View Poll Results: Which of these people can beat a clean Kim next year with a clean skate

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sotnikova

11 4.58%
  • Tuktamysheva

5 2.08%
  • Gold

13 5.42%
  • Wagner

6 2.50%
  • Kostner

93 38.75%
  • Asada

77 32.08%
  • Murakami

5 2.08%
  • Czisny

9 3.75%
  • Osmond

3 1.25%
  • Suzuki

9 3.75%
  • Ando (if she returns)

11 4.58%
  • nobody can beat a clean Kim

110 45.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nobody... I think a new clean Yuna can only beat a clean Yuna. And then, for the 2nd, even though Mao has 8 triples, I think her jump technic isn't perfect or huge..So I bet Kostner with a strong mentality can be 2nd in the Sochi.
    Last edited by Anes; 04-23-2013 at 06:56 AM.

vCash
    Last edited by Anes; 04-23-2013 at 06:55 AM.

vCash
    This poll should have had only 3 options: Asada, Kostner, or nobody. Anyone else is purely a trolling option. It is the equivalent of having a poll of who can beat a clean Kwan and including Suguri, Liashenko, Poykio, and Jenny Robinson as poll options. Also ROTFL at Czisny receiving 4 votes, that is a good one.

vCash
    If Mao clean two programs perfectly, she will also be able to break the Yuna's record.
    Last edited by karlon; 04-23-2013 at 09:26 AM.

vCash
    No one. If Kim does clean skate next year, other ladies will compete for 2nd.

vCash
    I'm very surprised that some chose Asada. I like Asada. A lot. However I picked Kostner since she almost beat Kim in the short at worlds despite making a major error.

I don't feel that the judges have considered Asada an equal competitor to Kim for years. Sure she stills beats Yuna on occasion, 2010 worlds, but only when Yuna makes several mistakes, which isn't the point of this poll's question. Asada? This isn't 2006-2008 anymore. They are no longer equal in the judges' eyes. That ship has sailed.

vCash
    Last edited by karlon; 04-23-2013 at 09:52 AM.

vCash
    Based on the PCS at worlds, Kostner.

vCash
    Only Herself in the future.

vCash
    I love Mao but I too think she can't pose a threat to a clean Kim anymore. Kostner at Worlds was closer to Yuna on the PC mark than Mao was in the two programs combined and it also seems there was a lot more quality to the elements Carolina did well than the elements Mao did well in the free skate. Kostner gained some eleven points in GOE over her base value as opposed to Asada's only three approximately. So yeah, Kostner or no one else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklaszlo View Post
    Patrick Chan?
    The thread title should read 'Which skater can beat a clean Yu Na Kim if he falls 3 or 4 times'

vCash
    As far I am concerned, if Kim is clean Kim will win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    Sotnikova? What with her Flutz, unstable Flip and consistently UR'd Toe? Not even close. That girl has serious technique issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    A clean Kostner comes close, but not enough, unless it's really inspired. A perfectly clean (no UR) Mao with 8 triples in the LP and 4 triples in the SP, certainly. Both are extremely unlikely, though. Carolina and Mao would have to be perfect under the overwhelming pressure of the Olympics. Carolina bombed both times in Torino and Vancouver. It's likely those demons could return once she steps on Olympic ice again. Mao's layout is so ambitious she has almost no chance of skating it 100% clean.
    That's strange to read those 2 posts back to back.
    You complain about Sotnikova's technical issues and you say Mao is the one who can beat Yu Na Kim ?

vCash
    Had Kostner skated a clean SP at Worlfds she would have scored 70.4-70.5 - that's more than Ki'm score. She beat Kim on PCS, although thta was probably due to Kim skating very early. Let's say they are about even, even with Kostner's easier jumps.

Had Kostner skated a clean LP, with a 3L and a clean 3S for last element she would have scored 140+ and that's with slightly easier jump content. With two mistakes she picked up 11.59 GoE points to Kim's 16.51. Had she gone clean her PCS may have rivaled Kim's.

