Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I'd advise to keep at the adjustment. Like kwanfan1818, I started with the old hard lenses (getting on for half a century ago), which were a very slow adjustment period, so there was no adaptation to change to the gas permeables. But visual acuity is much better than soft, and I have no problem wearing them for all my waking hours - and they're less hassle to look after. It turned out in my 40s that I had a cornea problem (keratoconus) in one eye that can't be corrected fully with any lens, but hard/gas permeables are the only way I can get halfway decent correction - both glasses and soft lenses would be useless. But I wore soft lenses for a few months once before I got the bump on my cornea, and I'd pick hard any time over either soft or glasses. Just wish I didn't keep losing them . . .

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    I also have keratoconus (on top of astygmatism) and gas permeable lenses are meant to make my vision clearer, but I honestly can't tell a lot of difference between the lenses and my glasses, even though my sight is extremely poor in one eye. In terms of general comfort I got used to the gas permeable lenses in a couple of weeks, but have never been able to get much past he 8 hour mark before I start getting watery eyes and some irritation as a result. This means I can't wear them to work, as I'd have to take them out before then end of the day (by the time you factor in getting to and from work).

My big problem, however, is the fact I can see the edge of the lense for my left eye, which I find really, really annoying and cannot learn to ignore. The optometrist tried three different lenses before the warranty ran out but never did solve the problem, and I'm darned if I'm shelling out $800 for another lense with no guarantees it will all come good. So the lenses have been relegated to special occasions use only, and I'm happily sticking with my glasses as I see better with them anyway, and they're more convenient.
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

vCash
    It's easier to put on hard/gas permeable lenses, but harder to remove them than soft leneses.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I find gas permeable lenses much easier to put in and take out. To take them out, I would squint, but my finger on the outside corner of my eye, and pull, which would lift the lens off my eye. I'd open my eye slowly and grab the lens. As long as I went slowly, I didn't drop the lens.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I just bend over my palm, pull my eye tight from the outside corner, blink, and they pop out.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    I just bend over my palm, pull my eye tight from the outside corner, blink, and they pop out.
    Same here, although every once in a while the lens would slip under the eyelid and then be a pain to maneuver to where it would pop out. Fortunately, that didn't happen very often.

vCash
    ^ yes, this has happened to me as well; not fun!

vCash
    Today was the 5th day. The right one seems to be settling better, but they are still annoying. Hopefully week two will be when I stop noticing they are in all the time.

Accept no substitutes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moebius View Post
    It's easier to put on hard/gas permeable lenses, but harder to remove them than soft leneses.
    My optometrist supplied a little plastic tool that looks like a teeny-tiny plunger to use when taking the lenses out. Pulls them straight off my eye, no hassles.

Like this
    The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as gods, and the cats have never forgotten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12