Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    No, Ft. Lauderdale. I think the "office" (boiler room) was next door to a "pain clinic" (drug dealer's place of business). I went to several scam type sales rooms at that time, including one that promised if you really hate men and want to get revenge on them, you could make 5k and more monthly in phone chat. I guess the premise was you pretended to be a cheerleader or somesuch, and kept them them coming back for more until they had spent all their money? I did not hate men sufficiently to get the job.
    Egad! What a sales pitch: hate men and get a job plus revenge! The mind boggles.

vCash
    Egad! What a sales pitch: hate men and get a job plus revenge! The mind boggles.
    Someday I will tell you the tale of the time I worked as a phone chat female Russian body builder who perfected my choke holds while in the KGB. I really put a lot of heart and research into that gig.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I remember an old scam we used to have to watch out for at the office I worked at. These people would call and claim to service your copy machines and what not. They would say they needed to check your machine and ask for some number on the machine. If you gave it to them they could then know exactly what kind of toner you had and would send you all sorts of toner and a HUGE bill for it. They were very sneaky. What made it worse was that sometimes the ACTUAL people who serviced our machine would call and we had a hard time figuring out who to trust.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    ^^^I get those calls all the time. Also calls for our "IT Dept." - my co-worker who handles our computer system wants those calls going straight into his voice mail. The formula is simple where I work - unless you do business with us already, we don't have to speak to you.

vCash
    Well, look at that... I received a letter saying that I qualified for two free round trip airline tickets. No company address, short time offer, no info on why I was chosen, etc. Wish it was true, but I know better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I get these calls fairly often and I just hang up on them. LOL
    I also throw away anything I receive in the mail from these "offers".

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I remember an old scam we used to have to watch out for at the office I worked at. These people would call and claim to service your copy machines and what not. They would say they needed to check your machine and ask for some number on the machine. If you gave it to them they could then know exactly what kind of toner you had and would send you all sorts of toner and a HUGE bill for it. They were very sneaky. What made it worse was that sometimes the ACTUAL people who serviced our machine would call and we had a hard time figuring out who to trust.
    Reminds me of one from years ago - I worked in a mall, and someone would come around claiming that mall management had contracted them in inspect fire extinguishers, and expect you to pay from the till. Since much of the time the person manning the store was a part timer or teenager, a lot fell for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Someday I will tell you the tale of the time I worked as a phone chat female Russian body builder who perfected my choke holds while in the KGB. I really put a lot of heart and research into that gig.

Interesting life you lead!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123