It is reasonable to assume that Kostner will be trying out a more difficult contnet next GP season - with a 3F+3T in the SP and repeating the 3F and 3L instead of 3T and 3S in the LP, or maybe a second 2A. That would bring her BV higher than Kim's. If she can go clean she could win.

Of course, Kim is more likely to skate clean, whatever the content of the others.

vCash
    Kostner did a clean LP at her own Nationals and only scored 145 didnt she. If she cant even score as high for a clean LP at her own Nationals as Kim does in an international event then things get pretty obvious. As for the SP at Worlds the next time Kim does a clean short her score will probably be atleast 6 points higher (deservedly or not). It wasnt even clean anyway, both the edge call on the flip and one of her spins was messed up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VolosozharGOAT View Post
    Kostner did a clean LP at her own Nationals and only scored 145 didnt she.
    But that was with 6 triples (she only did 3f2t there) and without a 3jump combo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by umronnie View Post
    Had Kostner skated a clean SP at Worlfds she would have scored 70.4-70.5 - that's more than Ki'm score. She beat Kim on PCS, although thta was probably due to Kim skating very early. Let's say they are about even, even with Kostner's easier jumps.
    But There is a difference in jump BV...

kostner 3Lo, 3t-3t, 2a
    Yuna, 3F, 3lz-3t, 2a

How was the details of the protocol,
    clean Caro could beat clean Yuna?
    Only by her PCS?
    Last edited by karlon; 04-23-2013 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by karlon View Post
    But There is a difference in jump BV...

kostner 3Lo, 3t-3t, 2a
    Yuna, 3F, 3lz-3t, 2a

How was the details of the protocol,
    clean Caro could beat clean Yuna?
    Olny by her PCS?
    The difference in base value was not that big: 31.63 (Kim - with an edge call on her 3f and two level 3 spins) vs. 29.93 (Kostner - with a fall on the combo and one level3 spin). Including GOE that would be 36.79 (Kim) vs. 34.01 (Kostner).

PCS was 33.18 (Yuna) vs. 33.85 (Caro).

A clean Carolina would have managed to beat Yuna's short at this year's Worlds (not only based on PCS but also on TES). Next season is a different story though, as I think Yuna's score would probably be 2-3 points higher than what she received in London (she still has room to improve on her spin levels).

Personally I think a clean Carolina can rival a clean Yuna because she is the only skater currently competitng who has the ability to match Yuna both in PCS and GOE. If, and I know that is a BIG if, Caro skates clean, she would receive similar scores. I am not sure whether it will ever happen but it's theoratically possible.
    Last edited by jiggs; 04-23-2013 at 08:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    The difference in base value was not that big: 31.63 (Kim - with an edge call on her 3f and two level 3 spins) vs. 29.93 (Kostner - with a fall on the combo and one level3 spin). Including GOE that would be 36.79 (Kim) vs. 34.01 (Kostner).

PCS was 33.18 (Yuna) vs. 33.85 (Caro).

A clean Carolina would have managed to beat Yuna's short at this year's Worlds (not only based on PCS but also on TES). Next season is a different story though, as I think Yuna's score would probably be 2-3 points higher than what she received in London (she still has room to improve on her spin levels).

Personally I think a clean Carolina can rival a clean Yuna because she is the only skater currently competitng who has the ability to match Yuna both in PCS and GOE. If, and I know that is a BIG if, Caro skates clean, she would receive similar scores. I am not sure whether it will ever happen but it's theoratically possible.
    I understand.

And Caro's PCS with one fall, was higher than clean Yuna's. If Caro had clean, her PCS would more higher than that. Maybe 34-35..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by karlon View Post
    I understand.

And Caro's PCS with one fall, was higher than clean Yuna's. If Caro had clean, her PCS would more higher than that. Maybe 34-35..
    ITA. Becuase Caro was the reigning World Champion there then and it was Yuna's first ISU competition since 2011 Worlds. I mean Yuna, for her absence, couldn't get enough scores both in TES and GOE she ought to deserve. It must be the last chance for Caro to win Yuna in SP.

But now it's totally changed. The bar is up to Yuna's performances. And No technical panel will dare to nitpick at Yuna's 3F next season.
    This too will pass away.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast