Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphyre14 View Post
    Oh, I forgot the Tacky British Ornament Collection (TM) ! The first year I went to London with friends, I had very space in my luggage left for momentos of the trip. So I bought a flat fabric ornament of The Tower of London. Then I found one of Big Ben....and Westmister Abbey.... and now it's become something of an obsession to find The Tacky Ornament of The Visit. I have a couple dozen of them now, hanging on hooks around the upper molding on my back sunroom. I'm actually having trouble finding them now as I've been to the major tourist places. But I usually manage to come up with something to make my hosts question my taste level.
    I have one of York Minster. I hang it on the tree every year. Come to think of it, I also collect Christmas Ornaments from places I have traveled.

vCash
    Did you get Henry the 8th and all his wives? I bought those. Also postcards that were cutouts of the heads of the royal family.

vCash
    I have Henry VIII but I haven't done the Wives yet. I have both Elizabeth's (I and II) and the crown one from Will and Kate's wedding, but most of the ones I get are buildings - the Palaces, churches, castles. I try to get them in the "official" gift shops, rather than the tourist shops. And the sparklier, the better!
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    I also collect bevel edged mirrors with etched designs; most of the ones I have are from the 40's and 50's. One whole wall of my living room is covered with them, and the rest I have scattered through the house. I think it helps visually expand my little house.
    Like the one Carrie had on Sex and the city? I had one when I was a kid that I hated, and now I wish I had kept it. Sigh.

vCash
    I have no clue what Carrie's mirror looked like. I tried to watch that show when it was all the rage; I lasted about 10 minutes.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    My parents would answer "Too much!!"

The obvious would be the Skating Collection. Then there's the Royalty Collection of various books, magazines, china and one gorgeous porcelain doll of Diana that I have never seen anywhere else thanks to friends of ours. Then there's the LOTR stuff including one full sized replica of Arwen's sword proudly on display on top of my dresser along w/a couple of mini versions of some of the weapons, but just as sharp. I was using the mini version of Aragorn's Ranger Sword to open up a box once and skewed myself w/it. Nothing major, but still an owwie!!!

And now I've been bitten by one of Dany's Dragons and have gotten hooked on Game of Thrones. At least there's no worries about me getting a full sized Dragon, but it would come in handy at times.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    Just remembered - for awhile I collected autographs too, from writing to my favorite athletes. My favorites are Shawn Johnson (she sent me a handwritten letter too), Alissa Czisny (also sent me a long handwritten letter)
    How thoughtful of them!
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    We collect coins and of course with every olympics there is a skating coin:
    http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/1-oz-s...3#.UXvznqLCaSo

It's very nice.

vCash
    I've enjoyed this thread. It is kind of reassuring that other people collect things too.

I collect foreign costume dolls. I had an uncle in the foreign service who used to bring me dolls from the countries where he was posted. Some dolls in the collection are as old as I am (66), but I add dolls when I, or anyone in my family, travels to a country. We bring back dolls when they are available. I have 270, displayed in glass fronted cabinets.

vCash
    I collect Marilyn Monroe memorabilia (posters, books, DVDs, figurines), and shot glasses from all over the world.

And tho I don't really "collect" them, whenever I happen to come across old pennies (with 'ONE CENT' on the back, not the Lincoln Memorial), I keep them.

vCash
    (in addition to what I listed in my earlier post)

I collect pins- Olympic pins, world championship pins, travel pins

Also coins and currency bills from different countries

vCash
    Camels. Not live ones . Ceramic, pewter, stuffed. It started in college, when a group of us needed direction for getting each other inexpensive holiday and birthday gifts. And I didn't buy any of them, they were all gifts. I have some pretty weird camels, some of them look stoned .

vCash
    Seashells, Blue green/purple pottery,and old books.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Doctor Who stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345