View Poll Results: Which of these 10 costumes was the worst?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin (2010 European Championships)

81 66.39%
  • Stéphane Lambiel (2006 Torino Olympics)

5 4.10%
  • Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy (2010 European Championships)

1 0.82%
  • Oksana Baiul (1994 Olympics)

7 5.74%
  • Marina Aganina and Artem Knyazev (2006 Olympics)

0 0%
  • Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat (2006 Olympics)

0 0%
  • Elena Grushina and Ruslan Goncharov (2006 Torino Olympics)

9 7.38%
  • Ilia Kulik (1998 Olympics)

14 11.48%
  • Barbara Fusar-Poli and Maurizio Margaglio (2006 Torino Olympics)

2 1.64%
  • Johnny Weir (2006 Olympics)

3 2.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    I don't think that addressed the point of why not switch? Why deal with having the negatives if anything they did would medal? Why have the aboriginal od? Why have the ropes on the costumes in the fd? The whole idea of keeping the aboriginal od just Out of defiance makes no sense? Why have to wear first nations blankets in the k&c if you don't have to? Because krylova and ossianikov got away with african drums? Why deal with that? Especially if anyone had the belief that they could do anything and medal? Why not just chuck all the controversial stuff and make a positive impression?
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 05-03-2013 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    That's true. It would have been unrealistic for them to come up with a new OD, costumes, and have it all gel in time for the Olympics without it totally disrupting their training for the CD and FD. It's just that we have seen teams make last minute changes in the past and still do well.

vCash
    I guess I am on fashion shit list for liking most of these costumes for on ice performances...
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Laughed out loud at that, thank you!

I'm probably the only one who thought Oksana Baiul's Oly LP dress was cute. I voted for Ilia Kulik's Oly monstrosity.

Very surprised Johnny Weir's Swan SP costume is on this list. Had it been his 2010 Oly SP costume, I might have voted for that.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

En el trabajo en mi obra maestra, "Bodegón de rosas, las toronjas y el Planetario", que se llevará algún tiempo.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    I'm probably the only one who thought Oksana Baiul's Oly LP dress was cute.
    No, you're not the only one. ETA: But then, I don't have any problem with Weir's tasseled getup, either.
    Last edited by falling_dance; 05-03-2013 at 09:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    Nooo, leave Sandra alone !
    This costume is not particularly awful, and this skater was amazing. Too bad that she was not a good jumper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    That's true. It would have been unrealistic for them to come up with a new OD, costumes, and have it all gel in time for the Olympics without it totally disrupting their training for the CD and FD. It's just that we have seen teams make last minute changes in the past and still do well.
    The Kerrs switched from their country western OD (yeah, the truck drivers) back to their Scottish OD from two seasons previous--not sure if they did it for the Olys but definitely for Worlds. Don't remember what Dom/Shab did in 2007-2008 for their OD, though.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    From Olympics 2010 to worlds 2010 the Kerrs and p/b changed programs but f/s didn't and then f/s won world bronze and f/s k/k and p/b were all really even so any of those three could've won world bronze. The past involving switching programs from euros to Olympics for any team is so obscure nothing comes to mind! It had to take a while to come up with those positions that didn't bother his knee too much. They must have made some decision that the Russian dance was not possible or any recognizable cultural dance was not advisable.

vCash
    It's also different from changing the choreography or music in a OD that had a much more prescribed rhythm than doing so with the folk OD since that whole theme was incredibly broad. They would have had to change the costumes, theme, music, style of dance, etc.

So yeah, it wasn't feasible for them to really change their OD in that time crunch, though I wish they would have been able to since that dance was just bad on many levels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123