vCash

Maurizio Margaglio: "I think we are losing part of ability in ice dance"

Hello everyone! I am posting again another interview by Laura (Pingu) and me. We had the opportunity to talk to Maurizio Margaglio this time and he had many interesting things to say about his vision of ice dance, his role in Finland and much more. This time, Wintersport-news.com is hosting our article, it's an italian winter sports online magazine curated by, among others, Max Ambesi the italian Eurosport commentator.

We hope you'll enjoy it and we'd love to have your feedback

http://www.wintersport-news.com/12004,News.html

vCash
    Thanks. Enjoyed reading it and I agree with his concerns regarding "ice technique" vs "ice dance".

vCash
    Thanks for posting, it was a very nice interview. I especially liked reading about synchro skating and also the comparison between ballroom dancing and ice dancing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleonorad View Post
    Hello everyone! I am posting again another interview by Laura (Pingu) and me. We had the opportunity to talk to Maurizio Margaglio this time and he had many interesting things to say about his vision of ice dance, his role in Finland and much more. This time, Wintersport-news.com is hosting our article, it's an italian winter sports online magazine curated by, among others, Max Ambesi the italian Eurosport commentator.

We hope you'll enjoy it and we'd love to have your feedback

http://www.wintersport-news.com/12004,News.html
    Thanks so much for doing this and sharing it with us! I'm really pleased with all the interviews people have been doing lately. Interesting questions, substance!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Thank you so much!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    You are all welcome
    In a few weeks Eleonora and I will probably start conducting the summer interviews we did last year with many Italian Senior skaters, any suggestion is appreciated of course.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    You are all welcome
    In a few weeks Eleonora and I will probably start conducting the summer interviews we did last year with many Italian Senior skaters, any suggestion is appreciated of course.
    Could you interview that ex-rollerskating world champion who started to train figure skating? I don't remember his name but it would be interesting to hear how he is progressing.

vCash
    Mille Grazie, Laura e Eleonora! A very good and interesting interwiew, with more depth than many. From the Finnish wiew, it is really interesting, but in general also. I really appreciate the work Maurizio has done here.

vCash
    Thank you, interesting interview.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    Could you interview that ex-rollerskating world champion who started to train figure skating? I don't remember his name but it would be interesting to hear how he is progressing.
    Dario Betti perhaps? I'd like to read this interview myself, if it has the same depth as the one with Margaglio it will be worth reading for sure.

vCash
    Maurizio is a very intelligent man and it's always a pleasure to talk with him, or to listen to him speaking about skating.
    Thanks for the link !

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    You are all welcome
    I hope you do one with Charlene and Marco. London Worlds was my first chance to see them live, and I really appreciated their talent and programs!
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I imagine that you are referring to Matteo Guarise. he's a pair skater with Nicole della Monica. Here's what wiki has to say about them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Guarise

They're not doing too badly considering they've only been skating together for a short time and he had to learn skating all over again!

vCash
    Dario Betti - eleonorad posted about him transitioning from roller to ice in the Italian news thread back in February: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3842446

Adding my thanks to both of you for the Margaglio interview!

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I hope you do one with Charlene and Marco. London Worlds was my first chance to see them live, and I really appreciated their talent and programs!
    I'd like to read an in-depth interview with Charlene Guignard/Marco Fabbri as well.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-06-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes, Dario Betti was his name. I didn't realize there are several Italian rollerskating world champions who have started to do ice skating so if you could do an update about him, it would make me very happy!

vCash
    As someone asked more infos about Dario Betti, here is the summary of the press conference that was held on Tuesday at the Agorà ice rink about his switch to figure skating.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    Did he mean the ability for a man to glide around on two feet while the far more talented women drags him around the ice while doing tons of twizzles and steps around him. Yes he is right we lost that talent since teams like that never get anywhere today, but I dont think most mind.