pants through this method.)

My performance dresses go in a delicate bag in the laundry and I lay them flat to dry. But I'm not hand washing... (I know some people who don't wash them!)

So far no laundry mishaps, but my dress brushed against a bleached counter in the bathroom so I sadly have a bleached out spot on my skirt. I'm too poor to care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    So far no laundry mishaps, but my dress brushed against a bleached counter in the bathroom so I sadly have a bleached out spot on my skirt. I'm too poor to care.
    My dress has some color variation effect on the shoulder because I left it on my dresser for several weeks and the sun shone in the window and bleached it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I know this is a 'Trash can' but aren't we supposed to talk about skating here?
    Well, but isn't succubus "skating on thin ice," in whining about how showering and doing the laundry day in and day out is an entitlement to receiving huzzah huzzahs and a larger share of recognition instead of disdain and a dismissive bag of nuts? Showering goes a long way toward preventing people from turning up their nose at you succubus and looking askance. And it sucks to know it, but doing the laundry exceedingly well or devastatingly poorly usually gains no one nuthin' but just more dirty laundry ad infinitum. Whining will likely get you nuthin' either but the opportunity to BE LIKE PATRICK, that is like PC after a few disappointing skates.

I do think succubus deserves at least mucho positive GOE for starting this thread in the first place. Trash Can is an appropriate abode, IMO. After all, Vash01, give succubus some slack ... superior laundry skills should allow for a few mistakes in FSU thread-placement aptitude, even tho' it might be setting an unfortunate precedent.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    I give you +3GOE for showering regularly.
    Which is why Johnny Depp will never win the OGM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Laundry skills are not the mark of a true arteest.
    Thank you! Now if he/she tried air drying a towel or a sheet in one hand over their head while in the catchfoot position,
    I could respect that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast