Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Stay away from that man!! He's trouble. There's a much better one coming in a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    Stay away from that man!! He's trouble. There's a much better one coming in a few years.
    This for me too.

Also - "that pretty, popular girl in fifth grade who's really, really mean to you? She's not worth it. Don't let her ruin your self-esteem and self-confidence."

vCash
    "Take more risks, be more adventurous."

This is still something I'm working on

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Sinatra had it right. Do it your way!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I would tell myself to live in the dorms at LSU as I really feel I missed out on a huge social part of college life by having my own apartment. I would also tell myself back in high school to PAY ATTENTION IN ANY MATH CLASS. My options were so limited in college because so many majors required math work I knew I would not be capable of.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    To start exercising, like I do now, earlier. To stay out of the sun. Most importantly, to stop and enjoy the present more. And to not wish my life away. As in I can't wait for... It seems we find ourselves to be 10 years older and wondering where the time went. Hopefully, I can learn not to do that now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I'm pretty sure my younger self wouldn't have listened to anything I might have told me.
    Probably the most realistic answer to the question.

vCash
    I would have told myself to go to college sooner. Yet, if I did that, I wouldn't have made the friends that I have. (since a lot of them weren't born yet.)

vCash
    I mentioned this one before in another thread but I wish I had heard earlier "Sit by the river bank as you watch your enemies slowly float by".
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Take chances when you're young: Apply for your dream job even if you might not have the qualifications, Study abroad, Approach that guy/girl that you're attracted too. etc.

Find mentors, either professionally or personally.

Develop and grow/maintain relationships. No one is going to knock down your door to look for you and this is even more true when you're older. I'm paraphrasing this line from an episode of Designing Women: "If you keep pushing people away, one day you'll find yourself with no one to push away from."

Like yourself. If you hate the way you look now, in 10 years you'll wish you still look like you do today.

Perhaps I should've listened to my parents and gone to Medical or Dental school and then I would be "set" for life.

(Have outrageous only-in-the-movie sex )

Living in a Snark
    vCash
    "Do you see that tall,dark and handsome law student? Get away from him NOW!" and "Stop waining about how you can't afford to go to Europe and do the math for a change, you'll be surprised".
    Finally, to my 11 year old self it shoud be "See that chocolate? don't eat it, you don't have your fathers' tyroid"
    Last edited by D&Sfan4ever; 04-30-2013 at 02:11 AM.
    D&S 2006 and 2007 World Gold Medalists

vCash
    Stop playing it safe and do what you wanted to do instead of putting it off....like traveling right after university... you should have done that!!!

Don't be such a herd member. Go do those things even though your friends aren't interested.

Be nicer to that guy. He was the one and you pushed him away because you didn't think you were good enough, which was WRONG.

and go to college sooner. University was great, but if you'd gone to college after that right away instead of waiting 8 years, you would have been working longer and making more money.

vCash
    I agree with Southpaw, I wouldn't have listened, but what i might have said:

those "cool kids" are not worth your time. Find the people who are nice to others, they are the important people in life.

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I'm pretty sure my younger self wouldn't have listened to anything I might have told me.
    This.

So if I could have gotten the headstrong beyotch to listen, I'd tell her that fixing damaged men is not the pathway to happiness, that obsession does not equal love and that self-discipline is not equivalent to boring.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Never allow yourself to be a doormat, no guy is worth it.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I would tell myself that on April 18, 2010, at 9:50 pm at night, don't flippantly blow off an important decision that pretty much alters the course of your life ...for the worse. I'd live through all the stupid decisions and suckiness my life has been just to change that one moment in time. Other than that I would tell myself:

Save every freaking dime you can! Don't spend money on crap!! Save save save save save!!

And most importantly .... don't be a beyotch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    Relax.
    That would be mine, too.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    unless you are in some sort of financial crisis, working 70 + hrs/wk is excessive
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Mom is right. Just accept it.

get a kid earlier. Pregnancy is not scary.

Don't let good friendships slide
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

vCash
    Don't sweat the small stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast