Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Twitter:

Boston.com ‏@BostonDotCom 32m
    Boston Strong concert tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. today http://bo.st/11bkAl7
    EDIT:

Boston.com ‏@BostonDotCom 43m
    Update: Boston Strong concert tickets sold out in five minutes http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/got..._strong_c.html … via @BostonDotCom
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-06-2013 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I don't know any specifics due to HIPAA privacy laws, but one local insurer plans to cover the latest in bionic limbs for the injured as most of them are young. And yes, they get a temporary limb that they use to learn with before they get their permanent limb(s).
    If they are young and have not reached maturity or if someone gains/loses a significant amount of weight there will be need to have different sizes in the future.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I was searching for news on the bombing and I came across one of the conspiracy theory message board sites. I cannot believe how many people think that this was staged with flash powder, amputee actors, and fake blood. Sigh.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I was searching for news on the bombing and I came across one of the conspiracy theory message board sites. I cannot believe how many people think that this was staged with flash powder, amputee actors, and fake blood. Sigh.
    There truly are some very sad and sick souls who could actually believe nonsense like this. Sigh, indeed.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    That sounds a lot like what the mother said.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Beach Bum
    vCash
    She is not the only one.

vCash
    There are people who believe the Holocaust didn't happen. Sick people believe what they want to believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    There are people who believe the Holocaust didn't happen. Sick people believe what they want to believe.
    Conspiracy nut (i.e. knows how to make $ off the gullible) Alex Jones says all mass shootings including Aurora and Newtown are faked...government plots to take away guns or freedom or whatever-works-to-trick-the-frightened-and-stupid this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Sick, demented & in denial!

Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Conspiracy nut (i.e. knows how to make $ off the gullible) Alex Jones says all mass shootings including Aurora and Newtown are faked...government plots to take away guns or freedom or whatever-works-to-trick-the-frightened-and-stupid this week.
    Pathetic on their part.

vCash
    Twitter:

Slate ‏@Slate 32m
    Witnesses: The #Watertown cop who was nearly killed in shootout w/Tsarnaevs was hit by friendly fire: http://slate.me/ZExPEt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dardar1126 View Post
    Twitter:
    Glad that Donohue survived and is expected to make a full recovery.
    Donohue is still recovering in the hospital. He nearly bled to death at the scene but is, thankfully, expected to make a full recovery. None of the witnesses the Globe spoke with faulted the officers. ("The police did a great job," was how Dyson put it.) Still, the crime scene suggests the shootout had the potential to have been much worse. As the Globe writes: "Shots fired in the battle left at least a dozen nearby houses pockmarked with dozens of bullet holes, includ*ing a second-floor bedroom where two children slept."
    Glad that others weren't injured (or worse) in the gunfire that night -- could have added to the already major tragedy caused by the actions of the Tsarnaev brothers.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Twitter...update of Martin's little sister:

Boston.com ‏@BostonDotCom 5m
    Jane Richard underwent her 11th surgery yesterday. She still faces a 'long and difficult road,' family says.
    EDIT:

Boston.com ‏@BostonDotCom 2m
    7-year-old bombing victim undergoes a ‘"milestone" 11th operation on her left leg, lost below the knee http://bo.st/18wi09A
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    OMG, poor child.

vCash
    Sending continuing support to that family; and all those affected by this terrible event.

vCash
    May 9, 2013 Statement from the Richard Family

Medical Update

Last evening, just 23 days after the bombing attack on Boston, our seven year old daughter Jane underwent her eleventh surgery. While she has more trips to the O.R. ahead of her, last night’s operation marked an important milestone, as doctors were finally able to close the wound created when the bomb took her left leg below the knee. Part of the procedure involved preparing Jane’s injured leg to eventually be fitted for a prosthesis.

By closing the wound, the incredible medical team at Boston Children’s Hospital laid the groundwork for Jane to take an important step forward on the long and difficult road ahead of her. One of the things we have learned through all of this is to not get too high or too low. We take today’s development as positive news and look ahead with guarded optimism. If things go well, Jane could be ready to transition to the rehabilitation stage of her recovery in the next few weeks.

Getting to this point has not been easy for Jane. In addition to all of the surgeries, she has also had to fight off infections and other complications. After not being able to communicate with Jane for the first two weeks, she woke up with difficult questions that needed to be answered. There are not words to describe how hard sharing this heartbreaking news was on all of us.

As for the rest of the family, Bill and Denise were discharged from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center a week after they were admitted. While no sight has returned to Denise’s injured eye, her doctors have been pleased with how she is healing from her surgeries. Bill is healing from the shrapnel wounds and burns to his legs, and we remain hopeful there will be improvement over time from the hearing loss he suffered. It will be several months before we know what, if any improvement Denise or Bill will experience. Henry is back at school, which gives him a needed sense of routine and normalcy. We will continue to stay together in the Longwood Medical Area until Jane is discharged.

Our focus as a family remains on healing from our injuries, both physical and emotional.

Thank You to the Community

We would like to take this time to also acknowledge the strength we draw from the community. The outpouring of support from friends, family and total strangers has been incredible, and it is uplifting to our family in this most painful and difficult time. Well-wishes reach us, and they help more than anyone can know.

From the moment of the attack, all of us have been in the hands of well-trained people who are incredibly good at what they do. We thank the courageous first-responders and Samaritans who stabilized and comforted us on the scene as well as the medical staff at the hospitals for quick action and life-saving care. We particularly want to thank the people who quickly got to Jane and addressed her injury in the street because they saved her life. We also salute those who stood guard over Martin’s body so he was not alone. Those officers will never know how comforting that was in our very darkest hour. The doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers, technicians, orderlies, volunteers and administrators at both Boston Children’s Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center have been incredible. We will recover because of these dedicated and talented people.

People near and far have made loving gestures and poignant remembrances. We are aware of tributes and vigils across the area and around the world. Martin was a big sports fan and what has taken place across the sports world – from our local teams to our arch rivals, by teams and by individual players – reminds us why. Martin was “Boston Strong,” and now we must all be for him and for all of the victims of this senseless attack as well as their loved ones who are going through a hell we wish we never had to know.

Many of you feel an incredible need to do more, which is understandable and gracious. We will need help, as we cannot get through this tragedy on our own. We know how difficult it is to stand idle when something terrible happens, so we thank you for respecting our privacy and giving us space to not only recuperate and rest, but also to ensure the one thing the attack does not break is our bond as a family.

As hard as it is for us to do so, we ask for your continued patience as we work through something for which there is no roadmap, and there are no instructions.

We look forward to sharing another update when Jane leaves Children’s Hospital for rehab in the coming weeks.

http://richardfamilyboston.tumblr.com/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This family is unbelievably courageous. This part just breaks me...

We also salute those who stood guard over Martin’s body so he was not alone. Those officers will never know how comforting that was in our very darkest hour.
    Last edited by dardar1126; 05-10-2013 at 07:15 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for the update! My prayers and best wishes to Jane and the whole family for the future.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Lots of reunions in the area this week. There was one for the first responders and another for folks who were Atlantic Fish.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Twitter:

The Associated Press @AP
    With leg gone and other in jeopardy, hospitalized Boston Marathon bomb victim stays positive with family's aid: http://apne.ws/17TPAVB -RAS

vCash
    Informative article about the rehabilitation process:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...id=ts_carousel

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast