Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mao Asada said, “My feelings aiming at Sochi became stronger than before”

This is an article in “Yomiuri Shimbun” in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

The photo:
    Photography: By Tsuyoshi Matsumoto
    “Asada who speaks the feelings to Socihi Olympics.”
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/zoom/20130420-OYT9I00390.htm

My feelings aiming at Sochi Olympics became stronger than before. "I will challenge to the best performance”.
    April 20th, 2013

Interviewer: By Junko Nagai, Hiroshi Wakamizu
    At April 19th, Mao Asada (22, Chukyo University) who expressed the intention which she retires from the eligible skater with the end of next season accepted the exclusive interview and talked about the current state of mind and about the ambition to the next season.

- Was there the change of the state of mind after expressing the retirement?

Aiming at Sochi Olympics, my motivation rose more and my feelings aiming at it became stronger than before. I think it was good that I had been able to tell everybody about being with such a feelings until Sochi Olympics.

- You told that you would like to show the best performance in the stage of the Olympics, but what was your best performance up to now?

When I won the championship in Grand Prix Final at 15years old, I thought that the performance is perfect, but looking back on it now, I think that it was far from the perfection as for the skating, too, and as for the spin, too. I think that the short program in Vancouver Olympics was good. Because my skating skill is improving every year, I have never done the best performance yet.

- What performance can satisfy you if you have been able to do it?

If I could skate without mistake in the level which included the triple Axel and the 3-3 combination jump which I am wrestling with now.

- You are continuing to challenge the skill which any other person can’t do, aren't you?

Because I felt me to be unsatisfactory even if I won a championship without the big skill, I challenge to it. As for the skating, it is difficult because both of the artistic aspect and the sports aspect are necessary. I prefer the artistic aspect in skating, but I can't be satisfied if I don't attempt the triple Axel because I have the feelings wanting to challenge as the athlete.

- What impression do you have about Russia where the Olympics is held?

Because I visited there dozens of times, it seems my second hometown.
    It is such a feeling, as if I can say, "As for the Olympics in Russia, please entrust to me".

- What is the conception of the program of next season which may become your final season as the eligible?

As for SP and as for FS, too, the program of this season was very Mao-like, but I would like to use the music of different feeling as for next season. The music of SP is a classic and I think that it becomes the music like a Chopin's. As for the music of FS, I am searching for it variously.

- You participate to the ice show, "The Ice 2013" in the end of July, don't you?

Because I show a new exhibition program, I am looking forward to the response of everybody.

The main results of Mao Asada.
    2002/2003
    She participated to 2002 Japan Nationals for the first time at 12years old.
    2004/2005
    She participated to 2005 Junior Worlds for the first time and won the championship for the first time.
    2005/2006
    She won the championship in 2005 Grand Prix Final at 15years old.
    She couldn’t participate to 2006 Turin Olympics for the age-limitation.
    2007/2008
    She won the championship in 2008 Worlds at 17years old of the youngest age of Japanese
    2008/2009
    She won her second championship in 2008 Grand Prix Final after an interval of three years.
    2009/2010
    She won the silver medal in 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
    She won her second championship in 2010 Worlds after an interval of two years.
    2012/2013
    She won her third championship in 1012 Grand Prix Final after an interval of 4 years.
    She won the medal after an interval of 3 years with 3rd place in 2013 Worlds.
    She expressed the retirement from the eligible after the end of next season at April 13th.
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/zoom/20130420-OYT9I00394.htm

The article:
    My feelings aiming at Sochi Olympics became stronger than before. "I will challenge to the best performance”.
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news...OYT1T00392.htm

(Translator's note: However, we should note that she has not announced officially the retirement in her official interview for the announcement of her retirement, at least, until the end of next season.)
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 04-22-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Best of luck to Mao! Thank you for the article.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    As for SP and as for FS, too, the program of this season was very Mao-like, but I would like to use the music of different feeling as for next season. The music of SP is a classic and I think that it becomes the music like a Chopin's. As for the music of FS, I am searching for it variously.
    Yes please

vCash
    Thank you so much, Akira Andrea! I can't wait to see her programs next year and I am now especially curious about her LP music.

vCash
    Good luck Mao!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think Chopin would suit her nicely. Which piece, I wonder.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I wonder how the Nocturne SP would look on her 8 years later..

She had Dick and Peggy and I certainly never tire of watching it.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Thank you Akira for another article and I wish Mao all the best this coming season.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    I wonder how the Nocturne SP would look on her 8 years later..

She had Dick and Peggy and I certainly never tire of watching it.
    That is a beautiful program and lovely performance. The lightness, effortlessness of her jumps---in a class by herself. Had to smile when Dick said you never hear her skates, because in the vid it was a distraction. If she had been able to go to the Olympics when fifteen, she probably would already have her gold medal. Is Aero doing ok lol? I'm concerned that her love affair with the 3 ax is going to be her downfall (as far as the Olympics go) and surprised she is having trouble with a 3/3.

