Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Hey guys. The interview was this afternoon, so some of those last questions didn't get to me in time, but we covered a LOT of ground. The interview is about 90 minutes long, and honestly we both could have talked a lot longer but we had to cut it short (if you can call 90 minutes short ). In short: it was awesome. It was a blast talking with him. We covered his thoughts on judging (both 6.0 and IJS) and the misuse of PCS scores, the decline of popularity in skating in the US, Michelle Kwan, his "rivalry" with Christine Brennan, use of social media, whether or not he reads FSU :p, and much much more. It was great.

And he showed me some really amazing items in his house: all his numerous press passes, and the most item of all: I guess I never realized that this item would end up anywhere but a trash can! If you can't see it on Facebook, here it is on Twitter.
    Wow - I cannot wait to listen to the podcast. Lucky you! Many congratulations

vCash
    Do you believe that the new judging system and stricter edge calls are to blame for the recent decline in popularity of figure skating in North America or are there other factors involved? What can journalists and fans do to revive its popularity?

vCash
    Sounds like a good one. Can't wait to listen to it.

vCash
    ^^^^Me too!

vCash
    'Why are you such an annoying and clueless twit?'

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    The interview is up! I started a new thread here.

And the interview is on my website or at the iTunes Store.

Thanks everyone for your questions!
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    It was so hilarious how he went dance is fair dance Is legitmate when DW won in 2011 then was all dance is unfair dance is illegitimate in 2012 and back again! Just because United states isn't winning in dance doesn't mean its illegitimate. He says dance was illegitimate as an event for so long but seemed to be changing then in 2012 was all dance is all rigged so americans can't win and said IJS is good but went back so fast! And a Canadian team won in 2012! That was supposed to be impossible too back when he was saying it was illegitimate because Russians were winning blocking deserving americans and Canadians from their rightful place as always winning. LOL.
    I am quite unfamiliar with Phil Hersh's insights of figure skating but if that is the level of knowledge and professionalism he usually displays when he covers the sport, I don't feel like I've missed anything by not having a chance to read his articles.

vCash
    I am curious how Hersh went from studying French to writing about skating. He would have studied British literature if he had literary talent in English.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234