Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cain was already at Nebelhorn. Spread the wealth!

vCash
    Cain was already assigned to Nebelhorn where she won the bronze medal. I doubt she would get another international assignment at this point. The other ladies at Mids are Bell, Long and Miller, who all did JGPs. It's possible that Alissa could get Ice Challenge. But it wouldn't look good if she did all doubles there and finished off the podium, even if she did make the minimums in the process.

vCash
    In the past, USFS has rewarded singles skaters who previously medaled in their first Senior B by assigning them to a second one (Messing and Aaron last year, for example). That said, I know USFS usually prefers not to give a bye through Sectionals to singles skaters who don't already have one.

Alissa can still be assigned to a Senior B after Mids (maybe USFS is waiting for her to qualify for Nationals first?).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I remember reading the last article on Czisny, which stated her team was gunning (hoping) for a slot at Coupe International de Nice at the end of this month. That obviously didn't happen, so I wonder what happened that even Flatt is getting sent instead?

Her choices are a little tough - (1) Sectionals to face a tough field and slight possibility of elimination; or (2) Ice Challenge, to avoid Sectionals but risking embarrassment of a subpar performance which wouldn't do her any good internationally. I sincerely hope she simply dialed it back at Regionals, doing what she had to, and her lack of jumps is not a manifestation of a more serious problem.

vCash
    I know neither competition is on the USFS site, but maybe Alissa could go to either the NRW Trophy or Golden Spin of Zagreb, both of which are in early December, provided that she qualifies to nationals from sectionals?

If he manages to get healthy, Lysacek needs a late international, too...although the odds of him ever competing again are of course very debatable!

vCash
    My guess is she either goes to Ice Challenge in Austria or withdraws from Sectionals. Beautiful, beautiful skater, with exceptional skills in all areas except jumps, at the moment. Regarding jumps, her practice ice (this is confirmed by someone who watched) and programs were not strong at EGL. Austria will give her a bit more wiggle room than Sectionals when it comes to executing jumps on demand. When judged against the other talented girls at Mids, Alissa will struggle to post a top 4 score. I suspect her team and USFS know this by now and are carefully weighing the next step.

Love Alissa and wish her well in all her endeavors. If the fate of healing shines on her, may she reach her Olympic dream!

vCash
    I will be really shocked if they send her to an international because of her lack of triples at regionals.

Didn't they not let Kimmie Meissner go to a GP because she only had three triples (toe, salchow and loop)?

A much more palatable way to clear Alissa's path to Nationals is to give Cain the 2nd Senior B.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco;4014538}
    A much more palatable way to clear Alissa's path to Nationals is to give Cain the 2nd Senior B.
    And Ashley has earned it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    And Ashley has earned it.
    Agreed. I just didn't know if they'd send her to a second Senior B this fall.

vCash
    Someone asked if she had Slovak blood. I spent a considerable amount of time searching the internet to try to find out what the national origin of her surname is and came up, to my surprise, empty handed. Does anyone know?

vCash
    KIDS' QUESTIONS - DECEMBER 2005 ALISSA CZISNY: http://www.usfsa.org/Magazine.asp?id=57&issue=32361
    Is your last name Russian or Ukrainian? My last name is Russian.
    Alisa Chernomashentsev, 9 Jacksonville, Fla.

My last name is shortened from a Prussian name. Prussia no longer exists as a country, but it was in the area of present-day Germany, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Russia. I am also of Swedish, Norwegian, English, French, Russian, and Icelandic descent. That makes me one of the many Americans that fit into the description of the "melting pot" of America.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I think if Czisny has demonstrated competition readiness she would have been assigned already. I guess she hasnt proven readiness yet. What is the min she is supposed to get?
    If anyone in the field deserves a sr B it is Cain who is in v good shape and it also results in an easier MW field
    ITA. If they want to make it easier for Czisny, send someone who is likely to beat her to an international for experience. Czisny doesn't need to exposure and, as much as I like her skating, if she isn't landing triples, she needs to earn her way through Sectionals the same way RF is. (RF was also injured last season.)
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    In the past, USFS has rewarded singles skaters who previously medaled in their first Senior B by assigning them to a second one (Messing and Aaron last year, for example). That said, I know USFS usually prefers not to give a bye through Sectionals to singles skaters who don't already have one.

Alissa can still be assigned to a Senior B after Mids (maybe USFS is waiting for her to qualify for Nationals first?).
    The problem is the new qualifying rules... that seems to dictate to me that USFS send as many people as possible to get the 'required' score just in case...

Not saying they should or should not send Alissa, but they may want to spread the events around more now.

vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia. Should have just asked here rather than searching for so long.

Title-less
    vCash
    Going by the JGP short program, it's possible Miller hasn't completely gotten back to her old form since her foot surgery. Given that, I think Cain and Bell are likely contenders for 1-2 at Midwestern and the last two spots up for grabs among Long, Carly Gold, Miller and Czisny.

I hope they are all healthy by then and skate their best

vCash
    How does Miller's showing at Estonia play into the Alyssa situation..?

vCash
    My assumption is that Hannah Miller is still getting her confidence back after her injury layoff this summer. Midwestern Sectionals will be held at Miller's home club rink so she will have a lot of support there. It should be a good competition with Alissa, Hannah, Mariah Bell (SW Regional winner), and Ashley Cain (SW bye), plus Barbie Long and Carly Gold, who are among the Senior ladies competing at UGL Regionals in next week.

vCash
    Over in the K&C poster chipso1 said that Alissa's Regionals FS is up on IN, so I checked it out and she honestly looks really really good.

Her doubles were done with ease, especially her 2axels (+GOE btw), and she still has her innate elegance, posture, spins, and smile. And her dress is nice per usual, though I honestly wish she would have skated to "La Vie En Rose" again (her signature piece imho) in that beautiful breathtaking pink dress.

http://web.icenetwork.com/video/?content_id=31152773 (she starts at approximately 24:30; btw Yuko Sato's hair is shorter and looks lighter with blonde streak).

vCash
    I thought Alissa's double axels looked much better than in the past, but her skating seemed slow and cautious, and her spins were not nearly as fast and impressive. Don't know if that's a result of the new levels requirements or if she's lost her confidence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver View Post
    I thought Alissa's double axels looked much better than in the past, but her skating seemed slow and cautious, and her spins were not nearly as fast and impressive. Don't know if that's a result of the new levels requirements or if she's lost her confidence.
    Or maybe (just a thought) it's a result of her just having returned to skating after a bad injury. ;P

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast