Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Alissa Czisny--Any Updates?

I saw some pictures of Alissa in skates at the Figure Skating in Harlem. Did anyone see her skate? I was just wondering what her current status is and if there has been any word on her plans for this year.

vCash
    Jennifer Kirk recently interviewed Czisny for The Skating Lesson podcast... stay tuned!

@SkatingLesson tweeted on April 29:
    "Got great training footage of 2-time US champ earlier today and spoke to her about her comeback and career. #champion" http://pic.twitter.com/mDu8THVPg0

ETA that she is scheduled to perform in "Artistry on Ice" in June (not yet clear if it will be the 1 in Taiwan and/or the 3 in China): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...e-10-14-amp-16

ETA photo on Kirk's Instagram of her interviewing Alissa: http://instagram.com/p/YtMKQULKgZ/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-02-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Funny I was just thinking about posting this thread since I haven't heard anything. Thanks!

vCash
    I am so excited for Alissa. I look forward to seeing her skate...anywhere, anytime.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Tweeted by TSL @SkatingLesson: Practice footage taken last Monday (4/29) of two-time US champion Alissa Czisny performing her 2014 long program (without jumps): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiI2BgwTeg

ETA: Czisny's "Gone with the Wind" FS was choreographed this past season by Marina Zoueva, and I believe the first half includes music from "Ice Palace Suite" (derived from the score of the 1960 film, Ice Palace) composed by Max Steiner, who also composed the score for GWTW.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-03-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    She's still not jumping?

vCash
    That program is really lovely and so well-suited to Alissa; I'm looking forward to seeing it next season. Many skaters do run throughs of their programs without jumps, even in competition practices, so I don't think this is indicative of whether or not she is jumping at the moment.

Thank you Sylvia for posting these links and to the Skating Lesson as well. Any idea when the interview with her will be posted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Tweeted by TSL @SkatingLesson: Practice footage taken last Monday (4/29) of two-time US champion Alissa Czisny performing her 2014 long program (without jumps): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiI2BgwTeg
    Great music choice for her.

vCash
    I would love to see her do 2 combo spins and make her layback the closing part of the last combo spin. She would gain .8 for replacing the layback with an L4 change foot combo, plus she would only really need to show 1 or 2 features in the layback part of her combo spin. 4 features in a layback always seems a bit busy. She could also make the 2nd combo a flying spin if she started with a flying back sit. I don't think she did her flying camel in the video. While that might not mean anything, it is a very difficult flying entrance and perhaps it stresses her hip. If she added a 2nd combo spin with a flying entrance, then she could replace the flying camel with a change foot camel for her spin in one position.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    The Skating Lesson/Jennifer Kirk's interview with Alissa is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ce_LC7-hb4
    She plans to have a new short program for the 2013-14 season.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-07-2013 at 07:11 PM.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    So glad to hear from her mouth what happened in Appleton! It was a long wait to find out the details. I'm surprised she sat on the ice for an hour though. Her butt must have been frozen.

I love her positive attitude after everything that has happened to her. Most skaters probably would have given up. Her desire to compete this year is a gift.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    What an inspiration! I'm pulling so hard for her to get to Sochi.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    So am I.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Great job, Jennifer! Very well done piece.

And Alissa, so heartbreaking but also so inspiring! Best of luck in the coming season. I really enjoyed watching Alissa do a run through of GWTW even without the jumps. She has such a lovely, fluid quality when just stroking around the rink.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I wish she was doing something a little more...challenging...than Gone with the Wind. It's a pleasant piece of music and can be epic depending on the cut, but I just think someone of her calibre is capable of a real signature piece with something more unusual or mature.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The Skating Lesson/Jennifer Kirk's interview with Alissa is up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ce_LC7-hb4
    She plans to have a new short program for the 2013-14 season.
    UHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just love her soooooooo much

Sooo rooting for her

vCash
    Loved the interview and Alissa's response to the questions. I wish her the very best for the coming season and beyond. Certainly hope to see her compete and Nationals.

vCash
    Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing her compete in the Grand Prix competitions and US Nationals. Next season is going to be one of the most interesting seasons in a long time.

vCash
    Here's hoping Alissa at long last makes the Olympic Team and can fulfill her dream.

ps: sooooo glad the American women have 3 spots this year, YEAH!!!!

vCash
    I so badly want Alissa to make the team. Thank goodness for 3 spots, she may have a shot at it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast