vCash

Kwan speaking on a panel about sports, sacrifice, setting goals

This is recent, from last week

People have accused her of sounding stilted in the past. But I think she's speaking more smoothly and naturally than ever! She has really matured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fWD8wE0BFs

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    This is recent, from last week

People have accused her of sounding stilted in the past. But I think she's speaking more smoothly and naturally than ever! She has really matured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fWD8wE0BFs
    Thanks so much!

vCash
    Thanks for posting. I saw the announcement of this panel discussion recently. I wondered whether clips would be available. Thanks again!

ETA:

This is a wonderful panel discussion for young athletes and for everyone. I love how Michelle beautifully answered the question about sacrifice, even after the interesting interruption from another panelist. And all of the panelists, including the moderator have such perceptive and inspiring things to say that we can all learn from. "Take small steps ... ask questions, know where it is you want to go, and make responsible choices to get there." Above all, "don't worry, have fun, take in all of your experiences both good and bad, and appreciate the body God gave you."

It's too bad the video abruptly ended, but I suppose they were beginning to wrap up and open the mike for audience questions. Cool that there were a lot of young skaters in the audience.

I never recall Michelle mentioning her shyness before. She has definitely grown a lot in her ability to speak with more ease and eloquence, although she has always possessed poise and grace. It was fun hearing her discuss how much Brian Boitano has been her role model and impacted her skating career in a positive way. Also, it's really cool to hear her talk about the fortuitous Chinese state dinner at the White House, where her poise, curiosity and forthrightness while speaking with Condoleeza Rice ultimately led to her journey in public service, and indeed to many other good things, including wonderful relationships and fulfilling opportunities to give back, one step at a time.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 05-01-2013 at 10:26 PM.