View Poll Results: If Mao had been able to compete at the 2006 Olympics, where would she have placed?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st (Gold)

32 50.79%
  • 2nd (Silver)

6 9.52%
  • 3rd (Bronze)

5 7.94%
  • 4th

5 7.94%
  • 5th

7 11.11%
  • 6th

3 4.76%
  • 7th

0 0%
  • Between 8th & 10th

1 1.59%
  • Outside the top 10

4 6.35%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    How about Amy03 naming two or three great qualities in Yuna's skating for a change and lowtherlore doing the same thing for Mao's skating?
    Or just change the name of each skater in every post : Mao instead of YuNa and YuNa instead of Mao.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    How about Amy03 naming two or three great qualities in Yuna's skating for a change and lowtherlore doing the same thing for Mao's skating?
    LOL. Amy03 would rather perform hara-kiri than compliment Kim. It's funny how you can tell all her posts on various boards are the same person with her generic "American" user-name and her love for excessive exclamation marks.

vCash
    Either silver behind Arakawa or Kim,. or bronze behind both IMO.

vCash
    This is a sport where Kevin Reynolds can win the 4CCs, the indomitable Japanese men (including one skating God) can be ALL off the podium. Where Dennis Ten from Kazakhstan has a good case of winning the world championship over Patrick Chan IN Canada. Where Rachel Flatt has won over a pre-Olympic Yuna at skate America in FS. They are all the reasons why I watch the sport, that despite the COP, reputations, politics, baggage home advantages, incredible past histories etc... that some how all skaters on ice are suppose to be equal. Ice is slippery and be unpredictable. Nothing is certain. It is all life's drama, not some mills and boons where there are always a predictable happy ending.

What I am saying is anyone keep crowning Mao with the unofficial title of OGM 2006 and think somehow she deserves it are in Lala land. Likely some propaganda message dream up by crrrrrrazy Hollywood Agents like IMG to market her (well it worked), or some desperate attempt her enthusiastic fans are still trying to justify why she is the best, in which case actually do not helping Mao at all. Imagine training hard and think that some how you 'deserve' an OGM, you 'could' have already been an OGM and that you 'should have' already got an OGM, but some how you did not get an OGM and even lost to a nobody at worlds juniors by some 20 points. Imagine living with that idea all your career, and the fans and press keep reminding you of it everywhere. It seems crazy amount pressure and baggage to be carrying around. Talk about having a chip on her shoulder, or how about one giant heavy rock that makes it hard to rise from on top of the triple axel.
    Last edited by os168; 05-05-2013 at 04:31 AM.

vCash
    I voted 4th. I dont think she would have won with everyone skating cleanly, but with Arakawa, Cohen, and Slutskaya all making mistakes she could have won with a clean performance and all her difficulty (triple axels and triple-triples are a must for her though, even with those 3 all not skating cleanly even without any triple-triple tries), but I think she would have cracked under pressure. She was already faltering, losing World Juniors badly to Kim by alot of points, and losing Japanese event to Suguri.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Talk about having a chip on her shoulder, or how about one giant heavy rock that makes it hard to rise from on top of the triple axel.
    While I believe it would have been difficult for Mao to win the Gold in 2006, the last thing I would accuse her of is "having a chip on her shoulder!"

vCash
    At the 2006 GPF, Mao beat everyone, including the 2005 world champ, the 2004 world champ, and all other top skaters. The ur issue was not a big one those days. Mao had a 3-3 combination, a 3A and a 3A-2t combination. Plus she had (still has) lovely positions. As a youngster she would have felt less pressure than the experienced skaters. It's reasonable to assume that she would have won the 2006 OGM, had she been allowed to compete.

Yu na was still coming into her own back then. She did not really blossom until 2008 or 2009. That was also the time (2009 in particular) when the judges started punishing Mao for her impefect technique on some jumps. Mao was denied a great opportunity in 2006, by the age rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    LOL. Amy03 would rather perform hara-kiri than compliment Kim. It's funny how you can tell all her posts on various boards are the same person with her generic "American" user-name and her love for excessive exclamation marks.
    so typical of a kimbot, trying to insult me and speak nonsense, a nice and effective way to avoid the subject/discussion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponta1 View Post
    While I believe it would have been difficult for Mao to win the Gold in 2006, the last thing I would accuse her of is "having a chip on her shoulder!"
    I have not accused her of anything. However my point is this chip has been placed on her solely by the public (and perhaps by her own agency/press). I am continued to be surprised by the amount of whine about the age rule and the automatic assumption that some how she would have won when skating history has indicate her chances is slim (lost some 20 points to Kim around the same Olympic month) or as good as anyone. Otherwise Kurt and Michelle would have been multiple OGMs already and there'd be no need to compete. Just give the medal to Patrick now. Same with Yuna, D&W, V&T.

Shizuka Arakawa
    won the OGM in 2006 fair and square. It has been almost 8 years already, and we have this poll practically every other few months. It might be wiser for her fans to get over it, and focus on what she need to do in the future. (Then again, it wouldn't be FSU Trashcan without these sort of polls... it is like green hogs day over and over and over and over again! Without ever being over...)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    I have not accused her of anything.
    Uh, you did say "talk about having a chip on her shoulders"......

vCash
    Should've Would've Could've. Get over it. Move on.

It didn't happen.

vCash
    Mao Asada at the 2013 Prince Ice World show

Yokohama Performance

Chopin's Ballade No. 1

With Fans (Part 2, Part 3)

Leaving The Ice
    Last edited by Maofan7; 05-10-2013 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy03 View Post
    so typical of a kimbot, trying to insult me and speak nonsense, a nice and effective way to avoid the subject/discussion
    So just because I happen to call you out I'm automatically a Kim-bot. Read my previous posts and look at my join date, precious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123