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    Go, Mao!

vCash
    All the best to you Mao!

vCash
    All the best to Mao in the Olympic season!

Vacant
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    That is a beautiful program and lovely performance. The lightness, effortlessness of her jumps---in a class by herself. Had to smile when Dick said you never hear her skates, because in the vid it was a distraction.....
    That was the year that they put mics underneath the ice. Everyone sounded like that and it just got on my last nerve. One of the dumbest ideas ever for a skating broadcast.

vCash
    I sort of liked the sounds.

vCash

Mao Asada sets about the choreography of new program from May

This is an article in "Fuji News Network" in Japan.

April 22nd, 2013

Mao Asada showed up at the official place for the first time after expressing the provability of retirement.
    In April 19th, Asada showed a suggestive smiling face.
    There was that reason in the supplementary prize which she got in an annual awards ceremony of Japan Skating Federation.
    The supplemental prize was the pair ticket of Tokyo Disney Land of the expiry date of one year.
    Asada said, "Because the expiry date is one year, I think that I can go to it even after finishing the Sochi Olympics, therefore it is good to go with everybody, but. But, anymore after that..."
    That Asada participated to the joint training camp which was hosted by Japan Olympic Committee aiming at the Sochi Olympics.
    She with a leggings pants with trendy floral pattern showed a smiling face in a puzzle game etc. of team match.
    As for next season which becomes the compilation for her, she sets about the choreography of new program from May.
    Asada said, "I think that maybe I ought to classic as for the music of short program, but..."
    To the classic from Jazz in this season.
    She is going to move to next season when she aims at the gold medal.
    Asada said, "Because I was suffering with skating in this time last year. But, now it is progressing forward positively, comparing to that, so, I feel to be able to face to next season with a good condition".

The article:
    http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlin...N00244607.html.

Reference:
    The annual awards ceremony of JSF
    http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/201...2507957464.jpg

The joint trainning camp of Japan Olympic Committee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_mW...layer_embedded

Tokyo Disney Land
    http://www.lovedisney.net/blog/201212/21we.jpg
    Last edited by Akira Andrea; 04-23-2013 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    Am I the only one here who sees déjà vu reading her interview?

Maybe her stock has been dropping even among the Japanese general public, who have little idea where she’s been standing in terms of skating excellence, and that public includes her sister Mai (who has “no idea why Kim’s score is so high”) and some of her ardent fans in this forum. She’s been saying basically the same thing over the last 3 years since Vancouver, and she’s now planning to improve her skating and jumping technique, 10 months away from the next Olympics?

I’m better now than before and will be better in Sochi. Is she thinking that would be enough to re-grab the attention of her gullible fans and the Japanese public? Champions don’t talk much, they let their performances speak for themselves.

What’s next? Advancing offers to her one-time rival’s coaches and costume designer? Expecting her fed to make yet another run at lobbying for scoring rule changes? That hasn’t worked in her favor and it’s not an option at this point. Poor Asada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Andrea View Post
    This is an article in "Fuji News Network" in Japan.

April 22nd, 2013

Mao Asada showed up at the official place for the first time after expressing the provability of retirement.
    In April 19th, Asada showed a suggestive smiling face.
    There was that reason in the supplementary prize which she got in an annual awards ceremony of Japan Skating Federation.
    The supplemental prize was the pair ticket of Tokyo Disney Land of the expiry date of one year.
    Asada said, "Because the expiry date is one year, I think that I can go to it even after finishing the Sochi Olympics, therefore it is good to go with everybody, but. But, anymore after that..."
    That Asada participated to the joint training camp which was hosted by Japan Olympic Committee aiming at the Sochi Olympics.
    She with a leggings pants with trendy floral pattern showed a smiling face in a puzzle game etc. of team match.
    As for next season which becomes the compilation for her, she sets about the choreography of new program from May.
    Asada said, "I think that maybe I ought to classic as for the music of short program, but..."
    To the classic from Jazz in this season.
    She is going to move to next season when she aims at the gold medal.
    Asada said, "Because I was suffering with skating in this time last year. But, now it is progressing forward positively, comparing to that, so, I feel to be able to face to next season with a good condition".

The article:
    http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlin...N00244607.html.

Reference:
    The annual awards ceremony of JSF
    http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/201...2507957464.jpg

The joint trainning camp of Japan Olympic Committee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U_mW...layer_embedded

Tokyo Disney Land
    http://www.lovedisney.net/blog/201212/21we.jpg
    First i want to start with thanking you Akira Andrea for starting this lovely thread and thank you for providing all these links.
    I sooo look forward to see Mao again next season, and I truly wish her all the best.

vCash
    Good luck to Mao. She's a charming young lady. I hope she retires with a big bang and the medal she desires. Go for it!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Nothing would make me happier than to see Mao win the Olympics. Especially after she was robbed in 2006.

vCash
    Thank you so much for the translation. I would love to see Mao win the Gold medal at Sochi.
    Good luck Mao!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast