Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash

Best way to send flowers internationally?

My friend with pancreatic cancer passed earlier today. I got a tearful phone call from his ex-gf this afternoon, and was tasked on letting the rest of my workgroup know, because she didn't have anyone else's phone number. I still don't think my boss knows (he's on post-my-wedding vacation), but I'll try calling him again later....

We would like to send his family flowers, but we're in California, and they're in France. Which is the best company to use? We don't want to send "funeral" flowers, just something pretty and nice for his mom.

Thanks.

vCash
    oh anita =( so sorry! ad after your fabulous wedding weekend- (he DID make the wedding in spirit i am sure)
    i know that the regular suspects send flowers- I have always looked in line- found a good florist in the same city and town and called them- then i know they will arrive and will be fresh- the website usually gives a good indicator of the skill and arrangements
    thinking of you and his fmaily

vCash
    Anita, I'm so sorry about your friend.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    ((Anita)) so sorry to hear this
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Anita, use the Internet to find a floral shop in the French city and order from them online or by phone. That's what I do to send internationally.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Anita, use the Internet to find a floral shop in the French city and order from them online or by phone. That's what I do to send internationally.
    It's a pretty small city, although it's in Normandy so floral shops would hopefully speak English there? My friend is looking on FTD but I'm not sure about their quality....

Thanks everyone. His mom just sent a message to everyone who knew him in the US via Facebook. Hopefully Google Translate didn't butcher my reply too badly...It's just so sad to outlive your children.

vCash
    I'm very sorry to hear abput your friend!

All FTD does is send the order on to a local shop & keep some of your money for themselves. You'll get far more value if you can contact a local shop directly yourself.

vCash
    Thanks - we do have a fellow French expat in our extended workgroup, and she will have her mom call the florist tomorrow.

My boss still has his phone off.

We chose this floral shop. He would have approved. http://www.fleuriste-palaisdelafleur-caen.com/ (J.F. Le Bastard! )