View Poll Results: Which of these people can beat a clean Kim next year with a clean skate

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sotnikova

11 4.58%
  • Tuktamysheva

5 2.08%
  • Gold

13 5.42%
  • Wagner

6 2.50%
  • Kostner

93 38.75%
  • Asada

77 32.08%
  • Murakami

5 2.08%
  • Czisny

9 3.75%
  • Osmond

3 1.25%
  • Suzuki

9 3.75%
  • Ando (if she returns)

11 4.58%
  • nobody can beat a clean Kim

110 45.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Which skaters can beat a clean Yu Na Kim if they also skate cleanly

Which of these skaters can beat a clean Yu Na Kim at the Olympics if they also skate clean. If you feel nobody then vote for that option, the bottom one.

vCash
    Hmm TBH I think a CLEAN YNK is unbeatable. Even if she makes 3 errors, i doubt anyone will sneak up and take the medal home.

vCash
    Notice I said can, not neccessarily will. I think if everyone skated cleanly Yu Na would probably still win. However there are many variables to clean, a clean performance could more inspired on a day than another one, the content and exact standard of execution and performance on a given day might change, a judge might appreciate certain skaters more or less than other panels. So that with that being said I think the skaters who could beat a clean Yu Na Kim if they also skate cleanly are Kostner, Asada, and Sotnikova. A clean Kim would still likely be scored over all others skating cleanly though, and she is by far the most likely to skate or closer to clean, so yeah she is pretty much certain to win, but I do think it is hypothetically possible for a clena Sotnikova or Kostner especialy to be marked above a clean Kim.

vCash
    MAYBE Mao if she did 8 triples in the long and four in the short (3F-3Lo, 3 something and 3 Axel)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    Notice I said can, not neccessarily will. I think if everyone skated cleanly Yu Na would probably still win. However there are many variables to clean, a clean performance could more inspired on a day than another one, the content and exact standard of execution and performance on a given day might change, a judge might appreciate certain skaters more or less than other panels. So that with that being said I think the skaters who could beat a clean Yu Na Kim if they also skate cleanly are Kostner, Asada, and Sotnikova. A clean Kim would still likely be scored over all others skating cleanly though, and she is by far the most likely to skate or closer to clean, so yeah she is pretty much certain to win, but I do think it is hypothetically possible for a clena Sotnikova or Kostner especialy to be marked above a clean Kim.
    I don't see the point. Even if Kostner or Sotnikova have an out-of-this-world program and skate the hell out of it, they still won't come Close to beating Kim. They're just not at her level.Kim is Kim and as long as the judges love her and she does her stuff, then no one can touch her.

vCash
    Sotnikova have all the goods to challenge Kim. Great jumps, better spins than Kim, great artistry, she just is inconsistent and had a bad choroegraphed long program this year. However if she skates clean, and getting a home ice boost in the scores probably due to being in Russia, I think she could be close, and depending on the day maybe even beat a clean Kim. I know Sotnikova wont do a clean competition though so it is a moot point, but fun to speculate.

vCash
    At this point, i think only Kostner is capable of doing so, but I don't think Kim has yet peaked. I think either oe woud make a worthy Olympic champ next year

vCash
    Oh yes, that long program was just

Maybe in a few years, she will become like Kim. But it will take time, will and smart decisions.

Just a few years ago, I thought that a clean Asada could beat a clean Kim. Once I realized it would never happen, I worried less about the results and just enjoyed good skating from both.
    Cheesy I know right

vCash
    Mao Asada with a solo 3A in her SP and a 8-triple LP means she can potentially outscore anyone, but also it is highly unlikely because she is not a very solid technician anymore.

The other girls no.

vCash
    I had a feeling the judges were ready to give the title to Carolina this WC if she skated clean, even over clean Yuna. Unfortunately she couldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I had a feeling the judges were ready to give the title to Carolina this WC if she skated clean, even over clean Yuna. Unfortunately she couldn't.
    It is possible but I doubt that will be the case next year. Kostner is no longer reigning WC, Kim is now again both reigning World and Olympic Champion. I think only Asada would have any chance since she does a harder program with a higher base value. Kostner doesnt have more difficulty than Kim and that is the only way to beat her. Nobody will be beating her in GOE and PCS next season, including Kostner, best case is matching or coming close but unless you have a higher base value there is no place to get ahead of a clean Kim.

vCash
    As for even this year the protocals for Kostner to win even without her 3 mistakes (1 in the short, 2 in the long) dont quite add up unless you factor in some massive GOE and PCS boost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I agree.

A clean Asada would still not get the kind of GOE's that Kim and Kostner do.

However, a clean Kostner means well-choreographed programs with excellent jumps and footwork that can match or exceed Kim's, with 7 triples to boot (assuming she nails her 3F-3T.) If both Kostner and Kim go clean, Kostner should come out on top.

To my chagrin, that's a big If.

vCash
    Michelle Kwan. Did this really need asking?

vCash
    Patrick Chan?

vCash
    No one. But a clean Kostner is easily in 2nd over a clean Mao

vCash
    I guess its theoretically possible for a clean Caro or Mao to equal a clean Yuna, but neither Caro nor Mao came close to being clean in London, nor did Yuna come close to making a mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    Sotnikova have all the goods to challenge Kim. Great jumps, better spins than Kim, great artistry, she just is inconsistent and had a bad choroegraphed long program this year. However if she skates clean, and getting a home ice boost in the scores probably due to being in Russia, I think she could be close, and depending on the day maybe even beat a clean Kim. I know Sotnikova wont do a clean competition though so it is a moot point, but fun to speculate.
    Sotnikova? What with her Flutz, unstable Flip and consistently UR'd Toe? Not even close. That girl has serious technique issues.

vCash
    A clean Kostner comes close, but not enough, unless it's really inspired. A perfectly clean (no UR) Mao with 8 triples in the LP and 4 triples in the SP, certainly. Both are extremely unlikely, though. Carolina and Mao would have to be perfect under the overwhelming pressure of the Olympics. Carolina bombed both times in Torino and Vancouver. It's likely those demons could return once she steps on Olympic ice again. Mao's layout is so ambitious she has almost no chance of skating it 100% clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleWallie View Post
    Sotnikova? What with her Flutz, unstable Flip and consistently UR'd Toe? Not even close. That girl has serious technique issues.
    Agree. After watching the competition at Worlds in London, I was quite disappointed at Russian ladies..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast