Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Take the therapy the hospital offered.

I really wish the pyschologist I refused to talk to, since I had a physical injury, not a mental/emotional one would have done a better job of explaining the long term, non-physical effects my injury might cause for me.

vCash
    Pick the oboe.

That job is a bad idea. ...That one too.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    I would tell my younger self that God had a whole new plan for me regarding what the future held; that it would make me appreciate the gift of life even more and try to share those blessings with others.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    I would tell myself to spend more time at home with my parents, they won't be around for long.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Stay out of the sun.
    Drink more water.
    Don't quit piano, quit ballet instead. (Your joints will love you for it, and you can play piano in your old age).
    Spend your junior year in Paris.
    Take your first job in a city that has decent weather.
    Don't take a job that requires 12 or more hours of work a day.
    Take 2 of those work hours and exerise instead.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Let it go.
    No man is better than the wrong man.
    Keep those baseball cards in a safe place, where you can find them in forty years.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Tinami 2012
    vCash
    All great advice.

Not that I'd listen to my older self, but I'd tell my younger self....
    Be young. Have fun. Worry less -- especially about money. Travel more. Spend more. Focus on strengths and not on weaknesses. Be easier on yourself. And everyone for that matter. Especially your mother -- you take her for granted and don't realize how amazing she is. Life will not always be linear. Life will be complicated -- enjoy the simpler times when they come.

I'm less stubborn than I was in my youth, so if my 45-year-old future self wants to appear, my 32-year-old current self is very open to advice.

vCash
    I would tell my self that the nice Christian asswipes that barked and called me a dog all through high school have dirty ugly souls, and are not worthy of ME. And that some day I WILL be awesome and fabulous, and they will still be friggin hypocrites.
    SO THERE!!

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post

I'm less stubborn than I was in my youth, so if my 45-year-old future self wants to appear, my 32-year-old current self is very open to advice.
    I was gonna say, Louis, you still ARE your younger self! But having known you more than 10 years I think your advice is good.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I could also say:
    Go to college sooner, and attend one that has major conference sports. Except then, I would probably have had just as much fun as I had in those years in NYC dancing (just in a different setting) and I would have come out with lousier grades. And I would not have met my husband. So being older and wiser during college was probably better for me.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Found this on Twitter...I like it...

TheraDhamma ‏@TheraDhamma 4h

“In the end, just three things matter:

How well we have lived
    How well we have loved
    How well we have learned to let go”

― Jack Kornfield

vCash
    The whole "go to college, graduate in 4 years, get a job, start a family, have 2.5 kids, retire" checklist is bullshit. Find your own path, don't expect to go from A to B to C.

vCash
    Make more friends (of all ages) and expand a network of professional contacts. Get masters degree sooner. Learn more foreign languages well. Don't take that last promotion -- stick to doing things that you enjoy and do well. Get more sleep and learn ways to manage stress. Say "no" more often and set better boundaries with family members. Start saving a bit sooner. Live abroad for at least a year.

vCash
    I would tell my younger self to relax. All the worry in the world won't help any situation so just relax, it's better for your health. Things will work out the way they were meant to in its own time.

vCash
    Drink more, party more. Don't bother to study, just the basic is enough. It's all about making social connections and learn how to deal with people. Get off the internet (still not following that one). Skin will always be prettier at 20 then at 40, so wear more makeup and less clothing. Sleep with more men, have a baby or two. B/c you will change your mind and biology doesn't wait. And the whole, you don't need a man thing, you're just lying to yourself.

vCash
    I'd tell me two things...

1) Dont be afraid of the world

2) If you want something, you must go out and get it. The world isn't going to come to you.

vCash
    Drink more, party more. Don't bother to study, just the basic is enough. It's all about making social connections and learn how to deal with people. Get off the internet (still not following that one). Skin will always be prettier at 20 then at 40, so wear more makeup and less clothing. Sleep with more men, have a baby or two. B/c you will change your mind and biology doesn't wait. And the whole, you don't need a man thing, you're just lying to yourself
    Words of wisdom.

Get lip injections instead of waiting around for 10 years worrying whether you can afford to maintain it. Go to the Guns "N Roses and Michael Jackson concerts like you wanted to, and your judgmental punk friends be damned. Play around with the bad boys in your twenties, and give the quiet guys a chance in your thirties. Get up earlier and make your ass work harder for what you want.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Take a gap year between high school and college to find your feet and gain some financial and emotional independence.

Minecraft Widow
    vCash

If you could impart (non-financial) wisdom to your younger self, what would it

Don't bother with that tattoo - you're not going to want it in a few years!
    Cigarettes are like squirrels. They are perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire. -- @ciggybuttz on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123